1. WHO. Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) press briefings Press briefings. Available from: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/media-resources/press-briefings Accessed on 29 May 2021. 2020.
2. WHO. Modes of transmission of virus causing COVID-19: implications for IPC precaution recommendations. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations. 2020.
3. Akram MZ. Inanimate surfaces as potential source of 2019-nCoV spread and their disinfection with biocidal agents. Virusdisease. 2020;31(2):94-6.
4. Fiorillo L, Cervino G, Matarese M, D'Amico C, Surace G, Paduano V, et al. COVID-19 Surface Persistence: A Recent Data Summary and Its Importance for Medical and Dental Settings. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2020;17(9).
5. Kothekar AT, Kulkarni AP. Basic Principles of Disinfection and Sterilization in Intensive Care and Anesthesia and Their Applications during COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Crit Care Med. 2020;24(11):1114-24.
6. Otter J, Galletly T. Environmental decontamination 1: what is it and why is it important. Nursing Times. 2018;114(7):32-4.
7. Matlow AG, Wray R, Richardson SE. Attitudes and beliefs, not just knowledge, influence the effectiveness of environmental cleaning by environmental service workers. American journal of infection control. 2012;40(3):260-2.
8. WHO. Cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces in the context of COVID-19: interim guidance, 15 May 2020 (No. WHO/2019-nCoV/Disinfection/2020.1). Accessed on 29 May 2021. 2020.
9. Abou-Abbas L, Nasser Z, Fares Y, Chahrour M, El Haidari R, Atoui R. Knowledge and practice of physicians during COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-sectional study in Lebanon. BMC public health. 2020;20(1):1474.
10. Nasser Z, Fares Y, Daoud R, Abou-Abbas L. Assessment of knowledge and practice of dentists towards Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): a cross-sectional survey from Lebanon. BMC oral health. 2020;20(1):281.
11. Zeenny RM, Ramia E, Akiki Y, Hallit S, Salameh P. Assessing knowledge, attitude, practice, and preparedness of hospital pharmacists in Lebanon towards COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-sectional study. Journal of pharmaceutical policy and practice. 2020;13:54.
12. Saadeh D, Sacre H, Hallit S, Farah R, Salameh P. Knowledge, attitudes, and practices toward the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) among nurses in Lebanon. Perspectives in psychiatric care. 2020.
13. Adhikari SP, Meng S, Wu YJ, Mao YP, Ye RX, Wang QZ, et al. Epidemiology, causes, clinical manifestation and diagnosis, prevention and control of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) during the early outbreak period: a scoping review. Infectious diseases of poverty. 2020;9(1):29.
14. WHO. Infection prevention and control during health care when COVID-19 is suspected: interim guidance, 19 March 2020 (No. WHO/2019-nCoV/IPC/2020.3). Accessed on 29 May 2021. 2020.
15. Glanz K, Rimer BK, Viswanath K. Health behavior and health education: theory, research, and practice: John Wiley & Sons; 2008.
16. CDC. Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility.html. 2021.
17. Beaton DE, Bombardier C, Guillemin F, Ferraz MB. Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures. Spine. 2000;25(24):3186-91.
18. Kasa AS, Temesgen WA, Workineh Y, Tesfaye TD, Kerie S, Amsalu E, et al. Knowledge towards standard precautions among healthcare providers of hospitals in Amhara region, Ethiopia, 2017: a cross sectional study. Archives of public health = Archives belges de sante publique. 2020;78(1):127.
19. Tenna A, Stenehjem EA, Margoles L, Kacha E, Blumberg HM, Kempker RR. Infection control knowledge, attitudes, and practices among healthcare workers in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Infection control and hospital epidemiology. 2013;34(12):1289-96.
20. Ayed A. Knowledge and practice of nursing staff towards infection control measures in the Palestinian hospitals. 2015.
21. Sarani H, Balouchi A, Masinaeinezhad N, Ebrahimitabas E. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of Nurses about Standard Precautions for Hospital-Acquired Infection in Teaching Hospitals Affiliated to Zabol University of Medical Sciences (2014). Global journal of health science. 2015;8(3):193-8.
22. Jones DL, Baluja MQ, Graham DW, Corbishley A, McDonald JE, Malham SK, et al. Shedding of SARS-CoV-2 in feces and urine and its potential role in person-to-person transmission and the environment-based spread of COVID-19. The Science of the total environment. 2020;749:141364.
23. Bhagavathula AS, Aldhaleei WA, Rahmani J, Mahabadi MA, Bandari DK. Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) knowledge and perceptions: a survey on healthcare workers. MedRxiv. 2020.
24. Bernstein DA, Salsgiver E, Simon MS, Greendyke W, Eiras DP, Ito M, et al. Understanding Barriers to Optimal Cleaning and Disinfection in Hospitals: A Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices Survey of Environmental Services Workers. Infection control and hospital epidemiology. 2016;37(12):1492-5.
25. Russell D, Dowding DW, McDonald MV, Adams V, Rosati RJ, Larson EL, et al. Factors for compliance with infection control practices in home healthcare: findings from a survey of nurses' knowledge and attitudes toward infection control. American journal of infection control. 2018;46(11):1211-7.
26. Geberemariyam BS, Donka GM, Wordofa B. Assessment of knowledge and practices of healthcare workers towards infection prevention and associated factors in healthcare facilities of West Arsi District, Southeast Ethiopia: a facility-based cross-sectional study. Archives of public health = Archives belges de sante publique. 2018;76:69.
27. Allington D, Duffy B, Wessely S, Dhavan N, Rubin J. Health-protective behaviour, social media usage and conspiracy belief during the COVID-19 public health emergency. Psychological medicine. 2020:1-7.
28. Chon MG, Park H. Predicting Public Support for Government Actions in a Public Health Crisis: Testing Fear, Organization-Public Relationship, and Behavioral Intention in the Framework of the Situational Theory of Problem Solving. Health communication. 2021;36(4):476-86.
29. Teshager FA, Engeda EH, Worku WZ. Knowledge, Practice, and Associated Factors towards Prevention of Surgical Site Infection among Nurses Working in Amhara Regional State Referral Hospitals, Northwest Ethiopia. Surgery research and practice. 2015;2015:736175.
30. Mukwato K, Ngoma C, Maimbolwa M. Compliance With Infection Prevention Guidelines By Health Care Workers at Ronald Ross General Hospital Mufulira District. Medical journal of Zambia. 2009;35:110-6.
31. CDC. Infection Prevention and Control Assessment Tool for Acute Care Hospitals. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/icar/hospital.pdf. Accessed on 29 May 2021. . 2016.
32. Desta M, Ayenew T, Sitotaw N, Tegegne N, Dires M, Getie M. Knowledge, practice and associated factors of infection prevention among healthcare workers in Debre Markos referral hospital, Northwest Ethiopia. BMC health services research. 2018;18(1):465.
33. Hossain MA, Rashid MUB, Khan MAS, Sayeed S, Kader MA, Hawlader MDH. Healthcare Workers' Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice Regarding Personal Protective Equipment for the Prevention of COVID-19. Journal of multidisciplinary healthcare. 2021;14:229-38.
34. Delgado Naranjo J, Villate Navarro JI, Sota Busselo M, Martínez Ruíz A, Hernández Hernández JM, Torres Garmendia MP, et al. Control of a Clonal Outbreak of Multidrug-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii in a Hospital of the Basque Country after the Introduction of Environmental Cleaning Led by the Systematic Sampling from Environmental Objects. Interdisciplinary perspectives on infectious diseases. 2013;2013:582831.