1.Vogelmeier, C.F. et al. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive lung disease 2017 Report. GOLD Executive Summary. Am J Respir Crit Care Med.195(5), 557-582( 2017).
2.GBD 2017 DALYs and HALE Collaborators. Global, regional, and national disability-adjusted life-years (DALYs) for 359 diseases and injuries and healthy life expectancy (HALE) for 195 countries and territories, 1990–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet 392(10159),1859–922(2018) .
3.Fang, L. et al. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in China: a nationwide prevalence study. Lancet Respir Med. 6 (6),421–430(2018).
4. Wang, C. et al. China Pulmonary Health Study Group. Prevalence and risk factors of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in China (the China Pulmonary Health [CPH] study): a national cross-sectional study. Lancet391(10131),1706–1717(2018).
5. Zhou, M.et al. Mortality, morbidity, and risk factors in China and its provinces, 1990-2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet 394(10204),1145–1158(2019).
6.Flenley, D.C. Sleep in chronic obstructive lung disease. Clin Chest Med. 6,651–661(1985).
7.Shawon, M.S. et al. Current evidence on prevalence and clinical outcomes of co-morbid obstructive sleep apnea and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review. Sleep Med Rev. 32, 58-68( 2017),.
8.Donovan, L.M. et al. Poor outcomes among patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with higher risk for undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnea in the LOTT cohort. J Clin Sleep Med.15(1),71–77 (2019).
9. McNicholas, W.T. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea: overlaps in pathophysiology, systemic inflammation, and cardiovascular disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 180(8), 692-700(2009).
10. Du, W. et al. Obstructive sleep apnea, COPD, the overlap syndrome, and mortality: results from the 2005-2008 national health and nutrition examination survey. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 13,665-674(2018).
11.Marin, J.M., Soriano, J.B., Carrizo, S.J., Boldova, A., Celli, B.R. Outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea: the overlap syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 182(3),325-331(2010) .
12. Marin, J.M., Carrizo, S.J., Vincente, E., Agusti, A.G. Long-term cardiovascular outcomes in men with obstructive sleep apnoea-hypopnoea with or without treatment with continuous positive airway pressure: an observational study. Lancet 365(9464),1046-1053(2005).
13.White, L.H., Bradley, T.D. Role of nocturnal rostral fluid shift in the pathogenesis of obstructive and central sleep apnoea. J Physiol.591(5), 1179-1193(2013).
14. Krachman, S.L., et al. Effect of emphysema severity on the apnea-hypopnea index in smokers with obstructive sleep apnea. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 13(7), 1129-1135(2016).
15.Ustun, B., Westover, M.B., Rudin, C., Bianchi, M.T. Clinical Prediction Models for Sleep Apnea: The Importance of Medical History over Symptoms. J Clin Sleep Med.12(2),161-8(2016).
16.Sun, W.L.et al. Impact of obstructive sleep apnea on pulmonary hypertension in
patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Chin Med J (Engl). 132(11),1272-1282(2019).
17.Wang, N. et al. Geographical Disparity and Associated Factors of COPD Prevalence in China: A Spatial Analysis of National Cross-Sectional Study.Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis.15, 367–377(2020).
18.von Elm, E. et al.The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) Statement: Guidelines for Reporting Observational Studies. Lancet370(9596),1453-7(2007).
19. Berry, R.B. et al. Rules for scoring respiratory events in sleep: update of the 2007 AASM Manual for the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events. Deliberations of the Sleep Apnea Definitions Task Force of the American Academy of Sleep Medicine. J Clin Sleep Med.8(5), 597‑619(2012).
20. Sleep and respiratory disorders group, society of respiratory diseases, Chinese Medical Association. Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea and hypopnea syndrome(2011 Revision).Chinese Journal of tuberculosis and respiratory diseases 35 (1),9-12(2012).
21. Mahler, D.A., Wells, C.K. Evaluation of clinical methods for rating dyspnea. Chest 93(3),580-586(1988).
22. Jones, P.W.et al. Development and first validation of the COPD Assessment Test. Eur Respir J.34(3),648-654(2009).
23. Chung, F.et al. High STOP-Bang score indicates a high probability of obstructive sleep apnoea.Br J Anaesth.108(5),768-75(2012).
24. Zigmond, A.S., Snaith, R.P. The hospital anxiety and depression scale. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 67(6):361-370(1983).
25.Charlson, M.E., Pompei, P., Ales, K.L.,MacKenzie, C.R. A new method of classifying prognostic comorbidity in longitudinal studies:development and validation. J Chronic Dis.40(5),373-383(1987)
26.Steveling, E.H.et al. Predictors of the overlap syndrome and its association with comorbidities in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respiration 88(6),451‑457(2014).
