1. Fajt ML, Wenzel SE. Development of New Therapies for Severe Asthma. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2017;9(1):3-14.
2. Alquran A, Lambert KA, Farouque A, Holland A, Davies J, Lampugnani ER, et al. Smartphone Applications for Encouraging Asthma Self-Management in Adolescents: A Systematic Review. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2018;15(11):2403.
3. Shimwela M, Mwita J, Mwandri M, Rwegerera G, Mashalla Y, Mugusi F. Asthma prevalence, knowledge, and perceptions among secondary school pupils in rural and urban coastal districts in Tanzania. BMC Public Health. 2014;14(1):387.
4. Kim S-H, Moon JY, Lee JH, Ban G-Y, Kim S, Kim M-A, et al. Perceptions of Severe Asthma and Asthma-COPD Overlap Syndrome Among Specialists: A Questionnaire Survey. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res. 2018;10(3):225-35.
5. Fadzil A, Norzila MZ. Parental asthma knowledge. Med J Malaysia. 2002;57(4):474-81.
6. Ahmad N, Ismail A, Sulong S, Rahman RA. Determinant for Quality of Life among Childhood Asthma in Malaysia: A Cross Sectional Study. International Medical Journal. 2017;24(2):195-9.
7. Patrick DL, Bergner M. Measurement of health status in the 1990s. Annual review of public health. 1990;11:165-83.
8. Stelmach I, Podlecka D, Smejda K, Majak P, Jerzyńska J, Stelmach R, et al. Pediatric Asthma Caregiver’s Quality of Life Questionnaire is a useful tool for monitoring asthma in children. Quality of Life Research. 2012;21(9):1639-42.
9. Choi JY, Cho Chung HI. Effect of an individualised education programme on asthma control, inhaler use skill, asthma knowledge and health-related quality of life among poorly compliant Korean adult patients with asthma. Journal of clinical nursing. 2011;20(1-2):119-26.
10. Yang BH, Chen YC, Chiang BL, Chang YC. Effects of nursing instruction on asthma knowledge and quality of life in schoolchildren with asthma. The journal of nursing research : JNR. 2005;13(3):174-83.
11. Pei Y, Liu W, Bilal Masokano I, Li F, Xie S, Zhou G, et al. COVID-19: Children Comparison with Adults Based on the Latest Data. Available at SSRN 3550063. 2020.
12. Viner R, Russell S, Croker H, Packer J, Ward J, Stansfield C, et al. School Closure and Management Practices during Coronavirus Outbreaks including COVID-19: A Rapid Narrative Systematic Review. Available at SSRN 3556648. 2020.
13. Oreskovic NM, Kinane TB, Aryee E, Kuhlthau KA, Perrin JM. The Unexpected Risks of COVID-19 on Asthma Control in Children. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. 2020.
14. Licari A, Votto M, Brambilla I, Castagnoli R, Piccotti E, Olcese R, et al. Allergy and asthma in children and adolescents during the COVID outbreak: What we know and how we could prevent allergy and asthma flares. Allergy. 2020;n/a(n/a).
15. Fedele DA, McConville A, Graham Thomas J, McQuaid EL, Janicke DM, Turner EM, et al. Applying Interactive Mobile health to Asthma Care in Teens (AIM2ACT): Development and design of a randomized controlled trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials. 2018;64:230-7.
16. Haze KA, Lynaugh J. Building patient relationships: a smartphone application supporting communication between teenagers with asthma and the RN care coordinator. Computers, informatics, nursing : CIN. 2013;31(6):266-71; quiz 72-3.
17. Houser J. Nursing research: Reading, using and creating evidence: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 2016.
18. Harris AD, McGregor JC, Perencevich EN, Furuno JP, Zhu J, Peterson DE, et al. The use and interpretation of quasi-experimental studies in medical informatics. Journal Of The American Medical Informatics Association: JAMIA. 2006;13(1):16-23.
19. Stone R, Cooper S, Cant R. The value of peer learning in undergraduate nursing education: A systematic review. ISRN nursing. 2013;2013.
20. Grimshaw J, Campbell M, Eccles M, Steen N. Experimental and quasi-experimental designs for evaluating guideline implementation strategies. Fam Pract. 2000;17 Suppl 1:S11-6.
21. Brydges CR. Effect Size Guidelines, Sample Size Calculations, and Statistical Power in Gerontology. Innovation in Aging. 2019;3(4).
