1. Cook TM, Woodall N, Harper J, Benger J, Fourth National Audit P. Major complications of airway management in the UK: results of the Fourth National Audit Project of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and the Difficult Airway Society. Part 2: intensive care and emergency departments. Br J Anaesth. 2011 May;106(5):632-42.
2. Difficult Airway Society Extubation Guidelines G, Popat M, Mitchell V, Dravid R, Patel A, Swampillai C, et al. Difficult Airway Society Guidelines for the management of tracheal extubation. Anaesthesia. 2012 Mar;67(3):318-40.
3. Cavallone LF, Vannucci A. Review article: Extubation of the difficult airway and extubation failure. Anesth Analg. 2013 Feb;116(2):368-83.
4. McLean S, Lanam CR, Benedict W, Kirkpatrick N, Kheterpal S, Ramachandran SK. Airway exchange failure and complications with the use of the Cook Airway Exchange Catheter(R): a single center cohort study of 1177 patients. Anesth Analg. 2013 Dec;117(6):1325-7.
5. Mort TC. Continuous airway access for the difficult extubation: the efficacy of the airway exchange catheter. Anesth Analg. 2007 Nov;105(5):1357-62.
6. Artime CA, Hagberg CA. Tracheal extubation. Respir Care. 2014 Jun;59(6):991-1002
7. LeDez KM. Airway exchange catheters: appropriate use and gas embolism. Can J Anaesth. 2011 Dec;58(12):1142-3.
8. Duggan LV, Law JA, Murphy MF. Brief review: Supplementing oxygen through an airway exchange catheter: efficacy, complications, and recommendations. Can J Anaesth. 2011 Jun;58(6):560-8.
9. Smith T, Vaughan D. Extubation over a bougie in difficult airways: are we missing a trick? Anaesthesia. 2013 Sep;68(9):974-5.
10. Frerk C, Mitchell VS, McNarry AF, Mendonca C, Bhagrath R, Patel A, et al. Difficult Airway Society 2015 guidelines for management of unanticipated difficult intubation in adults. Br J Anaesth. 2015 Dec;115(6):827-48.
11. Toki K, Yamaguchi Y, Miyashita T, Takaki S, Yamaguchi O, Goto T. Insertion length of airway exchange catheter during exchange of tracheal tube: a simulation study. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2016 Jul;60(6):832-3.
12. Axe R, Middleditch A, Kelly FE, Batchelor TJ, Cook TM. Macroscopic barotrauma caused by stiff and soft-tipped airway exchange catheters: an in vitro case series. Anesth Analg. 2015 Feb;120(2):355-61.
13. Ramachandran SK. In response. Anesth Analg. 2014 Jul;119(1):216.
14. Weingart SD, Levitan RM. Preoxygenation and prevention of desaturation during emergency airway management. Ann Emerg Med. 2012 Mar;59(3):165-75.
15. Mir F, Patel A, Iqbal R, Cecconi M, Nouraei SA. A randomised controlled trial comparing transnasal humidified rapid insufflation ventilatory exchange (THRIVE) pre-oxygenation with facemask pre-oxygenation in patients undergoing rapid sequence induction of anaesthesia. Anaesthesia. 2017 Apr;72(4):439-43.
16. Loudermilk EP, Hartmannsgruber M, Stoltzfus DP, Langevin PB. A prospective study of the safety of tracheal extubation using a pediatric airway exchange catheter for patients with a known difficult airway. Chest. 1997 Jun;111(6):1660-5.
17. Biro P, Priebe HJ. Staged extubation strategy: is an airway exchange catheter the answer? Anesth Analg. 2007 Nov;105(5):1182-5.
18. Law J, Duggan L. Extubation guidelines: use of airway exchange catheters. Anaesthesia. 2012 Aug;67(8):918-9; author reply 21-2.
19. McManus S, Jones L, Anstey C, Senthuran S. An assessment of the tolerability of the Cook staged extubation wire in patients with known or suspected difficult airways extubated in intensive care. Anaesthesia. 2018 May;73(5):587-93.
20. Furyk C, Walsh ML, Kaliaperumal I, Bentley S, Hattingh C. Assessment of the reliability of intubation and ease of use of the Cook Staged Extubation Set-an observational study. Anaesth Intensive Care. 2017 Nov;45(6):695-9.