1. Hu B, Guo H, Zhou P, et al. Characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19. Nat Rev Microbiol 2021; 19,(3):141-154.
2. Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University. [https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html]
3. Wichmann D, Sperhake J-P, Lütgehetmann M, et al. Autopsy Findings and Venous Thromboembolism in Patients With COVID-19: A Prospective Cohort Study. Ann Intern Med 2020; 173,(4):268-277.
4. Varga Z, Flammer AJ, Steiger P, et al. Endothelial cell infection and endotheliitis in COVID-19. Lancet 2020; 395,(10234):1417-1418.
5. Levi M, Thachil J, Iba T, et al. Coagulation abnormalities and thrombosis in patients with COVID-19. Lancet Haematol 2020; 7,(6):e438-e440.
6. Godino C, Scotti A, Maugeri N, et al. Antithrombotic therapy in patients with COVID-19? -Rationale and Evidence. Int J Cardiol 2021; 324,(261-266.
7. Du F, Jiang P, He S, et al. Antiplatelet Therapy for Critically Ill Patients: A Pairwise and Bayesian Network Meta-Analysis. Shock 2018; 49,(6):616-624.
8. Hamid U, Krasnodembskaya A, Fitzgerald M, et al. Aspirin reduces lipopolysaccharide-induced pulmonary inflammation in human models of ARDS. Thorax 2017; 72,(11):971-980.
9. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 5.1.0. The Cochrane Collaboration. [www.cochrane-handbook.org]
10. Liu Q, Huang N, Li A, et al. Effect of low-dose aspirin on mortality and viral duration of the hospitalized adults with COVID-19. Medicine 2021; 100,(6):e24544.
11. Liu X, Li Z, Liu S, et al. Potential therapeutic effects of dipyridamole in the severely ill patients with COVID-19. Acta Pharm Sin B 2020; 10,(7):1205-1215.
12. Meizlish ML, Goshua G, Liu Y, et al. Intermediate-dose anticoagulation, aspirin, and in-hospital mortality in COVID-19: A propensity score-matched analysis. American journal of hematology 2021; 96,(4):471-479.
13. Merzon E, Green I, Vinker S, et al. The use of aspirin for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease is associated with a lower likelihood of COVID-19 infection. The FEBS journal 2021.
14. Osborne TF, Veigulis ZP, Arreola DM, et al. Association of mortality and aspirin prescription for COVID-19 patients at the Veterans Health Administration. PloS one 2021; 16,(2):e0246825.
15. Zost SJ, Gilchuk P, Case JB, et al. Potently neutralizing and protective human antibodies against SARS-CoV-2. Nature 2020; 584,(7821):443-449.
16. Sahai A, Bhandari R, Koupenova M, et al. SARS-CoV-2 Receptors are Expressed on Human Platelets and the Effect of Aspirin on Clinical Outcomes in COVID-19 Patients. Research square 2020.
17. Alamdari NM, Afaghi S, Rahimi FS, et al. Mortality Risk Factors among Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients in a Major Referral Center in Iran. Tohoku J Exp Med 2020; 252,(1):73-84.
18. Chow JH, Khanna AK, Kethireddy S, et al. Aspirin Use Is Associated With Decreased Mechanical Ventilation, Intensive Care Unit Admission, and In-Hospital Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019. Anesthesia and analgesia 2021; 132,(4):930-941.
19. Russo V, Di Maio M, Attena E, et al. Clinical impact of pre-admission antithrombotic therapy in hospitalized patients with COVID-19: A multicenter observational study. Pharmacological research 2020; 159,(104965.
20. Yuan S, Chen P, Li H, et al. Mortality and pre-hospitalization use of low-dose aspirin in COVID-19 patients with coronary artery disease. Journal of cellular and molecular medicine 2021; 25,(2):1263-1273.
21. Giacomelli A, Ridolfo AL, Milazzo L, et al. 30-day mortality in patients hospitalized with COVID-19 during the first wave of the Italian epidemic: A prospective cohort study. Pharmacological research 2020; 158,(104931.
22. Wright FL, Vogler TO, Moore EE, et al. Fibrinolysis Shutdown Correlation with Thromboembolic Events in Severe COVID-19 Infection. J Am Coll Surg 2020; 231,(2).
23. He P, Yang C, Ye G, et al. Risks of colorectal neoplasms and cardiovascular thromboembolic events after the combined use of selective COX-2 inhibitors and aspirin with 5-year follow-up: a meta-analysis. Colorectal Dis 2019; 21,(4):417-426.
24. Salah HM, Mehta JL. Meta-Analysis of the Effect of Aspirin on Mortality in COVID-19. Am J Cardiol 2021; 142,(158-159.