22. Solis Soto M, Patino A, Nowak D, Radon K. Prevalence of asthma, rhinitis and eczema symptoms in rural and urban school-aged children from Oropeza Province - Bolivia: a cross-sectional study. BMC Pulmonary Medicine. 2014;14(1):40.
23. Mehravar F, Rafiee S, Bazrafshan B, Khodadost M. Prevalence of asthma symptoms in Golestan schoolchildren aged 6–7 and 13–14 years in Northeast Iran. Frontiers of Medicine. 2016;10(3):345-50.
24. Narayana PP, Prasanna MP, Narahari S, Guruprasad AM. Prevalence of asthma in school children in rural India. Annals of thoracic medicine. 2010;5(2):118.
25. Quah BS, Razak AR, Hassan MH. Prevalence of asthma, rhinitis and eczema among schoolchildren in Kelantan, Malaysia. Acta paediatrica Japonica; Overseas edition. 1997;39(3):329-35.
26. Duan H, Wang Z, Ji Y, Ma L, Liu F, Chi M, et al. Using goal-directed design to create a mobile health app to improve patient compliance with hypertension self-management: development and deployment. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 2020;8(2):e14466.
27. Hou S-I. Health literacy online: A guide to writing and designing easy-to-use health web sites. Sage Publications Sage CA: Los Angeles, CA; 2012.
28. Anwar H, Hassan N, Jaffer N, Al-Sadri E. Asthma Knowledge among Asthmatic School Students. Oman Medical Journal. 2008;23(2):90-5.
29. Cicutto L, Gleason M, Szefler SJ. Establishing school-centered asthma programs. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2014;134(6):1223-30.
30. Kenyon CC, Hill DA, Henrickson SE, Bryant-Stephens TC, Zorc JJ. Initial effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on pediatric asthma emergency department utilization. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. 2020;8(8):2774-6.e1.
31. Cerdan NS, Alpert PT, Moonie S, Cyrkiel D, Rue S. Asthma severity in children and the quality of life of their parents. Applied Nursing Research. 2012;25(3):131-7.
32. Alsamghan AS, Awadalla NJ, Mohamad YA, Hassan AM. Influence of altitude on pediatric asthma severity and quality of life in southwestern Saudi Arabia. Egyptian Journal of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis. 2016;65(3):555-61.
33. Horner SD, Brown SA, Walker VG. Is rural school-aged children's quality of life affected by their responses to asthma? Journal of pediatric nursing. 2012;27(5):491-9.
34. Gerald LB, Gerald JK, Zhang B, McClure LA, Bailey WC, Harrington KF. Can a school-based hand hygiene program reduce asthma exacerbations among elementary school children? Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2012;130(6):1317-24.
35. Sararaks S, Rugayah B, Azman A, Karuthan C, Low L. Quality of Life-How Do Malaysian Asthmatics Fare? Medical Journal of Malaysia. 2001;56(3):350-8.
36. Hui CY, Walton R, McKinstry B, Jackson T, Parker R, Pinnock H. The use of mobile applications to support self-management for people with asthma: a systematic review of controlled studies to identify features associated with clinical effectiveness and adherence. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2017;24(3):619-32.
37. Warren CM, Dyer A, Blumenstock J, Gupta RS. Leveraging Mobile Technology in a School-Based Participatory Asthma Intervention: Findings From the Student Media-Based Asthma Research Team (SMART) Study. American Journal of Health Education. 2016;47(2):59-70.
38. Everhart RS, Heron KE, Leibach GG, Miadich SA. Developing a Mobile Health Intervention for Low-Income, Urban Caregivers of Children with Asthma: A Pilot Study. Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Pulmonology. 2017;30(4):252-6.
39. Majeed-Ariss R, Baildam E, Campbell M, Chieng A, Fallon D, Hall A, et al. Apps and Adolescents: A Systematic Review of Adolescents’ Use of Mobile Phone and Tablet Apps That Support Personal Management of Their Chronic or Long-Term Physical Conditions. Journal of medical Internet research. 2015;17(12):e287.
40. Mosnaim GS, Powell LH, Rathkopf M. A Review of Published Studies Using Interactive Internet Tools or Mobile Devices to Improve Asthma Knowledge or Health Outcomes. Pediatric Allergy, Immunology & Pulmonology. 2012;25(2):55-63.