1.Flegal KM, Carroll MD, Kit BK, Ogden CL. Prevalence of obesity and trends in the distribution of body mass index among US adults, 1999-2010. JAMA. 2012;307(5):491-497.
2. Costa-Urrutia P, Vizuet-Gámez A, Ramirez-Alcántara M, Guillen-González MÁ, Medina-Contreras O, Valdes-Moreno M, et al. Obesity measured as percent body fat, relationship with body mass index, and percentile curves for Mexican pediatric population. PloS one. 2019;14(2):e0212792.
3. Weir CB, Jan A. BMI classification percentile and cut off points. 2019; StatPearls.
4. Chen LJ, Fox KR, Haase A, Wang JM. Obesity, fitness and health in Taiwanese children and adolescents. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2006;60(12):1367-1375.
5. Wang F, McDonald T, Champagne LJ, Edington DW. Relationship of body mass index and physical activity to health care costs among employees. J Occup Environ Med. 2004;46(5):428-436.
6. Magnusson SP, Narici MV, Maganaris CN, Kjaer M. Human tendon behaviour and adaptation, in vivo. J Physiol. 2008;586(1):71-81.
7. Fukashiro S, Noda M, Shibayama A. In vivo determination of muscle viscoelasticity in the human leg. Acta Physiol Scand. 2001;172(4):241-248.
8. Williams III DS, Davis IM, Scholz JP, Hamill J, Buchanan TS. High-arched runners exhibit increased leg stiffness compared to low-arched runners. Gait Posture. 2004;19(3):263-269.
9. Hamaguchi Y, Kaido T, Okumura S, Kobayashi A, Shirai H, Yagi S, et al. Impact of skeletal muscle mass index, intramuscular adipose tissue content, and visceral to subcutaneous adipose tissue area ratio on early mortality of living donor liver ransplantation. Transplantation. 2017;101(3):565-574.
10. Šarabon N, Kozinc Ž, Podrekar N. Using shear-wave elastography in skeletal muscle: A repeatability and reproducibility study on biceps femoris muscle. Plos one. 2019;14(8):e0222008.
11. Feng YN, Li YP, Liu CL, Zhang ZJ. Assessing the elastic properties of skeletal muscle and tendon using shearwave ultrasound elastography and MyotonPRO. Sci Rep. 2018;8(1): 1-9.
12. Gapeyeva H, Vain A. Methodical guide: principles of applying Myoton in physical medicine and rehabilitation. Tartu, Estonia: Müomeetria Ltd. 2008.
13. Agyapong-Badu S, Warner M, Samuel D, Stokes M. Practical Considerations for Standardized Recording of Muscle Mechanical Properties Using a Myometric Device: recording Site, Muscle Length, State of Contraction and Prior Activity. J Musculoskelet Res. 2018;21(02):1850010.
14. Faria A, Gabriel R, Abrantes J, Brás R, Moreira H. Triceps-surae musculotendinous stiffness: relative differences between obese and non-obese postmenopausal women. Clin Bio. 2009;24(10):866-871.
15. Kuo WH, Jian DW, Wang TG, Wang YC. Neck muscle stiffness quantified by sonoelastography is correlated with body mass index and chronic neck pain symptoms. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2013;39(8):1356-1361.
16. Seo A, Lee JH, Kusaka Y. Estimation of trunk muscle parameters for a biomechanical model by age, height and weight. J Occup Health. 2003;45(4):197-201.
17. Wood S, Pearsall DJ, Ross R, Reid JG. Trunk muscle parameters determined from MRI for lean to obese males. Clin Bio. 1996;11(3):139-144.
18. Kocur P, Tomczak M, Wiernicka M, Goliwąs M, Lewandowski J, Łochyński D. Relationship between age, BMI, head posture and superficial neck muscle stiffness and elasticity in adult women. Sci Rep. 2019;9(1):1-10.
19. Saris WHM, Blair SN, Van Baak MA, Eaton SB, Davies PSW, Di Pietro L, et al. How much physical activity is enough to prevent unhealthy weight gain? Outcome of the IASO 1st Stock Conference and consensus statement. Obes Rev. 2003;4(2):101-114.
