1 WHO: Program for the Prevention of Blindness and Deafness, Global initiative for the elimination of avoidable blindness. Geneva WHO; 2000
2. Gilbert C, Foster A. Childhood blindness in the context of VISION 2020—The right to sight. Vol. 79, Bulletin of the World Health Organization. 2001
3.Griffin JR. Genetics review: relation to ocular disease. Optom Vis Sci 1994 71 164-167.
4.MacDonald IM, Mah DY. Summary of heritable ocular disorders and selected systemic conditions with eye findings. Ophthalmic Genet 2000 21 29-49.
5 Gilbert C1, Rahi J, Eckstein M, Foster A Mar;16(1):1-10 Hereditary disease as a cause of childhood blindness: regional variation. Results of blind school studies undertaken in countries of Latin America, Asia and Africa. Ophthalmic Genet. 1995
6.Young TL. Ophthalmic genetics/inherited eye disease. Curr Opin Ophthalmol 2003 14 296-303.
7.S Afr Optom 2012 71(4) 178-189 A review of ocular genetics and inherited eye diseases SD Mathebula
8.The American Academy of Ophthalmology Task force on Genetic Testing Recommendation for genetic testing of inherited eye diseases. Guidelines of American Academy of ophthalmology, February 2014
9.Adhikari S, Shrestha MK, Adhikari K, Maharjan N, Shrestha UD. Causes of visual impairment and blindness in children in three ecological regions of Nepal: Nepal Pediatric Ocular Diseases Study. Clin Ophthalmol. 2015 Aug 25;9:1543-7
10.Shrestha JB, Gnyawali S, Upadhyay MP. Causes of blindness and visual impairment among students in integrated schools for the blind in Nepal. Ophthal Epidemiol. 2012;19(6):401–406.
11.Jhonson MP, Thapa,S Laston S.Genetic Research on Ocular Health and Disease in a Population from Nepal: Genetic Eye Research in Asia and the Pacific. Chapter · January 2019 DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-0884-0_8 ·In book: Advances in Vision Research, Volume II, pp.75-84
12. Adhikari S, Shrestha U, Shrestha MK, Paudyal M, Thapa B, Shrestha M. Environmental factors associated with ocular morbidity among children in three ecological regions of Nepal: a phase II Nepal Pediatric Ocular Diseases Study Int Ophthalmol. 2017 Oct 14
13. Singh M, Tyagi SC. Genes and genetics in eye diseases: a genomic medicine approach for investigating hereditary and inflammatory ocular disorders. Int J Ophthalmol. 2018;11(1):117-134. Published 2018 Jan 18. doi:10.18240/ijo.2018.01.20
14. Elias I. Traboulsi, MD, Genetic Diseases of the Eye, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 2012
15. Holmes JM, Leske DA, Burke JP, Hodge DO. Birth prevalence of visually significant infantile cataract in a defined U.S. population. Ophthalmic Epidemiol 2003; 10:67-74. [PMID: 12660855].
16. Foster A, Gilbert C, Rahi J. Epidemiology of cataract in childhood: a global perspective. J Cataract Refract Surg 1997; 23: Suppl 1601-4. [PMID: 9278811
17. He W, Li S. Congenital cataracts: gene mapping. Hum Genet 2000; 106:1-13.
18. Shiels A, Bennett TM, Hejtmancik JF. Cat-Map: putting cataract on the map. Mol Vis 2010; 16:2007-
19. Mitsuko Nakashima Æ Motoi Nakano, Genome-wide linkage analysis and mutation analysis of hereditary congenital blepharoptosis in a Japanese family, J Hum Genet (2008) 53:34–41
20 Morrison D, FitzPatrick D, Hanson I, J National study of microphthalmia, anophthalmia, and coloboma (MAC) in Scotland: investigation of genetic aetiology. J. Med. Genet. 39, 16-22.
21.Myron S Yanoff J S Duker,Ophthalmology 5th Edition United states of America. Elsiever 2019..
22.Kawaguchi R, Yu J, Honda J, Hu J,. A Membrane Receptor for Retinol Binding Protein Mediates Cellular Uptake of Vitamin A Science. 2007 Feb 9; 315(5813):820-5
23.Gail Billingsley, Sathiyavedu T. Santhiya, CRYBA4, a Novel Human Cataract Gene, Is Also Involved in Microphthalmia, Am J Hum Genet. 2006 Oct; 79(4): 702–709.
24.Beby F, Lamonerie T. The Homeobox Gene Otx2 in Development and Disease. Exp Eye Res. 2013 Jun; 111():9-16.
25.Brett Deml, Linda M Reis, Novel mutations in PAX6, OTX2 and NDP in anophthalmia, microphthalmia and coloboma, Eur J Hum Genet. 2016 Apr; 24(4): 535–541.
26. Lejing Wang, ABCB6Mutations Cause Ocular Coloboma, The American Journal of Human Genetics 90, 40–48, January 13, 2012
27 Rivka L. Glaser, Wen Jiang, Paternal Origin of FGFR2 Mutations in Sporadic Cases of Crouzon Syndrome and Pfeiffer Syndrome, Am. J. Hum. Genet. 66:768–777, 2000