1. Plastino F, Pesce NA, André H. MicroRNAs and the HIF/VEGF axis in ocular neovascular diseases. Acta Ophthalmol 2021; :aos.14845.
2. Yu G, Aaberg MT, Patel TP, Iyengar RS, Powell C, Tran A, Miranda C, Young E, Demetriou K, Devisetty L, et al. Quantification of Retinal Nonperfusion and Neovascularization with Ultrawidefield Fluorescein Angiography in Patients With Diabetes and Associated Characteristics of Advanced Disease. JAMA Ophthalmol 2020; 138:680.
3. Aouiss A, Anka Idrissi D, Kabine M, Zaid Y. Update of inflammatory proliferative retinopathy: Ischemia, hypoxia and angiogenesis. Current Research in Translational Medicine 2019; 67:62–71.
4. Esmaili DD, Boyer DS. Recent advances in understanding and managing retinal vein occlusions. F1000Res 2018; 7:467.
5. Kiss S, Malangone-Monaco E, Wilson K, Varker H, Stetsovsky D, Smith D, Garmo V. Real-World Injection Frequency and Cost of Ranibizumab and Aflibercept for the Treatment of Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration and Diabetic Macular Edema. JMCP 2020; 26:253–66.
6. Campochiaro PA, Akhlaq A. Sustained suppression of VEGF for treatment of retinal/choroidal vascular diseases. Progress in Retinal and Eye Research 2020; :100921.
7. Ngo Ntjam N, Thulliez M, Paintaud G, Salvo F, Angoulvant D, Pisella P-J, Bejan-Angoulvant T. Cardiovascular Adverse Events with Intravitreal Anti–Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Drugs: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. JAMA Ophthalmol [Internet] 2021 [cited 2021 Apr 30]; Available from: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaophthalmology/fullarticle/2778626
8. Sun M, Wadehra M, Casero D, Lin M-C, Aguirre B, Parikh S, Matynia A, Gordon L, Chu A. Epithelial Membrane Protein 2 (EMP2) Promotes VEGF-Induced Pathological Neovascularization in Murine Oxygen-Induced Retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2020; 61:3.
9. Telander DG, Yu AK, Forward KI, Morales SA, Morse LS, Park SS, Gordon LK. Epithelial Membrane Protein-2 in Human Proliferative Vitreoretinopathy and Epiretinal Membranes. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2016; 57:3112.
10. Sánchez-Luis E, Joaquín-García A, Campos-Laborie FJ, Sánchez-Guijo F, De las Rivas J. Deciphering Master Gene Regulators and Associated Networks of Human Mesenchymal Stromal Cells. Biomolecules 2020; 10:557.
11. Alvarez MJ, Shen Y, Giorgi FM, Lachmann A, Ding BB, Ye BH, Califano A. Functional characterization of somatic mutations in cancer using network-based inference of protein activity. Nat Genet 2016; 48:838–47.
12. Yu B, Chen L, Zhang W, Li Y, Zhang Y, Gao Y, Teng X, Zou L, Wang Q, Jia H, et al. TOP2A and CENPF are synergistic master regulators activated in cervical cancer. BMC Med Genomics 2020; 13:145.
13. Hwang S-G, Kim K-H, Lee B-M, Moon J-C. Transcriptome analysis for identifying possible gene regulations during maize root emergence and formation at the initial growth stage. Genes Genom 2018; 40:755–66.
14. Doostparast Torshizi A, Wang K. Deconvolution of Transcriptional Networks in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Uncovers Master Regulators Driving Innate Immune System Function. Sci Rep 2017; 7:14486.
15. Margolin AA, Nemenman I, Basso K, Wiggins C, Stolovitzky G, Favera RD, Califano A. ARACNE: An Algorithm for the Reconstruction of Gene Regulatory Networks in a Mammalian Cellular Context. BMC Bioinformatics 2006; 7:S7.
16. Zamora-Fuentes JM, Hernández-Lemus E, Espinal-Enríquez J. Gene Expression and Co-expression Networks Are Strongly Altered Through Stages in Clear Cell Renal Carcinoma. Front Genet 2020; 11:578679.
17. Caporarello N, D’Angeli F, Cambria MT, Candido S, Giallongo C, Salmeri M, Lombardo C, Longo A, Giurdanella G, Anfuso CD, et al. Pericytes in Microvessels: From “Mural” Function to Brain and Retina Regeneration. IJMS 2019; 20:6351.
18. Eyre JJ, Williams RL, Levis HJ. A human retinal microvascular endothelial-pericyte co-culture model to study diabetic retinopathy in vitro. Experimental Eye Research 2020; 201:108293.
19. Yang Y, Huang X, Ma G, Cui J, Matsubara JA, Kazlauskas A, Zhao J, Wang J, Lei H. PDGFRβ plays an essential role in patient vitreous-stimulated contraction of retinal pigment epithelial cells from epiretinal membranes. Experimental Eye Research 2020; 197:108116.
20. Ma J, Tang W, Gu R, Hu F, Zhang L, Wu J, Xu G. SHP-2-Induced Activation of c-Myc Is Involved in PDGF-B-Regulated Cell Proliferation and Angiogenesis in RMECs. Front Physiol 2020; 11:555006.
21. Krupenko NI, Sharma J, Pediaditakis P, Helke KL, Hall MS, Du X, Sumner S, Krupenko SA. Aldh1l2 knockout mouse metabolomics links the loss of the mitochondrial folate enzyme to deregulation of a lipid metabolism observed in rare human disorder. Hum Genomics 2020; 14:41.
22. Sarret C, Ashkavand Z, Paules E, Dorboz I, Pediaditakis P, Sumner S, Eymard-Pierre E, Francannet C, Krupenko NI, Boespflug-Tanguy O, et al. Deleterious mutations in ALDH1L2 suggest a novel cause for neuro-ichthyotic syndrome. npj Genom Med 2019; 4:17.
23. Dillard C, Kiyohara M, Mah V, McDermott SP, Bazzoun D, Tsui J, Chan AM, Haddad G, Pellegrini M, Chang Y-L, et al. EMP2 Is a Novel Regulator of Stemness in Breast Cancer Cells. Mol Cancer Ther 2020; 19:1682–95.
24. Ruggiero AD, Davis A, Sherrill C, Westwood B, Hawkins GA, Palmer ND, Chou JW, Reeves T, Cox LA, Kavanagh K. Skeletal muscle extracellular matrix remodeling with worsening glycemic control in nonhuman primates. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology 2021; 320: R226–35.
25. Li Y, Jiang S-H, Liu S, Wang Q. Role of lncRNA NEAT1 mediated by YY1 in the development of diabetic cataract via targeting the microRNA-205-3p/MMP16 axis. European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences 2020; 24:5863–70.
26. Li Y, Chen D, Sun L, Wu Y, Zou Y, Liang C, Bao Y, Yi J, Zhang Y, Hou J, et al. Induced Expression of VEGFC, ANGPT , and EFNB2 and Their Receptors Characterizes Neovascularization in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2019; 60:4084.
27. Liu Y, Dakou E, Meng Y, Leyns L. Loss of Emp2 compromises cardiogenic differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications 2019; 511:173–8.