1. Vijayan, A. Tackling AKI: prevention, timing of dialysis and follow-up. Nat Rev Nephrol 17, 87-88 (2021).
2. Chan, K.W., Yu, K.Y., Lee, P.W., Lai, K.N. & Tang, S.C. Global REnal Involvement of CORonavirus Disease 2019 (RECORD): A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Incidence, Risk Factors, and Clinical Outcomes. Front Med (Lausanne) 8, 678200 (2021).
3. Peerapornratana, S., Manrique-Caballero, C.L., Gomez, H. & Kellum, J.A. Acute kidney injury from sepsis: current concepts, epidemiology, pathophysiology, prevention and treatment. Kidney Int 96, 1083-1099 (2019).
4. Arshad, A., et al. Progression of Acute Kidney Injury to Chronic Kidney Disease in Sepsis Survivors: 1-Year Follow-Up Study. J Intensive Care Med 36, 1366-1370 (2021).
5. Ronco, C., Bellomo, R. & Kellum, J.A. Acute kidney injury. Lancet 394, 1949-1964 (2019).
6. Legrand, M., et al. Pathophysiology of COVID-19-associated acute kidney injury. Nat Rev Nephrol 17, 751-764 (2021).
7. Schmitt, A.M. & Chang, H.Y. Long Noncoding RNAs in Cancer Pathways. Cancer Cell 29, 452-463 (2016).
8. Kopp, F. & Mendell, J.T. Functional Classification and Experimental Dissection of Long Noncoding RNAs. Cell 172, 393-407 (2018).
9. Yamazaki, T., et al. Functional Domains of NEAT1 Architectural lncRNA Induce Paraspeckle Assembly through Phase Separation. Mol Cell 70, 1038-1053 e1037 (2018).
10. Wang, Y., et al. Genome-wide screening of NEAT1 regulators reveals cross-regulation between paraspeckles and mitochondria. Nat Cell Biol 20, 1145-1158 (2018).
11. Wen, S., et al. Long non-coding RNA NEAT1 promotes bone metastasis of prostate cancer through N6-methyladenosine. Mol Cancer 19, 171 (2020).
12. Yang, Y.L., et al. Long noncoding RNA NEAT1 is involved in the protective effect of Klotho on renal tubular epithelial cells in diabetic kidney disease through the ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Exp Mol Med 52, 266-280 (2020).
13. Zhang, P., Cao, L., Zhou, R., Yang, X. & Wu, M. The lncRNA Neat1 promotes activation of inflammasomes in macrophages. Nat Commun 10, 1495 (2019).
14. Mangan, M.S.J., et al. Targeting the NLRP3 inflammasome in inflammatory diseases. Nat Rev Drug Discov 17, 588-606 (2018).
15. He, Y., Hara, H. & Nunez, G. Mechanism and Regulation of NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation. Trends Biochem Sci 41, 1012-1021 (2016).
16. Jo, E.K., Kim, J.K., Shin, D.M. & Sasakawa, C. Molecular mechanisms regulating NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Cell Mol Immunol 13, 148-159 (2016).
17. Wang, L. & Hauenstein, A.V. The NLRP3 inflammasome: Mechanism of action, role in disease and therapies. Mol Aspects Med 76, 100889 (2020).
18. Elliott, E.I. & Sutterwala, F.S. Initiation and perpetuation of NLRP3 inflammasome activation and assembly. Immunol Rev 265, 35-52 (2015).
19. Rathinam, V.A.K., Zhao, Y. & Shao, F. Innate immunity to intracellular LPS. Nat Immunol 20, 527-533 (2019).
20. Pan, L.J., et al. Upregulation and clinicopathological significance of long non-coding NEAT1 RNA in NSCLC tissues. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16, 2851-2855 (2015).
21. Wu, Y., et al. Nuclear-enriched abundant transcript 1 as a diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in colorectal cancer. Mol Cancer 14, 191 (2015).
22. Chakravarty, D., et al. The oestrogen receptor alpha-regulated lncRNA NEAT1 is a critical modulator of prostate cancer. Nat Commun 5, 5383 (2014).
23. Bu, F.T., et al. LncRNA NEAT1: Shedding light on mechanisms and opportunities in liver diseases. Liver Int 40, 2612-2626 (2020).
