1) Fiscella K, Whitley E, Hendren S, Raich P, Humiston S, Winters P, et al. Patient navigation for breast and colorectal cancer treatment: A randomized trial. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012;21:1673-1681.
2) Wagner EH, Ludman EJ, Aiello Bowles EJ, Penfold R, Reid RJ, Rutter CM, et al. Nurse navigators in early cancer care: a randomized, controlled trial. J Clin Oncol. 2014;32:12-18.
3) Meneses KD, McNees P, Loerzel, VW, Su X, Zhang Y, Hassey LA. Transition from treatment to survivorship: effects of a psychoeducational intervention on quality of life in breast cancer survivors. Oncology Nursing Forum. 2007;34:1007-1016.
4) Gustafson DH, Hawkins R, Pingree S, McTavish F, Arora NK, Mendenhall J, et al. Effect of computer support on younger women with breast cancer. J Gen Intern Med. 2001;16:435-445.
5) Sandgren AK, McCaul KD. Short-term effects of telephone therapy for breast cancer patients. Health Psychology. 2003;22:310-315.
6) Salzer MS, Palmer SC, Kaplan K, Brusilovskiy E, Ten Have T, Hampshire M, et al. A randomized, controlled study of internet peer-to-peer interactions among women newly diagnosed with breast cancer. Psychooncology. 2010;19:441-446.
7) Owen JE, Klapow JC, Roth DL, Shuster JL Jr, Bellis J, Meredith R, et al. Randomized pilot of a self-guided internet coping group for women with early-stage breast cancer. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. 2005;30:54-64.
8) Gellaitry G, Peters K, Bloomfield D, Horne R. Narrowing the gap: the effects of an expressive writing intervention on perceptions of actual and ideal emotional support in women who have completed treatment for early stage breast cancer. Psychooncology. 2010;19:77-84.
9) Breitbart W, Rosenfeld B, Pessin H, Applebaum A, Kulikowski J, Lichtenthal WG. Meaning-centered group psychotherapy: an effective intervention for improving psychological well-being in patients with advanced cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:749-754.
10) Galway K, Black A, Cantwell M, Cardwell CR, Mills M, Donnelly M. Psychosocial interventions to improve quality of life and emotional wellbeing for recently diagnosed cancer patients. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2012; doi:10.1002/14651858.CD007064.pub2.
11) Matsuda A, Yamaoka K, Tango T, Matsuda T, Nishimoto H. Effectiveness of psychoeducational support on quality of life in early-stage breast cancer patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Qual Life Res. 2014;23:21-30.
12) Faller H, Schuler M, Richard M, Heckl U, Weis J, Küffner R. Effects of psycho-oncologic interventions on emotional distress and quality of life in adult patients with cancer: Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:782-793.
13) Spiegel D, Bloom JR, Kraemer HC, Gottheil E. Effect of psychosocial treatment on survival of patients with metastatic breast cancer. Lancet. 1989;2:888-91.
14) Mustafa M, Carson-Stevens A, Gillespie D, Edwards AGK. Psychological interventions for women with metastatic breast cancer. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2013; doi:10.1002/14651858.CD004253.pub4.
15) Temel JS, Greer JA, Muzikansky A, Gallagher ER, Admane S, Jackson VA, et al. Early palliative care for patients with metastatic non–small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2010;363:733-742.
16) Angell KL, Kreshka MA, McCoy R, Donnelly P, Turner-Cobb JM, Graddy K, et al. Psychosocial intervention for rural women with breast cancer: the Sierra Stanford partnership. J Gen Intern Med. 2003;18:499-507.
17) Beatty LJ, Koczwara B, Rice J, Wade TD. A randomised controlled trial to evaluate the effects of a self-help workbook intervention on distress, coping and quality of life after breast cancer diagnosis. Med J Aust. 2010;193:S68-S73.
18) Fayers PM, Aaronson NK, Bjordal K, Groenvold M, Curran D, Bottomley A on behalf of the EORTC Quality of life group. The EORTC QLQ-C30 Scoring Manual. European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer, Brussels 2001
19) Van den Berg SW, Gielissen MF, Custers JA, van der Graaf WT, Ottevanger PB, Prins JB. BREATH: web-based self-management for psychological adjustment after primary breast cancer—results of a multicenter randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:2763-2771.
20) Foster C, Grimmett C, May CM, Ewings S, Myall M, Hulme C, et al. A web-based intervention (RESTORE) to support self-management of cancer-related fatigue following primary cancer treatment: a multi-centre proof of concept randomised trial. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:2445-2453.
21) Basch E, Deal AM, Kris MG, Scher HI, Hudis CA, Sabbatini P, et al. Symptom monitoring with patient-reported outcomes during routine cancer treatment: A randomized controlled trial. J Clin Oncol. 2016;34:557-565.
22) Basch E, Deal AM, Dueck AC, Scher HI, Kris MG, Hudis C, et al. Overall survival results of a trial assessing patient-reported outcomes for symptom monitoring during routine cancer treatment. JAMA. 2017;318:197-198.