1. Adams TD, Gress RE, Smith SC, Halverson RC, Simper SC, Rosamond WD, LaMonte MJ, Stroup AM, Hunt SC. Long-term mortality after gastric bypass surgery. New England journal of medicine. 2007;357(8):753-61.
2. Buchwald H. Bariatric surgery for morbid obesity: health implications for patients, health professionals, and third-party payers. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2005;200(4):593-604.
3. Angrisani L, Santonicola A, Iovino P, Formisano G, Buchwald H, Scopinaro N. Bariatric surgery worldwide 2013. Obesity surgery. 2015;25(10):1822-32.
4. Chang SH, Stoll CR, Song J, Varela JE, Eagon CJ, Colditz GA. The effectiveness and risks of bariatric surgery: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis, 2003-2012. JAMA surgery. 2014;149(3):275-87.
5. Schlottmann F, Nayyar A, Herbella FA, Patti MG. Preoperative evaluation in bariatric surgery. Journal of Laparoendoscopic & Advanced Surgical Techniques. 2018;28(8):925-9.
6. McGlinch BP, Que FG, Nelson JL, Wrobleski DM, Grant JE, Collazo-Clavell ML. Perioperative care of patients undergoing bariatric surgery. Mayo Clinic Proceedings; 2006;81(10): 25-33.
7. Brolin RE. Update: NIH consensus conference. Gastrointestinal surgery for severe obesity. Nutrition (Burbank, Los Angeles County, Calif). 1996;12(6):403-4.
8. Centre for Public Health Excellence at NICE (UK, National Collaborating Centre for Primary Care (UK. Obesity: the prevention, identification, assessment and management of overweight and obesity in adults and children.2006.
9. SAGES Guidelines Committee. SAGES guideline for clinical application of laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Surgery for obesity and related diseases: official journal of the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. 2009;5(3):387.
10. Sauerland S, Angrisani L, Belachew M, Chevallier J, Favretti F, Finer N, et al. Obesity surgery: evidence-based guidelines of the European Association for Endoscopic Surgery (EAES). Surgical endoscopy and other interventional techniques. 2005;19(2):200-21.
11. Neff KJ, Olbers T, Le Roux C. Bariatric surgery: the challenges with candidate selection, individualizing treatment and clinical outcomes. BMC medicine. 2013;11(1):8.
12. Catheline JM, Bihan H, Le Quang T, Sadoun D, Charniot J-C, Onnen I, Fournier JL, Bénichou J, Cohen R. Preoperative cardiac and pulmonary assessment in bariatric surgery. Obesity surgery. 2008;18(3):271-7.
13. Mechanick JI, Youdim A, Jones DB, Garvey WT, Hurley DL, McMahon MM, et al. Clinical practice guidelines for the perioperative nutritional, metabolic, and nonsurgical support of the bariatric surgery patient—2013 update: cosponsored by American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the Obesity Society, and American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery. Obesity. 2013;21(S1):S1-S27.
14. Saltzman E, Anderson W, Apovian CM, Boulton H, Chamberlain A, Cullum‐Dugan D, et al. Criteria for patient selection and multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment of the weight loss surgery patient. Obesity research. 2005;13(2):234-43.
15. Courcoulas AP, Flum DR. Filling the gaps in bariatric surgical research. JAMA. 2005;294(15):1957-60.
16. Ezri T, Gewürtz G, Sessler D, Medalion B, Szmuk P, Hagberg C, Susmallian S. Prediction of difficult laryngoscopy in obese patients by ultrasound quantification of anterior neck soft tissue. Anaesthesia. 2003;58(11):1111-4.
17. Kaw R, Aboussouan L, Auckley D, Bae C, Gugliotti D, Grant P, Jaber W, Schauer P, Sessler D. Challenges in pulmonary risk assessment and perioperative management in bariatric surgery patients. Obesity surgery. 2008;18(1):134-8.
18. Ravesloot M, Van Maanen J, Hilgevoord A, Van Wagensveld B, De Vries N. Obstructive sleep apnea is underrecognized and underdiagnosed in patients undergoing bariatric surgery. European Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology. 2012;269(7):1865-71.
19. Wauben L, Van Veelen M, Gossot D, Goossens R. Application of ergonomic guidelines during minimally invasive surgery: a questionnaire survey of 284 surgeons. Surgical Endoscopy And Other Interventional Techniques. 2006;20(8):1268-74.
20. Agha R, Abdall-Razak A, Crossley E, Dowlut N, Iosifidis C, Mathew G, et al. STROCSS 2019 Guideline: Strengthening the reporting of cohort studies in surgery. International Journal of Surgery. 2019;72:156-65.
21. Heale R, Twycross A. Validity and reliability in quantitative studies. Evidence-based nursing. 2015;18(3):66-7.
22. Polit DF, Beck CT. The content validity index: are you sure you know what's being reported? Critique and recommendations. Research in nursing & health. 2006;29(5):489-97.
23. Lawshe CH. A quantitative approach to content validity 1. Personnel psychology. 1975;28(4):563-75.