1. WHO. Diabetes . Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/diabetes. April 13, 2021.
2. WHO. Diabetes. [cited 2020 Nov 13]. Available from: https://www.who.int/westernpacific/health-topics/diabetes
3. International Diabetes Federation - Diabetes in Africa. [cited 2020 Nov 2]. Available from: https://idf.org/our-network/regions-members/africa/diabetes-in-africa.html
4. Wolde M. Diabetes mellitus and associated diseases from Ethiopian perspective: Systematic review. Ethiop J Health Dev. 2013 Jan 1;27:249–53.
5. WHO. World Health Rankings: Diabetes Mellitus in Ethiopia [Internet]. World Life Expectancy. [cited 2020 Nov 13]. Available from: https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/ethiopia-diabetes-mellitus
6. Roglic G, World Health Organization, editors. Global report on diabetes. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2016. 86 p.
7. Gillani AH, Amirul Islam FM, Hayat K, Atif N, Yang C, Chang J, et al. Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices Regarding Diabetes in the General Population: A Cross-Sectional Study from Pakistan. Int J Environ Res Public Health [Internet]. 2018 Sep [cited 2020 Oct 20];15(9). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6164838/
8. Allende-Vigo MZ. Diabetes mellitus prevention. Am J Ther. 2015 Feb;22(1):68–72.
9. Aljofan M, Altebainawi A, Alrashidi MN. Public knowledge, attitude and practice toward diabetes mellitus in Hail region, Saudi Arabia. Int J Gen Med. 2019 Jul 16;12:255–62.
10. Alsous M, Abdel Jalil M, Odeh M, Al Kurdi R, Alnan M. Public knowledge, attitudes and practices toward diabetes mellitus: A cross-sectional study from Jordan. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2019 Mar 29 [cited 2020 Oct 20];14(3). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6440628/
11. Carballo M, Mohammad A, Maclean EC, Khatoon N, Waheedi M, Abraham S. Knowledge, attitudes, behaviours and practices towards diabetes mellitus in Kuwait. East Mediterr Health J Rev Sante Mediterr Orient Al-Majallah Al-Sihhiyah Li-Sharq Al-Mutawassit. 2019 Jan 23;24(11):1098–102.
12. Endris T, Worede A, Asmelash D. Prevalence of Diabetes Mellitus, Prediabetes and Its Associated Factors in Dessie Town, Northeast Ethiopia: A Community-Based Study. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes Targets Ther. 2019;12:2799–809.
13. Kassahun CW, Mekonen AG. Knowledge, Attitude, Practices and Their Associated Factors Towards Diabetes Mellitus Among Non Diabetes Community Members of Bale Zone Administrative Towns, South East Ethiopia. a Cross-Sectional Study. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2017 Feb 2 [cited 2020 Oct 20];12(2). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5289457/
14. Hu FB. Globalization of Diabetes: The role of diet, lifestyle, and genes. Diabetes Care. 2011 Jun 1;34(6):1249–57.
15. Sahile AT, Bekele GE. Prevalence of Diabetes Mellitus and Associated Factors in Addis Ababa Public Health Facilities, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2016. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes Targets Ther. 2020;13:501–8.
16. Kiberenge MW, Ndegwa ZM, Njenga EW, Muchemi EW. Knowledge, attitude and practices related to diabetes among community members in four provinces in Kenya: a cross-sectional study. Pan Afr Med J [Internet]. 2010 Oct 6 [cited 2020 Oct 20];7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3172632/
17. Alemayehu AM, Dagne H, Dagnew B. Knowledge and associated factors towards diabetes mellitus among adult non-diabetic community members of Gondar city, Ethiopia 2019. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2020 Mar 26 [cited 2020 Oct 20];15(3). Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7098606/
18. Atun R, Davies JI, Gale EAM, Bärnighausen T, Beran D, Kengne AP, et al. Diabetes in sub-Saharan Africa: from clinical care to health policy. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2017;5(8):622–67.
19. Hall V, Thomsen RW, Henriksen O, Lohse N. Diabetes in Sub Saharan Africa 1999-2011: Epidemiology and public health implications. a systematic review. BMC Public Health. 2011 Dec;11(1):564.
20. World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean. Guidelines for the prevention, management and care of diabetes mellitus [Internet]. Cairo: World Health Organization, Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean; 2006 [cited 2020 Nov 18]. Available from: https://library.dctabudhabi.ae/sirsi/detail/1237444
21. Oba S, Yamamoto M, Horikawa Y, Suzuki E, Nagata C, Takeda J, et al. Knowledge of diabetes and its determinants: a cross-sectional study among adults in a Japanese community. BMJ Open. 2019 30;9(5):e024556.
22. Herath HMM, Weerasinghe NP, Dias H, Weerarathna TP. Knowledge, attitude and practice related to diabetes mellitus among the general public in Galle district in Southern Sri Lanka: a pilot study. BMC Public Health [Internet]. 2017 Jun 1 [cited 2020 Oct 20];17. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5455097/
23. Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability: Performance Assessment Report,December 2, 2019 [Internet]. [cited 2020 Dec 18].
24. World Urbanization Prospects: Addis Ababa Population 2020 [Internet]. [cited 2020 Dec 16]. Available from: https://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/addis-ababa-population
25. Memon MS, Shaikh SA, Shaikh AR, Fahim MF, N. Mumtaz S, Ahmed N. An assessment of knowledge, attitude and practices (KAP) towards diabetes and diabetic retinopathy in a suburban town of Karachi. Pak J Med Sci. 2015;31(1):183–8.
26. K Berhe K. Assessment of Diabetes Knowledge and its Associated Factors among Type 2 Diabetic Patients in Mekelle and Ayder Referral Hospitals, Ethiopia. J Diabetes Metab [Internet]. 2014 [cited 2020 Nov 13];05(05). Available from: https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access/assessment-of-diabetes-knowledge-and-its-associated-factors-among-type-diabetic-patients-2155-6156.1000378.php?aid=26340.
27. Wolde M, Berhe N, Die I, Medhin G, Tsegaye A. Knowledge and practice on prevention of diabetes mellitus among Diabetes mellitus family members, in suburban cities in Ethiopia. BMC Res Notes. 2017 Dec 1;10.