20. Agyapong-Badu S, Aird L, Bailey L, Mooney K, Mullix J, Warner M, et al. Interrater reliability of muscle tone, stiffness and elasticity measurements of rectus femoris and biceps brachii in healthy young and older males. Work Papers Health Sci. 2013;4:1-11.
21. Bailey L, Samuel D, Warner MB, Stokes M. Parameters representing muscle tone, elasticity and stiffness of biceps brachii in healthy older males: symmetry and within-session reliability using the MyotonPRO. J Neurol Disord. 2013;1(1):1-7.
22. Zinder SM, Padua DA. Reliability, validity, and precision of a handheld myometer for assessing in vivo muscle stiffness. J Sport Rehabil 2011. doi: 10.1123/jsr.2010-0051
23. Schneebeli A, Falla D, Clijsen R, Barbero M. Myotonometry for the evaluation of Achilles tendon mechanical properties: a reliability and construct validity study. BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2020. dx.doi.org/10.1136/bmjsem-2019-000726
24. Liu CL, Li YP, Wang XQ, Zhang ZJ. Quantifying the stiffness of achilles tendon: Intra-and inter-operator reliability and the effect of ankle joint motion. Med Sci Mon Int Med J Exp Clin Res. 2018;24:4876.
25. Agyapong-Badu S, Warner M, Samuel D, Stokes M. Measurement of ageing effects on muscle tone and mechanical properties of rectus femoris and biceps brachii in healthy males and females using a novel hand-held myometric device. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;62:59-67.
26. Gavronski G, Veraksitš A, Vasar E, Maaroos J. Evaluation of viscoelastic parameters of the skeletal muscles in junior triathletes. Physiol Meas. 2007;28(6):625.
27. Rihvk I, Clough A, Clough P. Investigation to compare static stretching and proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation contract–relax stretching effects on the visco-elastic parameters of the biceps femoris muscle. Int Musculoskelet Med. 2010;32(4):157-162.
28. Colomar J, Baiget E, Corbi F. Influence of Strength, Power, and Muscular Stiffness on Stroke Velocity in Junior Tennis Players. Front Physiol. 2020;11:196.
29. Myoton. https://www.myoton.com/technology/ Updated February 14, 2021.
30. Schober P, Boer C, Schwarte LA. Correlation coefficients: appropriate use and interpretation. Anesth Analg. 2018;126(5): 1763-1768.
31. Garcia-Vicencio S, Coudeyre E, Kluka V, Cardenoux C, Jegu AG, Fourot AV, et al. The bigger, the stronger? Insights from muscle architecture and nervous characteristics in obese adolescent girls. Int J Obes. 2016;40(2):245-251.
32. Gervasi M, Sisti D, Amatori S, Andreazza M, Benelli P, Sestili P, et al. Muscular viscoelastic characteristics of athletes participating in the European Master Indoor Athletics Championship. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2017;117(8):1739-1746.
33. Kocur P, Grzeskowiak M, Wiernicka M, Goliwas M, Lewandowski J, Łochyński D. Effects of aging on mechanical properties of sternocleidomastoid and trapezius muscles during transition from lying to sitting position—A cross-sectional study. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2017;70:14-18.
34. Brady AO, Straight CR, Schmidt MD, Evans EM. Impact of body mass index on the relationship between muscle quality and physical function in older women. The journal of nutrition, health & aging. 2014;18(4):378-382.
35. Sun K, Park J, Gupta OT, Holland WL, Auerbach P, Zhang N, et al. Endotrophin triggers adipose tissue fibrosis and metabolic dysfunction. Nat Commun. 2014;5(1):1-12.
36. Taş S, Yılmaz S, Onur MR, Soylu AR, Altuntaş O, Korkusuz F. Patellar tendon mechanical properties change with gender, body mass index and quadriceps femoris muscle strength. Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2017;51(1):54-59.
37. Ramazanoğlu E, Usgu S, Yakut Y. Assessment of the mechanical characteristics of the lower extremity muscles with myotonometric measurements in healthy individuals. Physiother Q. 2020;28(4):1–12.
38. Barbat-Artigas S, Pion CH, Leduc-Gaudet JP, Rolland Y, Aubertin-Leheudre M. Exploring the role of muscle mass, obesity, and age in the relationship between muscle quality and physical function. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2014;15(4):303-e13.