1. Wang H, Abbas KM, Abbasifard M, Abbasi-Kangevari M, Abbastabar H, Abd-Allah F, et al. Global age-sex-specific fertility, mortality, healthy life expectancy (HALE), and population estimates in 204 countries and territories, 1950–2019: a comprehensive demographic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019. The Lancet. 2020;396:1160–203.
2. United Nations Population Fund. #GirlsNotMoms: Eliminating Teenage Pregnancy in the Philippines [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2021 Mar 22]. Available from: https://philippines.unfpa.org/sites/default/files/pub-pdf/UNFPA_Policy_Brief_Teenage_Pregnancy_%282020-01-24%29.pdf
3. Frank TD, Carter A, Jahagirdar D, Biehl MH, Douwes-Schultz D, Larson SL, et al. Global, regional, and national incidence, prevalence, and mortality of HIV, 1980–2017, and forecasts to 2030, for 195 countries and territories: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Diseases, Injuries, and Risk Factors Study 2017. Lancet HIV. 2019;6:e831–59.
4. United Nations Population Fund, World Health Organization, Joint United Nations Program on HIV/AIDS. UNFPA, WHO and UNAIDS: Position statement on condoms and the prevention of HIV, other sexually transmitted infections and unintended pregnancy [Internet]. WHO. World Health Organization; 2015 [cited 2021 Mar 22]. Available from: https://www.who.int/hiv/mediacentre/news/condoms-joint-positionpaper/en/
5. Ajayi AI, Ismail KO, Akpan W. Factors associated with consistent condom use: a cross-sectional survey of two Nigerian universities. BMC Public Health. 2019;19:1207.
6. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA), ICF. Philippine National Demographic and Health Survey 2017 [Internet]. PSA and ICF; 2018. Available from: https://psa.gov.ph/sites/default/files/PHILIPPINE%20NATIONAL%20DEMOGRAPHIC%20AND%20HEALTH%20SURVEY%202017_new.pdf
7. De Torres RQ. Facilitators and barriers to condom use among Filipinos: A systematic review of literature. Health Promot Perspect. 2020;10:306–15.
8. Gangcuangco LMA, Tan ML, Berba RP. Prevalence and risk factors for HIV infection among men having sex with men in Metro Manila, Philippines. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 2013;44:810–7.
9. Liu TI, So R. Knowledge, attitude, and preventive practice survey regarding AIDS comparing registered to freelance commercial sex workers in Iloilo City, Philippines. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health. 1996;27:696–702.
10. Lucea MB, Hindin MJ, Gultiano S, Kub J, Rose L. The context of condom use among young adults in the Philippines: Implications for HIV prevention. Health Care Women Int. 2013;34:227–48.
11. Restar AJ, Adia A, Nazareno J, Hernandez L, Sandfort T, Lurie M, et al. Barriers and Facilitators to Uptake of Condoms among Filipinx Transgender Women and Cisgender Men who have sex with Men: A Situated Socio-Ecological Perspective. Glob Public Health. 2020;15:520–31.
12. Regan R, Morisky DE. Perceptions about HIV and condoms and consistent condom use among male clients of commercial sex workers in the Philippines. Health Educ Behav Off Publ Soc Public Health Educ. 2013;40:216–22.
13. Chiao C, Morisky DE, Ksobiech K, Malow RM. Promoting HIV Testing and Condom Use Among Filipina Commercial Sex Workers: Findings from a Quasi-Experimental Intervention Study. AIDS Behav. 2009;13:892–901.
14. Urada LA, Morisky DE, Hernandez LI, Strathdee SA. Social and Structural Factors Associated with Consistent Condom Use Among Female Entertainment Workers Trading Sex in the Philippines. AIDS Behav. 2013;17:523–35.
15. Amadora-Nolasco F, Alburo RE, Aguilar EJT, Trevathan WR. Knowledge, Perception of Risk for HIV, and Condom Use: A Comparison of Registered and Freelance Female Sex Workers in Cebu City, Philippines. AIDS Behav. 2001;5:319–30.
16. Morisky DE, Tiglao TV, Sneed CD, Tempongko SB, Baltazar JC, Detels R, et al. The effects of establishment practices, knowledge and attitudes on condom use among Filipina sex workers. AIDS Care. 1998;10:213–20.
17. Morisky DE, Peña M, Tiglao TV, Liu KY. The impact of the work environment on condom use among female bar workers in the Philippines. Health Educ Behav Off Publ Soc Public Health Educ. 2002;29:461–72.
18. Aplasca MR, Siegel D, Mandel JS, Santana-Arciaga RT, Paul J, Hudes ES, et al. Results of a model AIDS prevention program for high school students in the Philippines. AIDS Lond Engl. 1995;9 Suppl 1:S7-13.
19. Regan R, Dyer TP, Gooding T, Morisky DE. Associations between drug use and sexual risks among heterosexual men in the Philippines. Int J STD AIDS. 2013;24:969–76.
20. Amit JML, Jimenez SJA, Magno CJCO, Andaya ARY, Saniel OP. Knowledge, Attitudes, Sexual Behaviors and Utilization of Health Services among Filipino Men who have Sex with Men (MSM). Acta Med Philipp [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2021 Mar 22];49. Available from: https://actamedicaphilippina.upm.edu.ph/index.php/acta/article/view/940
21. Urada LA, Morisky DE, Pimentel-Simbulan N, Silverman JG, Strathdee SA. Condom Negotiations among Female Sex Workers in the Philippines: Environmental Influences. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2012 [cited 2021 Mar 22];7. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3308968/
22. Guevara N, Pineda M, Dorotan M, Ghimire K, Co M, Guzman A, et al. Cross-sectional survey on the knowledge, attitude and practice of male Filipino seafarers on sexual health. Int Marit Health. 2010;62:224–32.
