1. Jerusalem G, Lancellotti P, Kim SB: HER2 + breast cancer treatment and cardiotoxicity: monitoring and management. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2019, 177:237–250.
2. Ahmed M, Rubio IT, Klaase JM, Douek M: Surgical treatment of nonpalpable primary invasive and in situ breast cancer. Nat Rev Clin Oncol 2015, 12:645–663.
3. Takahashi TA, Lee CI, Johnson KM: Breast cancer screening: Does tomosynthesis augment mammography? Cleve Clin J Med 2017, 84:522–527.
4. Parise CA, Caggiano V: Risk of mortality of node-negative, ER/PR/HER2 breast cancer subtypes in T1, T2, and T3 tumors. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2017, 165:743–750.
5. Wesseling J, Tinterri C, Sapino A, Zanconati F, Lutke-Holzik M, Nguyen B, Deck KB, Querzoli P, Perin T, Giardina C, et al: An international study comparing conventional versus mRNA level testing (TargetPrint) for ER, PR, and HER2 status of breast cancer. Virchows Arch 2016, 469:297–304.
6. Barile L, Vassalli G: Exosomes: Therapy delivery tools and biomarkers of diseases. Pharmacol Ther 2017, 174:63–78.
7. Pillay P, Moodley K, Moodley J, Mackraj I: Placenta-derived exosomes: potential biomarkers of preeclampsia. Int J Nanomedicine 2017, 12:8009–8023.
8. Zhang Y, Liu Y, Liu H, Tang WH: Exosomes: biogenesis, biologic function and clinical potential. Cell Biosci 2019, 9:19.
9. Jan AT, Rahman S, Khan S, Tasduq SA, Choi I: Biology, Pathophysiological Role, and Clinical Implications of Exosomes: A Critical Appraisal. Cells 2019, 8.
10. Ye FG, Song CG, Cao ZG, Xia C, Chen DN, Chen L, Li S, Qiao F, Ling H, Yao L, et al: Cytidine Deaminase Axis Modulated by miR-484 Differentially Regulates Cell Proliferation and Chemoresistance in Breast Cancer. Cancer Res 2015, 75:1504–1515.
11. Gonzalez-Villasana V, Rashed MH, Gonzalez-Cantú Y, Bayraktar R, Menchaca-Arredondo JL, Vazquez-Guillen JM, Rodriguez-Padilla C, Lopez-Berestein G, Resendez-Perez D: Presence of Circulating miR-145, miR-155, and miR-382 in Exosomes Isolated from Serum of Breast Cancer Patients and Healthy Donors. Dis Markers 2019, 2019:6852917.
12. Kia V, Mortazavi Y, Paryan M, Biglari A, Mohammadi-Yeganeh S: Exosomal miRNAs from highly metastatic cells can induce metastasis in non-metastatic cells. Life Sci 2019, 220:162–168.
13. Rodríguez-Martínez A, de Miguel-Pérez D, Ortega FG, García-Puche JL, Robles-Fernández I, Exposito J, Martorell-Marugan J, Carmona-Sáez P, Garrido-Navas MDC, Rolfo C, et al: Exosomal miRNA profile as complementary tool in the diagnostic and prediction of treatment response in localized breast cancer under neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Breast Cancer Res 2019, 21:21.
14. He Y, Deng F, Yang S, Wang D, Chen X, Zhong S, Zhao J, Tang J: Exosomal microRNA: a novel biomarker for breast cancer. Biomark Med 2018, 12:177–188.
15. Wang M, Ji S, Shao G, Zhang J, Zhao K, Wang Z, Wu A: Effect of exosome biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis of breast cancer patients. Clin Transl Oncol 2018, 20:906–911.
16. Lánczky A, Nagy Á, Bottai G, Munkácsy G, Szabó A, Santarpia L, Győrffy B: miRpower: a web-tool to validate survival-associated miRNAs utilizing expression data from 2178 breast cancer patients. Breast Cancer Res Treat 2016, 160:439–446.
17. Zhu J, Zheng Z, Wang J, Sun J, Wang P, Cheng X, Fu L, Zhang L, Wang Z, Li Z: Different miRNA expression profiles between human breast cancer tumors and serum. Front Genet 2014, 5:149.
18. Yuwen DL, Sheng BB, Liu J, Wenyu W, Shu YQ: MiR-146a-5p level in serum exosomes predicts therapeutic effect of cisplatin in non-small cell lung cancer. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2017, 21:2650–2658.
19. Simanovich E, Brod V, Rahat MM, Rahat MA: Function of miR-146a-5p in Tumor Cells As a Regulatory Switch between Cell Death and Angiogenesis: Macrophage Therapy Revisited. Front Immunol 2017, 8:1931.
