1. Nwogoh B, Aigberadion U, Nwannadi AI. Knowledge, attitude and practice of voluntary blood donation among healthcare workers at the university of Benin teaching hospital, Benin city, Nigeria. J Blood Transfus. 2013;2013:797830.
2. WHO. WHO AFRO: Blood safety. 2013; Available from: http://www.afro.who.int/en/ethiopia/country-programmes/blood-safety.html.
3. Uma S, Arun R, Arumugam P. The Knowledge, attitude and practice towards blood donation among voluntary blood donors in Chennai, India. J Clin Diagn Res. 2013;7(6):1043-6.
4. Abderrahmana BH, Salehb MY. Investigating knowledge and attitudes of blood donors and barriers concerning blood donation in Jordan. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2014;116:2146 - 54.
5. Osaro E, Charles AT. The challenges of meeting the blood transfusion requirements in Sub-Saharan Africa: the need for the development of alternatives to allogenic blood. J Blood Med. 2011;2:7 - 21.
6. WHO. WHO. Blood safety and availability. 2016.
7. Central Statistical Agency. Ethiopia Demographic and Health Survey. 2012.
8. World Health Organization. Status of Blood Safety in the WHO African Region: Report of the 2010 Survey. 2014; Available from: https://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/104446/9789290232469.pdf.
9. Bates I, Chapotera GK, McKew S, van den Broeka N. Maternal mortality in sub-Saharan Africa: the contribution of ineffective blood transfusion services. BJOG. 2008;115(11):1331–9.
10. Sanayaima DH, Jalina L, Shantibala K, Vijaya E. Knowledge, attitude and practice (KAP) of blood safety and donation. Ind Med Gaz. 2012.
11. Messih IYA, Ismail MA, Saad AA, Azer MR. The degree of safety of family replacement donors versus voluntary non-remunerated donors in an Egyptian population: a comparative study. Blood Transfus. 2014;12: 159-65.
12. Melku M, Asrie F, Shiferaw E, Woldu B, Yihunew Y, Asmelash D, et al. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Regarding Blood Donation among Graduating Undergraduate Health Science Students at the University of Gondar, Northwest Ethiopia. Ethiopian journal of health sciences. 2018;28(5).
13. Abera B, Mohammed B, Betela W, Yimam R, Oljira A, Ahmed M, et al. Knowledge, attitude, and practice towards blood donation among health care providers in hospitals at Bahir Dar City, Ethiopia. Transfus Apher Sci. 2017;56(3):434-8.
14. Malako D, Yoseph F, Bekele ML. Assessment of knowledge, attitude and practice and associated factors of blood donation among health care workers in Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. BMC Hematology. 2019;19:10.
15. Obsa MS, Weji BG, Dedecho AT, Worji TA. Assessment of knowledge, attitude and practice of graduating health science students towards blood donation at Wolaita Soddo university. J Blood Disord Transfus. 2018;9:1.
16. Tadesse T, Berhane T, Abraha TH, Gidey B, Hagos E, Grum T, et al. Blood donation practice and associated factors among health professionals in Tigray regional state public hospitals, northern Ethiopia. BMC Research Notes. 2018;11:677.
17. Addisu AG, Sultan H, Deginet T, Addishiwot Z, Samuel T. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Voluntary Blood Donation and Associated Factors among Residents of Birbir Town. J Community Med Health Educ. 2017;7(504):2161-0711.
18. Urgesa K, Hassen N, Seyoum A. Knowledge, attitude, and practice regarding voluntary blood donation among adult residents of Harar town, Eastern Ethiopia: a community-based study. J Blood Med. 2017;8:13–20.
19. Al-Asadi JN, Al-Yassen AQ. Knowledge, attitude and practice of blood donation among university students in Basrah, Iraq: A comparison between medical and non-medical students. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2018;9(6):62-7.
20. Das K, Geetanjali, Sachdev S, Kaur B, Singh CI, D. N. Knowledge, attitude and practice of blood donors toward blood donation. J Postgrad Med Edu Res. 2014;48(3):123-7.
21. Melku M, Terefe B, Asrie F, Enawgaw B, Melak T, Tsegay YG, et al. Knowledge, attitude, and practice of adult population towards blood donation in Gondar Town, Northwest Ethiopia: a community based cross-sectional study. Journal of blood transfusion. 2016;2016.
22. Kabinda JM, Miyanga SA, Ramazani SY, Dramaix M-W. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of the General Population of Bukavu in the Democratic Republic of Congo on Blood Donation and Blood Transfusion. TransfusionMedicine & HealthcareOctober. 2014;6(18):2525-34.