1. Vital Statistics of Japan, vol. 1 [website]. Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; 2016 [updated ; Mar 2015 cited 31 Dec 2014] (in Japanese). Available from: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/database/db-hw/vs01.html
2.RS Spicer, TR Miller. Suicide acts in 8 states: incidence and case fatality rates by demographics and method.Am. J. Public. Health. 2000; 90:1885–91.
3. Hawton K, Zahl D, Weatherall R. Suicide following deliberate self-harm: long-term follow-up of patients who presented to a general hospital. Br. J. Psychiatry. 2003; 182: 537–42.
4. Ando S, Matsumoto T, Kanata, et al. One-year follow up after admission to an emergency department for drug overdose in Japan. Psychiatry. Clin. Neurosci. 2013; 67: 441–50.
5. Crendall C, Fullerton-Gleason L, Aguero R, LaValley J. Subsequent Suicide Mortality among Emergency Department Patients Seen for Suicidal Behavior. Acad. Emerg. Med. 2006; 13: 435–42.
6. Yasuda M., Kobayashi T. Suicide attempts by drug overdose at Jichi Medical University Hospital emergency centre: A study of patient characteristics and quantity of drug overdose. Asian. J. Psychiatr. 2019; 41: 34–7.
7. Ito A, Okubo Y. Features and issues related to substance dependence of inpatients involved in suicide attempts and self-harm from the standpoint of the re-suicide prevention. Jpn. J. Gen. Hosp. Psychiatry. 2011; 23: 268–76.
8. Shimane T. The Pharmacist as gatekeeper: combating medication abuse and dependence. YAKUGAKU ZASSHI. 2013; 133: 617–30.
9. Finkelstein Y, Macdonald EM, Hollands S, et al. Canadian Drug Safety and Effectiveness Research Network (CDSERN). Clin. Toxicol (Phila). 2016; 54: 585–9.
10. Patterson WM, Down HH, Bird J, Patterson GA. Evaluation of suicidal patients: the SAD PERSONS scale. Psychosomatics. 1983; 24: 343–9.
11. Warden S, Spiwak R, Sareen J, Bolton JM. The SAD PERSONS scale for suicide risk assessment: a systematic review. Arch. Suicide. Res. 2014; 18: 313–26.
12. Brent DA, Baugher M, Bridge J, Chen T, Chiappetta L. Age- and sex-relatedrisk factors for adolescentsuicide. J. Am. Acad. Child. Adolesc. Psychiatry. 1999; 38: 1497–505.
13. Tiihonen J, Lönnqvist J, Wahlbeck K, Klaukka T, Tanskanen A, Haukka J. Antidepressants and the risk ofsuicide, attempted suicide, and overall mortalityin anationwide cohort. Arch. Gen. Psychiatry. 2006; 63: 1358–67.
14. Irigoyen M, Porras-Segovia A, Galván L, Puigdevall M, Giner L, De Leon S, Baca-García E.Predictors of re-attempt in a cohort of suicideattempters: A survivalanalysis. J. Affect. Disord. 2019; 247: 20–8.
15. Hakansson A, Bradvik L, Schlyter F, Berglund M. Factors associated with the history of attempted suicide. Crisis. 2010; 31: 12–21.
16. Zouk H, Tousignant M, Seguin M, Lesage A, Turecki G. Characterization of impulsivity in suicide completers: ckinical, behavioral and psychosociaidimensions. J. Affect. Disord. 2006; 92: 195–204.
17. Fujino Y, Mizoue T, Tokui N, Yoshimura T. Prospective cohort study of stress, life satisfaction, self-rated health, insomnia, and suicide death in Japan. Suicide. Life. Threat. Behav. 2005; 35: 227–37.
18. World Health Organization. The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioral Disorders; Clinical and Diagnostic Guidelines. World Health Organization: Geneva, 1992
19. Kanda Y. Investigation of the freely available easy-to-use software 'EZR' for medical statistics. Bone. Marrow. Transplant. 2013; 48: 452–8.
20. Ozaki Y, Nakata Y, Kameoka M. Clinical analysis of 104 cases of overdose in suicide attempts. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2007; 20: 367–74.
21. Okumura Y, Nishi D. Risk of recurrent overdose associated with prescribing patterns of psychotropic medications after nonfatal overdose. Neuropsychiatr. Dis. Treat. 2017; 13: 653–65.
22. Kanehara A, Yamana H, Yasunaga H, Matsui H. Psychiatric intervention and repeated admission to emergency centres due to drug overdose. Br. J. Psychiatry. Open. 2015; 1: 158–63.
23. Isometsä ET, Lönnqvist JK.Suicide attempts preceding completed suicide. Br. J. Psychiatry. 1998; 173: 531-5.
24. Fawcett J. Treating impulsivity and anxiety in the suicidal patient. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2001; 932: 94-102.
25. Breggin PR. Suicidality, violence and mania caused by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). A review and analysis.Int. J. Risk. Saf. Med. 2001; 16: 31–49.
26. Takai M, Kamijo Y, Ide A. Clinical and psychosocial factors associated with deliberate self-poisoning using psychotropic medications at the emergency medical center. J. Jpn. Soc. Emerg. Med. 2015; 18: 22–9.
27. Royal College of Psychiatrists. Self-Harm, Suicide and Risk: Helping People Who Self-Harm. London: Author, 2010.
28. Ookura R, Mino K, Ogata M. Clinical characteristics of patients with psychotropic drug overdose admitted to the emergency department. Nihon. Kyukyu. Igakukai. Zasshi. 2008; 19: 901–13.