1. Brunt EM, Wong VW, Nobili V, Day CP, Sookoian S, Maher JJ, Bugianesi E, Sirlin CB, Neuschwander-Tetri BA, Rinella ME: Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Nature reviews Disease primers 2015, 1:15080.
2. Clark JM: The epidemiology of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in adults. Journal of clinical gastroenterology 2006, 40 Suppl 1:S5-10.
3. Perumpail BJ, Khan MA, Yoo ER, Cholankeril G, Kim D, Ahmed A: Clinical epidemiology and disease burden of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. World journal of gastroenterology 2017, 23(47):8263-8276.
4. Younossi ZM, Koenig AB, Abdelatif D, Fazel Y, Henry L, Wymer M: Global epidemiology of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease-Meta-analytic assessment of prevalence, incidence, and outcomes. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md) 2016, 64(1):73-84.
5. Dobiasova M: Atherogenic index of plasma [log(triglycerides/HDL-cholesterol)]: theoretical and practical implications. Clinical chemistry 2004, 50(7):1113-1115.
6. Dobiasova M, Frohlich J: The plasma parameter log (TG/HDL-C) as an atherogenic index: correlation with lipoprotein particle size and esterification rate in apoB-lipoprotein-depleted plasma (FER(HDL)). Clinical biochemistry 2001, 34(7):583-588.
7. Kalelioglu T, Genc A, Karamustafalioglu N, Emul M: Assessment of cardiovascular risk via atherogenic indices in patients with bipolar disorder manic episode and alterations with treatment. Diabetes & metabolic syndrome 2017, 11 Suppl 1:S473-s475.
8. Onat A, Can G, Kaya H, Hergenc G: "Atherogenic index of plasma" (log10 triglyceride/high-density lipoprotein-cholesterol) predicts high blood pressure, diabetes, and vascular events. Journal of clinical lipidology 2010, 4(2):89-98.
9. Zhu XW, Deng FY, Lei SF: Meta-analysis of Atherogenic Index of Plasma and other lipid parameters in relation to risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Primary care diabetes 2015, 9(1):60-67.
10. Edwards MK, Blaha MJ, Loprinzi PD: Atherogenic Index of Plasma and Triglyceride/High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol Ratio Predict Mortality Risk Better Than Individual Cholesterol Risk Factors, Among an Older Adult Population. Mayo Clinic proceedings 2017, 92(4):680-681.
11. Kim D, Kim WR: Nonobese Fatty Liver Disease. Clinical gastroenterology and hepatology : the official clinical practice journal of the American Gastroenterological Association 2017, 15(4):474-485.
12. Sun DQ, Wu SJ, Liu WY, Wang LR, Chen YR, Zhang DC, Braddock M, Shi KQ, Song D, Zheng MH: Association of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol within the normal range and NAFLD in the non-obese Chinese population: a cross-sectional and longitudinal study. 2016, 6(12):e013781.
13. Appropriate body-mass index for Asian populations and its implications for policy and intervention strategies. Lancet (London, England) 2004, 363(9403):157-163.
14. Zeng MD, Fan JG, Lu LG, Li YM, Chen CW, Wang BY, Mao YM: Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver diseases. Journal of digestive diseases 2008, 9(2):108-112.
15. Ampuero J, Aller R: The effects of metabolic status on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease-related outcomes, beyond the presence of obesity. 2018, 48(11-12):1260-1270.
16. Dobiasova M, Frohlich J, Sedova M, Cheung MC, Brown BG: Cholesterol esterification and atherogenic index of plasma correlate with lipoprotein size and findings on coronary angiography. Journal of lipid research 2011, 52(3):566-571.
17. Niriella MA, Pathmeswaran A, De Silva ST, Kasturiratna A, Perera R, Subasinghe CE, Kodisinghe K, Piyaratna C, Rishikesawan V, Dassanayaka AS et al: Incidence and risk factors for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: A 7-year follow-up study among urban, adult Sri Lankans. Liver international : official journal of the International Association for the Study of the Liver 2017, 37(11):1715-1722.
18. Wang Q, Zheng D, Liu J, Fang L, Li Q: Atherogenic index of plasma is a novel predictor of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease in obese participants: a cross-sectional study. Lipids in health and disease 2018, 17(1):284.