20. Si C, Yu Q, Yao Y: Effect of miR-146a-5p on proliferation and metastasis of triple-negative breast cancer via regulation of SOX5. Exp Ther Med 2018, 15:4515–4521.
21. Gao W, Hua J, Jia Z, Ding J, Han Z, Dong Y, Lin Q, Yao Y: Expression of miR-146a-5p in breast cancer and its role in proliferation of breast cancer cells. Oncol Lett 2018, 15:9884–9888.
22. Xiao H, Wei N, Su M, Xiong Z: Down-regulation of serum miR-151a-3p is associated with renal tissue activity in class IV lupus nephritis. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2019, 37:67–72.
23. Zhu Y, Wu G, Yan W, Zhan H, Sun P: miR-146b-5p regulates cell growth, invasion, and metabolism by targeting PDHB in colorectal cancer. Am J Cancer Res 2017, 7:1136–1150.
24. Feng J, Wang M, Li M, Yang J, Jia J, Liu L, Zhou J, Zhang C, Wang X: Serum miR-221-3p as a new potential biomarker for depressed mood in perioperative patients. Brain Res 2019, 1720:146296.
25. Liu H, Xue L, Song C, Liu F, Jiang T, Yang X: Overexpression of circular RNA circ_001569 indicates poor prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma and promotes cell growth and metastasis by sponging miR-411-5p and miR-432-5p. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2018, 503:2659–2665.
26. Liu Y, Lu C, Zhou Y, Zhang Z, Sun L: Circular RNA hsa_circ_0008039 promotes breast cancer cell proliferation and migration by regulating miR-432-5p/E2F3 axis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2018, 502:358–363.
27. Uchida A, Seki N, Mizuno K, Yamada Y, Misono S, Sanada H, Kikkawa N, Kumamoto T, Suetsugu T, Inoue H: Regulation of KIF2A by Antitumor miR-451a Inhibits Cancer Cell Aggressiveness Features in Lung Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Cancers (Basel) 2019, 11.
28. Xu R, Li H, Wu S, Qu J, Yuan H, Zhou Y, Lu Q: MicroRNA-1246 regulates the radio-sensitizing effect of curcumin in bladder cancer cells via activating P53. Int Urol Nephrol 2019, 51:1771–1779.
29. Lin SS, Peng CY, Liao YW, Chou MY, Hsieh PL, Yu CC: miR-1246 Targets CCNG2 to Enhance Cancer Stemness and Chemoresistance in Oral Carcinomas. Cancers (Basel) 2018, 10.
30. Li J, Liu X, Li C, Wang W: miR-224-5p inhibits proliferation, migration, and invasion by targeting PIK3R3/AKT3 in uveal melanoma. J Cell Biochem 2019, 120:12412–12421.
31. Cheng Y, Li Z, Xie J, Wang P, Zhu J, Li Y, Wang Y: MiRNA-224-5p inhibits autophagy in breast cancer cells via targeting Smad4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 2018, 506:793–798.
32. Martínez-Iglesias O, García-Silva S, Regadera J, Aranda A: Hypothyroidism enhances tumor invasiveness and metastasis development. PLoS One 2009, 4:e6428.
33. Carr FE, Tai PW, Barnum MS, Gillis NE, Evans KG, Taber TH, White JH, Tomczak JA, Jaworski DM, Zaidi SK, et al: Thyroid Hormone Receptor-β (TRβ) Mediates Runt-Related Transcription Factor 2 (Runx2) Expression in Thyroid Cancer Cells: A Novel Signaling Pathway in Thyroid Cancer. Endocrinology 2016, 157:3278–3292.
34. Vattai A, Akyol E, Kuhn C, Hofmann S, Heidegger H, von Koch F, Hermelink K, Wuerstlein R, Harbeck N, Mayr D, et al: Increased trace amine-associated receptor 1 (TAAR1) expression is associated with a positive survival rate in patients with breast cancer. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 2017, 143:1637–1647.
35. Park JW, Zhao L, Willingham MC, Cheng SY: Inhibition of STAT3 signaling blocks obesity-induced mammary hyperplasia in a mouse model. Am J Cancer Res 2017, 7:727–739.
36. Lin HY, Chin YT, Yang YC, Lai HY, Wang-Peng J, Liu LF, Tang HY, Davis PJ: Thyroid Hormone, Cancer, and Apoptosis. Compr Physiol 2016, 6:1221–1237.
37. Flamini MI, Uzair ID, Pennacchio GE, Neira FJ, Mondaca JM, Cuello-Carrión FD, Jahn GA, Simoncini T, Sanchez AM: Thyroid Hormone Controls Breast Cancer Cell Movement via Integrin αV/β3/SRC/FAK/PI3-Kinases. Horm Cancer 2017, 8:16–27.
38. Topper YJ, Freeman CS: Multiple hormone interactions in the developmental biology of the mammary gland. Physiol Rev 1980, 60:1049–1106.