1. Bray F, Ferlay J, Soerjomataram I, Siegel R L, Torre L A and Jemal A. Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries. CA Cancer J Clin. 2018;68(6):394-424.
2. Fabi A, Falcicchio C, Giannarelli D, Maggi G, Cognetti F and Pugliese P. The course of cancer related fatigue up to ten years in early breast cancer patients: What impact in clinical practice? Breast (Edinburgh, Scotland). 2017;34:44-52.
3. Schmidt M E, Chang-Claude J, Seibold P, Vrieling A, Heinz J, Flesch-Janys D, et al. Determinants of long-term fatigue in breast cancer survivors: results of a prospective patient cohort study. Psychooncology. 2015;24(1):40-46.
4. Cella D, Peterman A, Passik S, Jacobsen P and Breitbart W. Progress toward guidelines for the management of fatigue. Oncology (Williston Park). 1998;12(11A):369-377.
5. Kuhlmann L, Olesen S S, Olesen A E, Arendt-Nielsen L and Drewes A M. Mechanism-based pain management in chronic pancreatitis - is it time for a paradigm shift? Expert review of clinical pharmacology. 2019;12(3):249-258.
6. Mitchell S A, Hoffman A J, Clark J C, DeGennaro R M, Poirier P, Robinson C B, et al. Putting evidence into practice: an update of evidence-based interventions for cancer-related fatigue during and following treatment. Clin J Oncol Nurs. 2014;18 Suppl:38-58.
7. Campbell K L, Winters-Stone K M, Wiskemann J, May A M, Schwartz A L, Courneya K S, et al. Exercise Guidelines for Cancer Survivors: Consensus Statement from International Multidisciplinary Roundtable. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. 2019;51(11):2375-2390.
8. Greenlee H, DuPont-Reyes M J, Balneaves L G, Carlson L E, Cohen M R, Deng G, et al. Clinical practice guidelines on the evidence-based use of integrative therapies during and after breast cancer treatment. CA Cancer J Clin. 2017;67(3):194-232.
9. Frikkel J, Götte M, Beckmann M, Kasper S, Hense J, Teufel M, et al. Fatigue, barriers to physical activity and predictors for motivation to exercise in advanced Cancer patients. BMC Palliative Care. 2020;19(1):43.
10. Cillessen L, Johannsen M, Speckens A E M and Zachariae R. Mindfulness-based interventions for psychological and physical health outcomes in cancer patients and survivors: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Psychooncology. 2019;28(12):2257-2269.
11. Sun H, Huang H, Ji S, Chen X, Xu Y, Zhu F, et al. The Efficacy of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Treat Depression and Anxiety and Improve Quality of Life Among Early-Stage Breast Cancer Patients. Integr Cancer Ther. 2019;18:1534735419829573.
12. Xunlin N G, Lau Y and Klainin-Yobas P. The effectiveness of mindfulness-based interventions among cancer patients and survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Support Care Cancer. 2020;28(4):1563-1578.
13. Kroz M, Reif M, Glinz A, Berger B, Nikolaou A, Zerm R, et al. Impact of a combined multimodal-aerobic and multimodal intervention compared to standard aerobic treatment in breast cancer survivors with chronic cancer-related fatigue - results of a three-armed pragmatic trial in a comprehensive cohort design. BMC Cancer. 2017;17(1):166.
14. Poier D, Bussing A, Rodrigues Recchia D, Beerenbrock Y, Reif M, Nikolaou A, et al. Influence of a Multimodal and Multimodal-Aerobic Therapy Concept on Health-Related Quality of Life in Breast Cancer Survivors. Integr Cancer Ther. 2019;18:1534735418820447.
15. Duijts S F, Faber M M, Oldenburg H S, van Beurden M and Aaronson N K. Effectiveness of behavioral techniques and physical exercise on psychosocial functioning and health-related quality of life in breast cancer patients and survivors--a meta-analysis. Psychooncology. 2011;20(2):115-126.
16. Wang C W, Chow A Y and Chan C L. The effects of life review interventions on spiritual well-being, psychological distress, and quality of life in patients with terminal or advanced cancer: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Palliat Med. 2017;31(10):883-894.
17. Oei S L, Thronicke A, Matthes H and Schad F. Assessment of integrative non-pharmacological interventions and quality of life in breast cancer patients using real-world data. Breast cancer (Tokyo, Japan). 2021.
18. Thronicke A, Kroz M, Merkle A, Matthes H, Herbstreit C and Schad F. Psychosocial, Cognitive, and Physical Impact of Elaborate Consultations and Life Review in Female Patients with Non-Metastasized Breast Cancer. Complement Med Res. 2018;25(2):92-101.
19. Bradt J, Dileo C, Magill L and Teague A. Music interventions for improving psychological and physical outcomes in cancer patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016(8):CD006911.
20. Sturm I, Baak J, Storek B, Traore A and Thuss-Patience P. Effect of dance on cancer-related fatigue and quality of life. Support Care Cancer. 2014;22(8):2241-2249.
21. Kaltsatou A, Mameletzi D and Douka S. Physical and psychological benefits of a 24-week traditional dance program in breast cancer survivors. Journal of bodywork and movement therapies. 2011;15(2):162-167.
22. Ho R T, Fong T C, Cheung I K, Yip P S and Luk M Y. Effects of a Short-Term Dance Movement Therapy Program on Symptoms and Stress in Patients With Breast Cancer Undergoing Radiotherapy: A Randomized, Controlled, Single-Blind Trial. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2016;51(5):824-831.
