Morley JE, Vellas B, van Kan GA, et al. Frailty consensus: a call to action. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013;14:392-397.
Fried LP, Tangen CM, Walston J, et al. Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2001;56:146-156.
Bandeen-Roche K, Seplaki CL, Huang J, et al. Frailty in older adults: a nationally representative profile in the United States. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2015;70:1427-1434.
Haider S, Grabovac I, Dorner TE. Effects of physical activity interventions in frail and prefrail community-dwelling people on frailty status, muscle strength, physical performance and muscle mass-a narrative review. Wien Klin Wochenschr. 2019;131:244-254.
Biritwum RB, Minicuci N, Yawson AE, et al. Prevalence of and factors associated with frailty and disability in older adults from China, Ghana, India, Mexico, Russia and South Africa. Maturitas. 2016;91:8-18.
Prince CS, Noren Hooten N, Mode NA, et al. Frailty in middle age is associated with frailty status and race-specific changes to the transcriptome. Aging (Albany NY). 2019;11:5518-5534.
Yuki A, Otsuka R, Tange C, et al. Polypharmacy is associated with frailty in Japanese community-dwelling older adults. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2018;18:1497-1500.
Horibe Y, Ueda T, Watanabe Y, et al. A 2-year longitudinal study of the relationship between masticatory function and progression to frailty or pre-frailty among community-dwelling Japanese aged 65 and older. J Oral Rehabil. 2018;45:864-870.
Reijnierse EM, Trappenburg MC, Blauw GJ, et al. Common ground? The concordance of sarcopenia and frailty definitions. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016;17:371.e377-312.
10. Soysal P, Veronese N, Thompson T, et al. Relationship between depression and frailty in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ageing Res Rev. 2017;36:78-87.
11. Wei K, Nyunt MS, Gao Q, et al. Association of frailty and malnutrition with long-term functional and mortality outcomes among community-dwelling older adults: results from the Singapore Longitudinal Aging Study 1. JAMA Netw Open. 2018;1:e180650.
12. Wei K, Nyunt MSZ, Gao Q, et al. Frailty and malnutrition: related and distinct syndrome prevalence and association among community-dwelling older adults: Singapore Longitudinal Ageing Studies. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2017;18:1019-1028.
13. Lan X, Li H, Wang Z, Chen Y. Frailty as a predictor of future falls in hospitalized patients: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Geriatr Nurs. 2020;41(2):69-74.
14. Vetrano DL, Palmer KM, Galluzzo L, et al. Hypertension and frailty: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ Open. 2018;8:e024406.
15. Palmer K, Vetrano DL, Marengoni A, et al. The Relationship between Anaemia and Frailty: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. J Nutr Health Aging. 2018;22(8):965-974.
16. Marengoni A, Vetrano DL, Manes-Gravina E, Bernabei R, Onder G, Palmer K. The Relationship Between COPD and Frailty: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. Chest. 2018;154(1):21-40.
17. Assar ME, Laosa O, Rodriguez Manas L. Diabetes and frailty. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2019;22:52-57.
18. Dou G, Wang Q, Ying X. Reducing the medical economic burden of health insurance in China: Achievements and challenges. Biosci Trends.2018;12(3):215-219.
19. Wang FS, Fan JG, Zhang Z, Gao B, Wang HY. The global burden of liver disease: the major impact of China. Hepatology. 2014;60(6):2099-2108.
20. Zhao D, Liu J, Wang M, Zhang X, Zhou M. Epidemiology of cardiovascular disease in China: current features and implications. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2019;16(4):203-212.
21. Zhang L, Wang F, Wang L, et al. Prevalence of chronic kidney disease in China: a cross-sectional survey. Lancet. 2012;379(9818):815-822.
22. Shi GP, Ma T, Zhu YS, et al. Frailty phenotype, frailty index and risk of mortality in Chinese elderly population- Rugao longevity and ageing study. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2019;80:115-119.
23. Li J, Vellas B, Dong B, et al. Frailty in China. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015;16:711-712.
24. Wu C, Smit E, Xue QL, et al. Prevalence and correlates of frailty among community-dwelling Chinese older adults: the China Health and Retirement Longitudinal Study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017;73:102-108.
25. Hanlon P, Nicholl BI, Jani BD, et al. Frailty and pre-frailty in middle-aged and older adults and its association with multimorbidity and mortality: a prospective analysis of 493 737 UK Biobank participants. The Lancet Public Health. 2018;3:e323-e332.
