1. Barradas DT, Gupta S, Moyo C, Sachathep K, Dzekedzeke K, Nkumbula T, et al. Findings from the 2016 Zambia Population-based HIV Impact Assessment (ZAMPHIA): HIV prevalence, incidence and progress towards the 90-90-90 goals. Abstract TUAC0301. 9th International AIDS Society Meeting; 2017 Jul 23–26; Paris, France.
2. PEPFAR Data for Accountability, Transparency and Impact Monitoring (DATIM)
3. Mwamba, C., Sharma, A., Mukamba, N., Beres, L., Geng, E., Holmes, C. B., … Topp, S. M. (2018). 'They care rudely!': resourcing and relational health system factors that influence retention in care for people living with HIV in Zambia. BMJ global health, 3(5), e001007. doi:10.1136/bmjgh-2018-001007
4. Wagner CMJ, Carlberg-Racich S, Linsk NL, et al. Impacts of Longitudinal Mentorship to Strengthen the HIV Workforce: Qualitative Evidence of Changes in Clinicians' Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practice. The Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care: JANAC. 2017;28(6):938–952.
5. Naikoba S, Senjovu KD, Mugabe P, et al. Improved HIV and TB Knowledge and Competence Among Mid-level Providers in a Cluster-Randomized Trial of One-on-One Mentorship for Task Shifting. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes (1999). 2017 Aug;75(5):e120-e127. DOI: 10.1097/qai.0000000000001378.
6. Caine V, Mill J, O'Brien K, et al. Implementation Process of a Canadian Community-based Nurse Mentorship Intervention in HIV Care. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2016;27(3):274–284. doi:10.1016/j.jana.2015.11.001
7. Burgess A, van Diggele C, Mellis C. Mentorship in the health professions: a review. Clin Teach. 2018;15:197–202
8. Arora S, Thornton K, Komaromy M, Kalishman S, Katzman J, Duhigg D. Demonopolizing medical knowledge. Acad Med. 2014;89:30–32.
9. Arora S, Thornton K, Murata G, et al. Outcomes of treatment for hepatitis C virus infection by primary care providers. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2199–2207.
10. L. Bikinesi1, N. Hamunime et al. Adaptation, implementation and evaluation of a tele-mentoring program for the Namibian HIV health workforce. http://programme.aids2018.org/Abstract/Abstract/6455
11. Zambia Statistics Agency, Ministry of Health Zambia, ICF. Zambia demographic and health survey 2018. Lusaka, Zambia, and Rockville, MD: Zambia Statistics Agency, Ministry of Health, and ICF; 2019.
12. Arora S, Kalishman S, Thornton K, et al. Expanding access to hepatitis C virus treatment--Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) project: disruptive innovation in specialty care. Hepatology 2010; 52(3):1124–33.
13. PEPFAR. Monitoring, evaluation and reporting indicator reference sheet version 2.3. 2018.
14. McChrystal, S. A., Collins, T., Silverman, D., & Fussell, C. (2015). Team of teams: New rules of engagement for a complex world.
15. Mbuagbaw L, Thabane L. How to set-up a long-distance mentoring program: a framework and case description of mentorship in HIV clinical trials. J Multidiscip Healthc. 2013;6:17–23. doi:10.2147/JMDH.S39731
16. Goosby E, Dybul M, Fauci AS, et al. The United States President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief: a story of partnerships and smart investments to turn the tide of the global AIDS pandemic [published correction appears in J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012 Oct 1;61(2):e24. Fauci, Anthony A [corrected to Fauci, Anthony S]]. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2012;60 Suppl 3:S51-S56. doi:10.1097/QAI.0b013e31825ca721
17. Reddy et al. South Africa field epidemiology training program: developing and building applied epidemiology capacity, 2007–2016MC Public Health 2019, 19(Suppl 3):469
18. Matovu JK, Wanyenze RK, Mawemuko S, et al. Building capacity for HIV/AIDS program leadership and management in Uganda through mentored Fellowships. Glob Health Action. 2011;4:5815
19. Edwards LJ, Moises A, Nzaramba M. et al. Implementation of a health management mentoring program: year-1 evaluation of its impact on health system strengthening in Zambézia province, Mozambique. Int J Health Policy Manag. 2015;4(6):353–361. doi: 10.15171/ijhpm.2015.58.