24. Wang, Y., et al. LncRNA NEAT1 Targets Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes in Rheumatoid Arthritis via the miR-410-3p/YY1 Axis. Front Immunol 11, 1975 (2020).
25. Gast, M., et al. Long noncoding RNA NEAT1 modulates immune cell functions and is suppressed in early onset myocardial infarction patients. Cardiovasc Res 115, 1886-1906 (2019).
26. Kinsey, G.R., Sharma, R. & Okusa, M.D. Regulatory T cells in AKI. J Am Soc Nephrol 24, 1720-1726 (2013).
27. Linkermann, A., et al. Regulated cell death in AKI. J Am Soc Nephrol 25, 2689-2701 (2014).
28. Kayagaki, N., et al. Noncanonical inflammasome activation by intracellular LPS independent of TLR4. Science 341, 1246-1249 (2013).
29. Liu, T., Zhang, L., Joo, D. & Sun, S.C. NF-kappaB signaling in inflammation. Signal Transduct Target Ther 2(2017).
30. Lin, M., et al. Toll-like receptor 4 promotes tubular inflammation in diabetic nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol 23, 86-102 (2012).
31. Fu, D., Ju, Y., Zhu, C., Pan, Y. & Zhang, S. LncRNA NEAT1 Promotes TLR4 Expression to Regulate Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Trophoblastic Cell Pyroptosis as a Molecular Sponge of miR-302b-3p. Mol Biotechnol (2022).
32. Nong, W. Long non-coding RNA NEAT1/miR-193a-3p regulates LPS-induced apoptosis and inflammatory injury in WI-38 cells through TLR4/NF-kappaB signaling. Am J Transl Res 11, 5944-5955 (2019).
33. Zhou, W., et al. Galectin-3 activates TLR4/NF-kappaB signaling to promote lung adenocarcinoma cell proliferation through activating lncRNA-NEAT1 expression. BMC Cancer 18, 580 (2018).
34. Zhang, X., et al. Mechanisms and Functions of Long Non-Coding RNAs at Multiple Regulatory Levels. Int J Mol Sci 20(2019).
35. Zhuang, L., et al. Exosomal LncRNA-NEAT1 derived from MIF-treated mesenchymal stem cells protected against doxorubicin-induced cardiac senescence through sponging miR-221-3p. J Nanobiotechnology 18, 157 (2020).
36. Chen, Q., et al. Long Noncoding RNA NEAT1, Regulated by the EGFR Pathway, Contributes to Glioblastoma Progression Through the WNT/beta-Catenin Pathway by Scaffolding EZH2. Clin Cancer Res 24, 684-695 (2018).
37. Zhang, M., et al. The lncRNA NEAT1 activates Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and promotes colorectal cancer progression via interacting with DDX5. J Hematol Oncol 11, 113 (2018).
38. Li, W., et al. The FOXN3-NEAT1-SIN3A repressor complex promotes progression of hormonally responsive breast cancer. J Clin Invest 127, 3421-3440 (2017).
39. Komada, T. & Muruve, D.A. The role of inflammasomes in kidney disease. Nat Rev Nephrol 15, 501-520 (2019).
40. Li, N., Wang, Y., Wang, X., Sun, N. & Gong, Y.H. Pathway network of pyroptosis and its potential inhibitors in acute kidney injury. Pharmacol Res 175, 106033 (2021).
41. Wang, K.C. & Chang, H.Y. Molecular mechanisms of long noncoding RNAs. Mol Cell 43, 904-914 (2011).
42. Jiang, L., et al. NEAT1 scaffolds RNA-binding proteins and the Microprocessor to globally enhance pri-miRNA processing. Nat Struct Mol Biol 24, 816-824 (2017).
43. Wang, S., et al. Long noncoding RNA Neat1 modulates myogenesis by recruiting Ezh2. Cell Death Dis 10, 505 (2019).
44. Duan, Y., et al. RACK1 Mediates NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation by Promoting NLRP3 Active Conformation and Inflammasome Assembly. Cell Rep 33, 108405 (2020).
45. Imamura, K., et al. Long noncoding RNA NEAT1-dependent SFPQ relocation from promoter region to paraspeckle mediates IL8 expression upon immune stimuli. Mol Cell53, 393-406 (2014).