26. Lisheng L, Chinese Guidelines for the Management of Hypertension, Chinese Hypertension League, et al. 2018 Chinese guidelines for the management of hypertension. Chinese Journal of Cardiovascular Medicine. 2019;24:24-56.
27. Santos-Eggimann B, Cuenoud P, Spagnoli J, et al. Prevalence of frailty in middle-aged and older community-dwelling Europeans living in 10 countries. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009;64:675-681.
28. Griffin FR, Mode NA, Ejiogu N, et al. Frailty in a racially and socioeconomically diverse sample of middle-aged Americans in Baltimore. PLoS One. 2018;13:1-12.
29. Gill TM, Gahbauer EA, Allore HG, et al. Transitions between frailty states among community-living older persons. Arch Intern Med. 2006;166:418-423.
30. Kojima G, Iliffe S, Taniguchi Y, et al. Prevalence of frailty in Japan: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Epidemiol. 2017;27:347-353.
31. Buch A, Keinan-Boker L, Berner Y, et al. Estimated frailty prevalence among Israeli elderly - results from a cross sectional national survey. Isr J Health Policy Res. 2018;7:18.
32 He B, Ma Y, Wang C, et al. Prevalence and risk factors for frailty among community-dwelling older people in China: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Nutr Health Aging. 2019;23:442-450.
33. Kang MG, Kim SW, Yoon SJ, et al. Association between frailty and hypertension prevalence, treatment, and control in the elderly Korean population. Scientific reports. 2017;7:7542.
34. Veronese N, Cereda E, Stubbs B, et al. Risk of cardiovascular disease morbidity and mortality in frail and pre-frail older adults: Results from a meta-analysis and exploratory meta-regression analysis. Ageing Res Rev. 2017;35:63-73.
35. Anker D, Santos-Eggimann B, Zwahlen M, et al. Blood pressure in relation to frailty in older adults: A population-based study. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2019;21(12):1895-1904.
36. Muller M, Smulders YM, de Leeuw PW, Stehouwer CD. Treatmentof hypertension in the oldest old: a critical role for frailty?Hypertension. 2014;63(3):433–441.
37. Hart A, Paudel ML, Taylor BC, et al. Cystatin C and frailty in older men. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013;61(9):1530-1536.
38. Baxmann AC, Ahmed MS, Marques NC, et al. Influence of muscle mass and physical activity on serum and urinary creatinine and serum cystatin C. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;3(2):348-354.
39. Canney M, Sexton DJ, O'Connell MDL, Kenny RA, Little MA, O'Seaghdha CM. Kidney Function Estimated From Cystatin C, But Not Creatinine, Is Related to Objective Tests of Physical Performance in Community-Dwelling Older Adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017;72(11):1554-1560. doi:10.1093/gerona/glx039
40. Hart A, Blackwell TL, Paudel ML, et al. Cystatin C and the Risk of Frailty and Mortality in Older Men. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017;72(7):965-970.
41. Stevens LA, Schmid CH, Greene T, et al. Factors other than glomerular filtration rate affect serum cystatin C levels. Kidney Int. 2009;75(6):652-660.
42. Zhang Q, Guo H, Gu H, et al. Gender-associated factors for frailty and their impact on hospitalization and mortality among community-dwelling older adults: a cross-sectional population-based study. PeerJ. 2018;6:e4326.
43. Wang C, Xu J, Yang L, et al. Prevalence and risk factors of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in China (the China Pulmonary Health [CPH] study): a national cross-sectional study. The Lancet. 2018;391:1706-1717.
44. Liao Q, Zheng Z, Xiu S, et al. Waist circumference is a better predictor of risk for frailty than BMI in the community-dwelling elderly in Beijing. Aging Clin Exp Res. 2018;30:1319-1325.
45. Rolland Y, Abellan van Kan G, Gillette-Guyonnet S, et al. Cachexia versus sarcopenia. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2011;14:15-21.
46. Marengoni A, Vetrano DL, Manes-Gravina E, et al. The relationship between COPD and frailty: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Chest. 2018;154:21-40.
47. Trevisan C, Rizzuto D, Maggi S, Sergi G, Welmer AK, Vetrano DL. Cross-Sectional and Longitudinal Associations between Peak Expiratory Flow and Frailty in Older Adults. J Clin Med. 2019;8(11):1901.
48. Yanase T, Yanagita I, Muta K, et al. Frailty in elderly diabetes patients. Endocr J. 2018;65:1-11.