23. Morisky DE, Stein JA, Chiao C, Ksobiech K, Malow R. Impact of a Social Influence Intervention on Condom Use and Sexually Transmitted Infections Among Establishment-Based Female Sex Workers in the Philippines: A Multilevel Analysis. Health Psychol Off J Div Health Psychol Am Psychol Assoc. 2006;25:595–603.
24. Morisky DE, Malow RM, Tiglao TV, Lyu S-Y, Vissman AT, Rhodes SD. Reducing sexual risk among Filipina female bar workers: Effects of a CBPR-developed structural and network intervention. AIDS Educ Prev Off Publ Int Soc AIDS Educ. 2010;22:371–85.
25. Morisky DE, Stein JA, Sneed CD, Tiglao TV, Liu K, Detels R, et al. Modeling Personal and Situational Influences on Condom Use Among Establishment-Based Commercial Sex Workers in the Philippines. AIDS Behav. 2002;6:163–72.
26. Nishimura-Takahashi T, Akabayashi A, Kai I, Cabigon J, Ohi G, Naka K. Social and behavioral factors associated with condom use among female commercial sex workers (CSWs) in tarlac, the Philippines. Environ Health Prev Med. 1998;2:167–71.
27. Morisky DE, Ang A, Coly A, Tiglao TV. A model HIV/AIDS risk reduction programme in the Philippines: a comprehensive community-based approach through participatory action research. Health Promot Int. 2004;19:69–76.
28. Morisky DE, Nguyen C, Ang A, Tiglao TV. HIV/AIDS Prevention Among the Male Population: Results of a Peer Education Program for Taxicab and Tricycle Drivers in the Philippines. Health Educ Behav Off Publ Soc Public Health Educ. 2005;32:57–68.
29. Morisky DE, Tiglao TV. Educational and Structural Interventions and Their Impact on Condom Use and STI/HIV Prevention for Filipina Women and Male Customers. Asia-Pac J Public Health Asia-Pac Acad Consort Public Health. 2010;22:151S-158S.
30. Republic Act No. 10354 [Internet]. Off. Gaz. Repub. Philipp. 2012 [cited 2021 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/2012/12/21/republic-act-no-10354/
31. Executive Order No. 12, s. 2017 [Internet]. Off. Gaz. Repub. Philipp. 2017 [cited 2021 Mar 21]. Available from: https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/2017/01/09/executive-order-no-12-s-2017/
32. Chen B, Chen J, Shao Y, Hu D, Ding X, Wen Y. Need for Intervention Services for Promotion of Condom Use by Female Sex Workers to Consider Size of Entertainment Venues: A Cross-Sectional Study. Med Sci Monit Basic Res. 2019;25:1–7.
33. Liu Z, Wei P, Huang M, Liu Y bao, Li L, Gong X, et al. Determinants of Consistent Condom Use among College Students in China: Application of the Information-Motivation-Behavior Skills (IMB) Model. PLOS ONE. Public Library of Science; 2014;9:e108976.
34. Ye X, Shang M, Shen T, Pei B, Jiang X, Cai Y. Social, psychological, and environmental-structural factors determine consistent condom use among rural-to-urban migrant female sex workers in Shanghai China. BMC Public Health. 2012;12:599.
35. Ali MS, Tesfaye Tegegne E, Kassa Tesemma M, Tesfaye Tegegne K. Consistent Condom Use and Associated Factors among HIV-Positive Clients on Antiretroviral Therapy in North West Ethiopian Health Center, 2016 GC. AIDS Res Treat. Hindawi; 2019;2019:e7134908.
36. Yoshioka E, Palatino M, Nazareno J, Operario D. Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Agency in a Nationally Representative Sample of Women and Girls in the Philippines. J Interpers Violence. SAGE Publications Inc; 2020;0886260520976208.
37. StataCorp. Stata 14.0 IC. College Station, TX: StataCorp; 2015.
38. Rothman KJ. No adjustments are needed for multiple comparisons. Epidemiol Camb Mass. 1990;1:43–6.
39. Cense M. Rethinking sexual agency: proposing a multicomponent model based on young people’s life stories. Sex Educ. Routledge; 2019;19:247–62.
40. Delgado-Infante ML, Ofreneo MAP. Maintaining a “good girl” position: Young Filipina women constructing sexual agency in first sex within Catholicism. Fem Psychol. 2014;24:390–407.
41. Cabral E. Reproductive Health Law in the Philippines. J ASEAN Fed Endocr Soc. 2013;28:26–26.
42. Bay-Cheng LY. Agency Is Everywhere, but Agency Is Not Enough: A Conceptual Analysis of Young Women’s Sexual Agency. J Sex Res. Taylor & Francis; 2019;56:462–74.
43. Ajayi AI, Adeniyi OV, Akpan W. Use of traditional and modern contraceptives among childbearing women: findings from a mixed methods study in two southwestern Nigerian states. BMC Public Health. 2018;18:604.
44. Higgins JA, Hirsch JS. Pleasure, Power, and Inequality: Incorporating Sexuality Into Research on Contraceptive Use. Am J Public Health. 2008;98:1803–13.
45. Widman L, Golin CE, Noar SM. When do condom use intentions lead to actions? Examining the role of sexual communication on safer sexual behavior among people living with HIV. J Health Psychol. 2013;18:507–17.