1. Thompson, J.D., et. al. Towards a reliable objective function for multiple sequence alignments. Journal Molecular Biology., 2001; 314,937:951
2. Lipman,D.J., et. al. A tool for multiple sequence alignment. Proceedings of National Academy of Science., 1989; 86, 4412:4415.
3. Thompson,J.D., et. al. CLUSTALW: improving the sensitivity of progressive multiple sequence alignment through sequence weighting, position-specific gap penalties and weight matrix choice. Nucleic Acids Research., 1994; 22, 4673:4680.
4. Notredame,C., et. al. T-Coffee: a novel method for fast and accurate multiple sequence alignment. Journal Molecular Biology., 2000; 302, 205:217.
5. Wallace,I.M. et. al.. M-Coffee: combining multiple sequence alignment methods with T-Coffee. Nucleic Acids Research., 2006; 34, 1692:1699.
6. Katoh,K., et. al. MAFFT: A novel method for rapid multiple sequence alignment based on fast Fourier transform. Nucleic Acids Research., 2002; 30, 3059:3066.
7. Edgar,R.C. MUSCLE: multiple sequence alignment with high accuracy and high throughput. Nucleic Acids Research., 2004; 32, 1792:1797.
8. Do,C.B. et. al. ProbCons: Probabilistic consistency-based multiple sequence alignment. Genome Research., 2005; 15, 330:340.
9. Pei, Jimin Multiple protein sequence alignment, Current opinions in structural biology, 2008; 18, 382:386.
10. Lloyd,S. and Snell,Q.O., Accelerated large-scale multiple sequence alignment. BMC Bioinformatics, 2011; 12, 466.
11. Paten, B. et al. Cactus: Algorithms for multiple sequence alignment. Genome Research, 2011; 21, 1512:1528.
12. Cutello, V. et al. Protein multiple sequence alignment by hybrid bio-inspired algorithms; Nucleic Acids Research., 2011
13. Thompson, J.D. et. al. A comprehensive benchmark study of multiple sequence alignment methods: current challenges and future perspectives. PLOS One, 2011; 6(3), e18093.
14. Collingridge, P.W. and Kelly, Steven MergeAlign: improving multiple sequence alignment performance by dynamic reconstruction of consensus multiple sequence alignments. BMC Bioinformatics, 2012; 13, 117.
15. Thompson, J.D., et. al. Balibase 3.0: Latest Developments of the Multiple Sequence alignment Benchmark. Proteins., 2005; 61, 127:136.
16. Holland, J.H. Adaptation in natural and artificial systems. Univ of Michigan press, 1975; Ann Arbor, MI.
17. Behera N & Nanjundiah V (1995) An Investigation into the role of Phenotypic Plasticity in Evolution / Journal of Theoretical Biology Vol.172, No. 3, 225-234.
18. Behera N & Nanjundiah V (1996) The Consequence of phenotypic plasticity in cyclically varying environments: a genetic algorithm study / Journal of Theoretical biology, Vol.178, No.2, 135-144
19. Behera N. &Nanjundiah V. trans-Gene Regulation in Adaptive Evolution: a Genetic Algorithm Model, Journal of Theoretical Biology 1997; 188,153:162.
20. Behera N. &Nanjundiah V. Phenotypic plasticity can potentiate rapid evolutionary change. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 2004; 226, 177:184.
21. Behera, N., Sinha, S, Gupta, R, Geoncy, A., Dimitrova, N & Mazher M (2018) Analysis of gene expression data by evolutionary clustering algorithm IEEE Explore International conference of information technology Bhubaneswar (DOI 10.1109/ICIT.2017.41 in 2018)
22. Zhang,C and Wong,A.K. A Genetic algorithm for multiple molecular sequence alignment. CABIOS, 1997; 13, 565:581.
23. Cai, L. et. al. Evolutionary computation techniques for multiple sequence alignment. Proceedings of the second congress on evolutionary computation, 2000; 2, 829-835.
24. Anbarasu, L.A., et. al. Multiple molecular sequence alignment by island parallel genetic algorithm. Current Science 2000; 78, 858:863
25. Notredame,C. and Higgins,D.G. SAGA: sequence alignment by genetic algorithm. Nucleic Acids Research., 1996; 24, 1515:1524.
26. Kemma C and Notredame C. Upcoming challenges for multiple sequence alignment methods in high-throughput era. 2009, Bioinformatics, 25, 2455-65
27. Chatzou M et al. Multiple sequence alignment modeling: methods and applications. 2016, Briefings in Bioinformatics, 17, 1009-1023.
28. Deorowicz S et al. FAMSA: Fast and accurate multiple sequence alignment of huge protein families. 2016, Nature scientific reports, 6, article number 33964.
29. Reddy B and Fields R. Multiple sequence alignment algorithms in bioinformatics. 2021, Proceedings of SmartCom held in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, pp 89-98
30. Thomsen, R. et. al. ClustalW alignment improver using evolutionary algorithms. Proceedings of the fourth congress on evolutionary computation, 2002; 1, 121:126.
31. R-package, URL: http://www.r-project.org/