1. Prince M, Patel V, Saxena S, Maj M, Maselko J, Phillips MR, et al. No health without mental health. Global Mental Health. 2007;370(9590):859-77.
2. Association WP. Thematic conference on intersectional collaboration. Athens Greece: October 30-Novmeber 2 2014.
3. Compton, T. M. Clinical Manual of Prevention in Mental Health In: Publishing AP, editor. 1st ed 2009.
4. O’Connell, E. M, Boat, T., Warner, (Eds.) KE. Preventing mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders among young people: Progress and possibilities. Washington, D.C: National Research Council and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies 2009.
5. Mark Olfson MD M, M.A. BF, Myrna M. Weissman P, PhD. ACL, David V. Sheehan M, MBA., Roger G. Kathol M, et al. Mental Disorders and Disability Among Patients in a Primary Care Group Practice. 2009.
6. Deressa W, Azazh A. Substance use and its predictors among undergraduate medical students of Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. BMC Public Health. 2011(11: 660).
7. Kebede Y, Abula T, Ayele B, Feleke A, Degu G, kifle A, et al. Substance Abuse For the Ethiopian Health Center Team. Ethiopia Public Health Training Initiative [Internet]. 2005.
8. Mossie A. The prevalence and socio demographic characteristics of khat chewing in Jima Town, South west Ethiopia. Ethiop J Health. 2002;Sci 12: (69-79.).
9. Kebede Y. Cigarette smoking and Khat chewing among college students in North West Ethiopia. Ethiop J Health. 2002;Dev 16(9-17.).
10. Alwan H, Viswanathan B, Rousson V, Paccaud F, Bovet P. Association between substance use and psychosocial characteristics among adolescents of the Seychelles. BMC Pediatrics. 2011(11: 85).
11. Horner P, Grogan-Kaylor A, Delva J, Bares C, Andrade F, Castillo M. The Association of Family and Peer Factors with Tobacco, Alcohol, and Marijuana Use among Chilean adolescents in Neighborhood Context. Subst Abuse Rehabil. 2011 sep 1;2(1):163-72.
12. Windle M, Windle ReC. Depressive symptoms and cigarette smoking among middle adolescents: prospective associations and intrapersonal and interpersonal influences. J Consult Clin Psychol 2001 Apr;69(2):215-26.
13. Hawkins J, Catalano R, Miller J. Risk and protective factors for alcohol and other drug problems in adolescence and early adulthood: implications. psychol Bull. 1992 Jul;112(1):64-105.
14. Kebede D, Alem A, Mitike G, Enquselassie F, Berhane F, Abebe Y, et al. Khat and alcohol use and risky sex behaviour among in-school and out-of-school youth in Ethiopia. BMC Public Health. 2005;5(109 doi:10.1186/1471-2458-5-109 http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/5/109).
15. Organization WH. The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders. Geneva: 1993.
16. Acuda, S W. Drug dependence: Health and socio-economic consequences. East Afr Med J. 1988;65(643-652).
17. Odejide A. Status of drug use/abuse in Africa. International Journal of Mental Health. 2006;4(87-102).
18. WHO. Global status report on alcohol and health. 2011.
19. WHO. Report On THE Global Tobacco Epidemic. 2011.
20. Deressa W, Azazh A. Substances use and its predictors among undergraduate medical students of Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia. BMC Public Health. 2011(11:660).
21. WHO. Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health Switzerland. 2014.
22. Rehm J, Room R, Monteiro M, Gmel G, Graham K, Rehn N, et al. Alcohol as a risk factor for global burden of disease. Eur Addict Res. 2003;9(4):157–64.
23. UNODC. The non-Medical use of Prescription Drugs Policy Direction Issues. Vienna: UNODC, 2011.
24. UNODC. World Drug Report. Vienna: UNODC, 2014.
25. WHO, ROE. Status Report on Alcohol and Health in 35 European Countries Copenhagen: World Health Organization Regional Office for Europe, 2013.
26. Rehm J, Mothers C, Popova S, Thvornchaoensap M, Teerawattananon Y, Patra J. Global burden of disease and injury and economic cost attributable to alcohol use and alcohol use disorder. Lancet. 2009;373(9682):2223-33.
27. Fekadu A, Alem A, Hanlon C. Alcohol and Drug Abuse in Ethiopia. African J Drug Alcohol Studies 2007;6(1):40-7.
28. World DR. Recent Statistics And Trend Analysis Of Illicit Drug Markets. 2010.
29. WHR. Reducing risks, promoting healthy life. Geneva,: World Health Organization, 2002. http://www.who.int/whr/2002/en.
30. WHO. Global status report on alcohol and health. 2014.
31. NSDUH. National Survey on Drug Use and Health:Summary of National Findings: Results from the 2013.
32. Mahfouz MS, Alsanosy RM, Gaffar AM. The role of family background on adolescent khat chewing behavior in Jazan Region in Saudi Arabia. Annals of General Psychiatry. 2013(12:16).
33. SK S. A Study on Patterns of Tobacco Use Among School Teachers in Mahottary District of Nepal. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council. 2014;5:No.1 April.
34. Atwoli L, Mungla PA, Ndung’u MN, Kinoti KC, Ogot EM. Prevalence of substance use among college students in Eldoret, western Kenya. BMC Psychiatry. 2011(11:34).
35. Okwarah P, Gakunju R, Kabiru E, Malla L, Okedi W, Muthami L, et al. Prevalence And Correlates Of Alcohol Use Among Underage High-School Students In Murang’a And Kajiado Counties, Kenya. Researchjournali’s Journal of Public Health. July .2015;1 No.6.
36. Tesfaye G, Derese A, Hambisa MT. Substance Use and Associated Factors among University Students in Ethiopia: A Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of Addiction. 2014:8.
37. Gebreslassie M, Feleke A, Meles T. Psychoactive substances use and associated factors among Axum university students, Axum Town, North Ethiopia. BMC Public Health 2013(13:693).
38. Tsegay G, Esmael A. Psychoactive Substances Use (Khat, Alcohol and Tobacco) and Associated Factors among Debre Markos University Students, North-West Ethiopia. J Def Manag 2014(4:1).
39. Kassa A, Taddesse F, Yilma A. Prevalence and factors determining psychoactive substance (PAS) use among Hawassa University (HU) undergraduate students, Hawassa Ethiopia. BMC Public Health. 2014(14:1044).
40. Kumesa ST, Mohammed MA, Gebremariam ET, Gelaw BK, Seifu MF, G T. The Prevalence and Pattern of Social Drug Abuse Among Students of Rift Valley University College, Bishoftu Campus, 2014, Bishoftu, Ethiopia. Ethiopia J Pharma Care Health Sys. 2015(2:1).
41. R K-G, P O, R G, J T. Trends and emerging drugs in Kenya: A case study in Mombasa and Nairobi. Journal of Applied Biosciences. 30th July 2013;67:5308-25.