23. Boing L, do Bem Fretta T, de Carvalho Souza Vieira M, Pereira G S, Moratelli J, Sperandio F F, et al. Pilates and dance to patients with breast cancer undergoing treatment: study protocol for a randomized clinical trial - MoveMama study. Trials. 2020;21(1):35.
24. Karkou V, Dudley-Swarbrick I, Starkey J, Parsons A, Aithal S, Omylinska-Thurston J, et al. Dancing With Health: Quality of Life and Physical Improvements From an EU Collaborative Dance Programme With Women Following Breast Cancer Treatment. Front Psychol. 2021;12:635578.
25. Worthen-Chaudhari L, Lamantia M T, Monfort S M, Mysiw W, Chaudhari A M W and Lustberg M B. Partnered, adapted argentine tango dance for cancer survivors: A feasibility study and pilot study of efficacy. Clinical biomechanics (Bristol, Avon). 2019;70:257-264.
26. Witkos J and Hartman-Petrycka M. Implications of Argentine Tango for Health Promotion, Physical Well-Being as Well as Emotional, Personal and Social Life on a Group of Women Who Dance. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2021;18(11).
27. Lötzke D, Ostermann T and Büssing A. Argentine tango in Parkinson disease--a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Neurol. 2015;15:226.
28. Kroz M, Zerm R, Reif M, HB V O N L, Schad F, Bussing A, et al. Validation of the German version of the Cancer Fatigue Scale (CFS-D). European journal of cancer care. 2008;17(1):33-41.
29. Buysse D J, Reynolds C F, 3rd, Monk T H, Berman S R and Kupfer D J. The Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index: a new instrument for psychiatric practice and research. Psychiatry research. 1989;28(2):193-213.
30. Aaronson N K, Ahmedzai S, Bergman B, Bullinger M, Cull A, Duez N J, et al. The European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer QLQ-C30: a quality-of-life instrument for use in international clinical trials in oncology. J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993;85(5):365-376.
31. Delitto D, Wallet S M and Hughes S J. Targeting tumor tolerance: A new hope for pancreatic cancer therapy? Pharmacology & therapeutics. 2016;166:9-29.
32. Kim J and Shin W. How to do random allocation (randomization). Clinics in orthopedic surgery. 2014;6(1):103-109.
33. Olden M, Holle R, Heid I M and Stark K. IDGenerator: unique identifier generator for epidemiologic or clinical studies. BMC Med Res Methodol. 2016;16:120.
34. Schad F, Axtner J, Happe A, Breitkreuz T, Paxino C, Gutsch J, et al. Network Oncology (NO)--a clinical cancer register for health services research and the evaluation of integrative therapeutic interventions in anthroposophic medicine. Forsch Komplementmed. 2013;20(5):353-360.
35. Schad F, Thronicke A, Merkle A, Steele M L, Kroz M, Herbstreit C, et al. Implementation of an Integrative Oncological Concept in the Daily Care of a German Certified Breast Cancer Center. Complement Med Res. 2018;25(2):85-91.
36. Team R C. R: A language and environment for statistical computing 2016.
37. Cohen J. A power primer. Psychological bulletin. 1992;112(1):155-159.
38. Meneses-Echavez J F, Gonzalez-Jimenez E and Ramirez-Velez R. Effects of supervised exercise on cancer-related fatigue in breast cancer survivors: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:77.
39. Peterson L L and Ligibel J A. Physical Activity and Breast Cancer: an Opportunity to Improve Outcomes. Curr Oncol Rep. 2018;20(7):50.
40. Van Dijck S, Nelissen P, Verbelen H, Tjalma W and Gebruers N. The effects of physical self-management on quality of life in breast cancer patients: A systematic review. Breast (Edinburgh, Scotland). 2016;28:20-28.
41. Lipsett A, Barrett S, Haruna F, Mustian K and O'Donovan A. The impact of exercise during adjuvant radiotherapy for breast cancer on fatigue and quality of life: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Breast (Edinburgh, Scotland). 2017;32:144-155.
42. Fabi A, Bhargava R, Fatigoni S, Guglielmo M, Horneber M, Roila F, et al. Cancer-related fatigue: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment. Ann Oncol. 2020;31(6):713-723.
43. Lyman G H, Greenlee H, Bohlke K, Bao T, DeMichele A M, Deng G E, et al. Integrative Therapies During and After Breast Cancer Treatment: ASCO Endorsement of the SIO Clinical Practice Guideline. J Clin Oncol. 2018;36(25):2647-2655.
44. Bower J E and Lamkin D M. Inflammation and cancer-related fatigue: mechanisms, contributing factors, and treatment implications. Brain, behavior, and immunity. 2013;30 Suppl:S48-57.
45. Walker W H, 2nd and Borniger J C. Molecular Mechanisms of Cancer-Induced Sleep Disruption. International journal of molecular sciences. 2019;20(11).
46. Dibbell-Hope S. The use of dance/movement therapy in psychological adaptation to breast cancer. The Arts in Psychotherapy. 2000;27(1):51-68.
47. Thieser S, Dörfler J, Rudolph I, Wozniak T, Schmidt T and Hübner J. Influence of ballroom dancing on fatigue, body image, self-efficacy, and endurance of cancer patients and their partners. Med Oncol. 2021;38(2):15.
48. Oei S L, Thronicke A, Kröz M, von Trott P, Schad F and Matthes H. Impact of Oncological Therapy and Viscum album L Treatment on Cancer-Related Fatigue and Internal Coherence in Nonmetastasized Breast Cancer Patients. Integrative cancer therapies. 2020;19:1534735420917211.
49. World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki: ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects. JAMA. 2013;310(20):2191-2194.