27. Hu, W. et al.Obstructive Sleep Apnea Increases the Prevalence of Hypertension in Patients with Chronic Obstructive Disease. COPD. 17(5),523-532(2020).
28.Xiong, M.Q.et al. Analysis of risk factors and consequences for concurrent obstructive sleep apnea in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease patients.Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 42(11),832-837(2019).
29 Sole,r X. et al. Age, gender, neck circumference, and Epworth sleepiness scale do not predict obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) in moderate to severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): The challenge to predict OSA in advanced COPD PLoS One. 12(5), e0177289(2017).
30.Poulain, M.et al. The effect of obesity on chronic respiratory diseases: pathophysiology and therapeutic strategies.CMAJ.174(9),1293-9(2006).
31.Deegan, P.C., McNicholas, W.T. Pathophysiology of obstructive sleep
apnoea. Eur Respir J. 8(7),1161-1178(1995).
32. Edwards, B.A., Eckert, D.J., Jordan, A.S. Obstructive sleep apnoea pathogenesis from mild to severe: Is it all the same?.Respirology 22(1) :33-42(2017).
33. Peppard, P.E., Young, T., Palta, M., Dempsey, J., Skatrud, J. Longitudinal study of moderate weight change and sleep-disordered breathing. JAMA. 284(23),3015-21(2000).
34 Hang, L.W. et al. Predictive factors warrant screening for obstructive sleep apnea in COPD: a Taiwan National Survey. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 11, 665‑673(2016).
35.Langsetmo, L., Platt, R.W., Ernst, P., Bourbeau, J. Underreporting exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a longitudinal cohort. Am J Respir Crit Care Med.177(4),396‑401(2008).
36.Xie, J., Li, F. Association of sleep overlap syndrome with type 2 diabetes in a cross-sectional study. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 51(2),252-255(2019).
37.Papachatzakis, I., Velentza, L., Zarogoulidis, P., Kallianos, A., Trakada, G. Comorbidities in coexisting chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and obstructive sleep apnea-overlap syndrome. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci.22(13),4325-4331(2018).
38.Fabbri, L.M., Lupp,i F., Beghé, B., Rabe, K.F. Complex chronic comorbidities of COPD. Eur Respir J. 31(1),204-212(2008).
39. Xiong, M.et al. The Screening Value Of ESS, SACS, BQ, And SBQ On Obstructive Sleep Apnea In Patients With Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 14, 2497-2505(2019).
40. Li, Z.et al. Characterization of primary symptoms leading to Chinese patients presenting at hospital with suspected obstructive sleep apnea. J Thorac Dis. 6(5),444-451(2014).
41.Agusti AG. Systemic effects of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.Proc Am Thorac Soc 2005;2:367–370.
42. He, B.T.et al.Coexistence of OSA may compensate for sleep related reduction in neural respiratory drive in patients with COPD. Thorax 72(3),256‑262(2017).
43. McMahon, M.J., Sheikh, K.L., Andrada, T.F., Holley, A.B. Using the STOPBANG questionnaire and other pre-test probability tools to predict OSA in younger, thinner patients referred to a sleep medicine clinic. Sleep Breath 21(4), 869-876(2017）.
44. Heinzer,R.et al. Prevalence of sleep-disordered breathing in the general population: the HypnoLaus study. Lancet Respir Med. 3(4),310-318(2015).
45. Kashyap, R., Hock, L.M., Bowman, T.J. Higher prevalence of smoking in patients diagnosed as having obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Breath 5(4),167–172(2001).
46. Shaikh, M., Sood, R.G., Sarkar, M., Thakur, V. Quantitative Computed Tomography (CT) Assessment of Emphysema in Patients with Severe Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and its Correlation with Age, Sex, Pulmonary Function Tests, BMI, Smoking, and Biomass Exposure.Pol J Radiol. 82,760-766(2017).
47.Sharma, B.et al. Obstructive airways disease and obstructive sleep apnea: Effect of pulmonary function. Lung189(1),37-41(2011).
48. Appelberg, J., Nordahl, G., Janson, C. Lung volume and its correlation to nocturnal apnoea and desaturation. Respir Med.94(3),233–239(2000).
49. Biselli, P. et al. The effect of increased lung volume in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on upper airway obstruction during sleep. J Appl Physiol(1985). 119(3),266-271(2015).
50. Mulloy, E., McNicholas, W.T. The ophylline in obstructive sleep apnea. A double-blind evaluation. Chest 101(3),753-757(1992).