1. Esteves SC, Humaidan P, Roque M, Agarwal A. Female infertility and assisted reproductive technology. Panminerva Med. 2019;61:1-2.
2. Liu J, Zhang X, Yang Y, Zhao J, Hao D, Zhang J, Liu Y, Wu W, Wang X. Long-time vs. short-time insemination of sibling eggs. Exp Ther Med. 2016;12:3756-60.
3. M OJ. Melatonin and Female Reproduction: An Expanding Universe. Front Endocrinol. 2020;11:85.
4. Wang F, Tian X, Zhang L, Gao C, He C, Fu Y, Ji P, Li Y, Li N, Liu G. Beneficial effects of melatonin on in vitro bovine embryonic development are mediated by melatonin receptor 1. J Pineal Res. 2014;56:333-42.
5. Manchester LC, Coto-Montes A, Boga JA, Andersen LPH, Zhou Z, Galano A, Vriend J, Tan D, Reiter RJ. Melatonin: an ancient molecule that makes oxygen metabolically tolerable. J Pineal Res. 2015;59:403-19.
6. An Q, Peng W, Cheng Y, Lu Z, Zhou C, Zhang Y, Su J. Melatonin supplementation during in vitro maturation of oocyte enhances subsequent development of bovine cloned embryos. J Cell Physiol. 2019;234:17370-81.
7. Barros VRP, Monte APO, Santos JMS, Lins TLBG, Cavalcante AYP, Gouveia BB, Müller MC, Oliveira Junior JL, Barberino RS, Donfack NJ, Araújo VR, Matos MHT. Effects of melatonin on the in vitro growth of early antral follicles and maturation of ovine oocytes. Domest Anim Endocrin. 2020;71:106386.
8. Lin T, Lee JE, Kang JW, Oqani RK, Cho ES, Kim SB, Il Jin D. Melatonin supplementation during prolonged in vitro maturation improves the quality and development of poor-quality porcine oocytes via anti-oxidative and anti-apoptotic effects. Mol Reprod Dev. 2018;85:665-81.
9. Li X, Mu Y, Elshewy N, Ding D, Zou H, Chen B, Chen C, Wei Z, Cao Y, Zhou P, Zhang Z. Comparison of IVF and IVM outcomes in the same patient treated with a modified IVM protocol along with an oocytes-maturing system containing melatonin: A pilot study. Life Sci. 2021;264:118706.
10. Zou H, Chen B, Ding D, Gao M, Chen D, Liu Y, Hao Y, Zou W, Ji D, Zhou P, Wei Z, Cao Y, Zhang Z. Melatonin promotes the development of immature oocytes from the COH cycle into healthy offspring by protecting mitochondrial function. J Pineal Res. 2019;68(1):e12621.
11. Sacha CR, Kaser DJ, Farland LV, Srouji S, Missmer SA, Racowsky C. The effect of short-term exposure of cumulus-oocyte complexes to in vitro maturation medium on yield of mature oocytes and usable embryos in stimulated cycles. J Assist Reprod Gen. 2018;35:841-9.
12. Ding D, Wang Q, Li X, Chen B, Zou W, Ji D, Hao Y, Xue R, Zou H, Wei Z, Zhou P, Cao Y, Zhang Z. Effects of different polyvinylpyrrolidone concentrations on intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Zygote. 2020;28:148-53.
13. Tomás C, Orava M, Tuomivaara L, Martikainen H. Low pregnancy rate is achieved in patients treated with intracytoplasmic sperm injection due to previous low or failed fertilization in in-vitro fertilization. Human reproduction (Oxford). 1998;13:65-70.
14. Gardner DK, Schoolcraft WB. Culture and transfer of human blastocysts. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 1999;11:307-11.
15. Maria G. R. S. Camargos JKRV, Monique E. G. Nunes AFCF. Human oocyte morphometry before and after cryopreservation: A prospective cohort study. Cryobiology. 2019;88:81-6.
16. Tarahomi M, Vaz FM, Straalen JPV, Schrauwen FAP, Wely MV, Hamer G, Repping S, Mastenbroek S. The composition of human preimplantation embryo culture media and their stability during storage and culture. Hum Reprod. 2019;34:1450-61.
17. Brom-De-Luna JG, Salgado RM, Canesin HS, Diaw M, Hinrichs K. Equine blastocyst production under different incubation temperatures and different CO2 concentrations during early cleavage. Reproduction, Fertility and Development. 2019;31:1823-9.
18. Imesch P, Scheiner D, Xie M, Fink D, Macas E, Dubey R, Imthurn B. Developmental potential of human oocytes matured in vitro followed by vitrification and activation. J Ovarian Res. 2013;6:30.
19. Lu X, Liu Y, Cao X, Liu S, Dong X. Laser-assisted hatching and clinical outcomes in frozen-thawed cleavage-embryo transfers of patients with previous repeated failure. Laser Med Sci. 2019;34:1137-45.
20. Ribas-Maynou J, Benet J. Single and Double Strand Sperm DNA Damage: Different Reproductive Effects on Male Fertility. Genes-Basel. 2019;10:105.
21. Keefe D, Kumar M, Kalmbach K. Oocyte competency is the key to embryo potential. Fertil Steril. 2015;103:317-22.
22. Miyara F. Multiparameter analysis of human oocytes at metaphase II stage after IVF failure in non-male infertility. Hum Reprod. 2003;18:1494-503.
23. Li C, Hao H, Zhao Y, Zhang P, Wang H, Pang Y, Du W, Zhao S, Liu Y, Huang J, Wang J, Ruan W, Hao T, Reiter RJ, Zhu H, Zhao X. Melatonin Improves the Fertilization Capacity of Sex-Sorted Bull Sperm by Inhibiting Apoptosis and Increasing Fertilization Capacitation via MT1. Int J Mol Sci. 2019;20:3921.
24. Lord T, Nixon B, Jones KT, Aitken RJ. Melatonin Prevents Postovulatory Oocyte Aging in the Mouse and Extends the Window for Optimal Fertilization In Vitro1. Biol Reprod. 2013;88:67.
25. Kang JT, Koo OJ, Kwon DK, Park HJ, Jang G, Kang SK, Lee BC. Effects of melatonin on in vitro maturation of porcine oocyte and expression of melatonin receptor RNA in cumulus and granulosa cells. J Pineal Res. 2009;46:22-8.
26. Barros VRP, Monte APO, Santos JMS, Lins TLBG, Cavalcante AYP, Gouveia BB, Müller MC, Oliveira JL, Donfack NJ, Araújo VR, Matos MHT. Melatonin improves development, mitochondrial function and promotes the meiotic resumption of sheep oocytes from in vitro grown secondary follicles. Theriogenology. 2020;144:67-73.
27. Zhao X, Hao H, Du W, Zhao S, Wang H, Wang N, Wang D, Liu Y, Qin T, Zhu H. Melatonin inhibits apoptosis and improves the developmental potential of vitrified bovine oocytes. J Pineal Res. 2016;60:132-41.
28. Nakano M, Kato Y, Tsunoda Y. Effect of melatonin treatment on the developmental potential of parthenogenetic and somatic cell nuclear-transferred porcine oocytesin vitro. Zygote. 2012;20:199-207.