1. OECD. Fiscal Sustainability of Health Systems. 2015. https://www.oecd-ilibrary.org/content/publication/9789264233386-en. Accessed 23 March 2021.
2. World Health Organisation. Why the HIV epidemic is not over. https://www.who.int/news-room/spotlight/why-the-hiv-epidemic-is-not-over. Accessed 15 Dec 2020.
3. Annual HIV/AIDS Surveillance Reports. European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control. https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/all-topics-zhiv-infection-and-aidssurveillance-and-disease-data/annual-hivaids-surveillance-reports. Accessed 6 May 2021.
4. Vermeersch S, Callens S, De Wit S, Goffard J-C, Laga M, Van Beckhoven D, et al. Health and budget impact of combined HIV prevention - first results of the BELHIVPREV model. Acta Clin Belg. 2018 Feb;73(1):54–67.
5. Guaraldi G, Malagoli A, Calcagno A, Mussi C, Celesia BM, Carli F, et al. The increasing burden and complexity of multi-morbidity and polypharmacy in geriatric HIV patients: a cross sectional study of people aged 65 - 74 years and more than 75 years. BMC Geriatr. 2018 Apr 20;18(1):99.
6. Smit M, Brinkman K, Geerlings S, Smit C, Thyagarajan K, Sighem A van, et al. Future challenges for clinical care of an ageing population infected with HIV: a modelling study. Lancet Infect Dis. 2015 Jul;15(7):810–8.
7. Porter ME, Teisberg EO. Redefining health care: creating value-based competition on results. Harvard business press; 2006.
8. Bonde M, Bossen C, Danholt P. Translating value-based health care: an experiment into healthcare governance and dialogical accountability. Sociol Health Illn. 2018;40(7):1113–26.
9. Porter ME, Larsson S, Lee TH. Standardizing patient outcomes measurement. N Engl J Med. 2016;374(6):504–6.
10. Porter ME, Kaplan RS. How to pay for health care. Harv Bus Rev. 2016;94(7–8):88–98.
11. Berwick DM, Nolan TW, Whittington J. The triple aim: care, health, and cost. Health Aff (Millwood). 2008;27(3):759–69.
12. Berg M, Meijerink Y, Gras M, Goossensen A, Schellekens W, Haeck J, et al. Feasibility first: developing public performance indicators on patient safety and clinical effectiveness for Dutch hospitals. Health Policy Amst Neth. 2005 Dec;75(1):59–73.
13. Epstein AM. Pay for performance at the tipping point. N Engl J Med. 2007 Feb 1;356(5):515–7.
14. Møller Pedersen K. Værdibaseret styring. Er det smitsomt. COHERE Discussion Paper No. 3/2017; 2017.
15. Nilsson K, Bååthe F, Andersson AE, Wikström E, Sandoff M. Experiences from implementing value-based healthcare at a Swedish University Hospital - an longitudinal interview study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2017 Feb 28;17(1):169.
16. Europe WHORO for, Policies EO on HS and, Smith PC, Sagan A, Siciliani L, Panteli D, et al. Building on value-based health care: towards a health system perspective. 2020 https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/336134. Accessed 15 Dec 2020.
17. Union PO of the E. Defining value in ‘value-based healthcare’ : report of the Expert Panel on Effective Ways of Investing in Health (EXPH). Publications Office of the European Union; 2019. http://op.europa.eu/en/publication-detail/-/publication/beaebce1-ac29-11e9-9d01-01aa75ed71a1/language-en/format-PDF. Accessed 15 Dec 2020.
18. Sartorius RH. The Logical Framework Approach to Project Design and Management. Eval Pract. 1991 Jun 1;12(2):139–47.
19. Donabedian A. Evaluating the quality of medical care. Milbank Mem Fund Q. 1966;44(3):166–206.
20. Ayanian JZ, Markel H. Donabedian’s Lasting Framework for Health Care Quality. N Engl J Med. 2016 Jul 21;375(3):205–7.
21. Catumbela E, Certal V, Freitas A, Costa C, Sarmento A, da Costa Pereira A. Definition of a core set of quality indicators for the assessment of HIV/AIDS clinical care: a systematic review. BMC Health Serv Res. 2013 Jun 28;13:236.
22. den Daas C, van den Berk GEL, Kleene M-JT, de Munnik ES, Lijmer JG, Brinkman K. Health-related quality of life among adult HIV positive patients: assessing comprehensive themes and interrelated associations. Qual Life Res Int J Qual Life Asp Treat Care Rehabil. 2019 Oct;28(10):2685–94.
23. Netherlands – Value Based HIV Care. HIV Outcomes. https://hivoutcomes.eu/case_study/value-based-hiv-care/. Accessed 15 Dec 2020.
24. Value Based HIV Care. VBHC Prize 2020. 2019. http://vbhcprize.com/value-based-hiv-care-2/. Accessed 15 Dec 2020.
25. Chernew Michael E., Heath Jermaine. How Different Payment Models Support (or Undermine) a Sustainable Health Care System: Rating the Underlying Incentives and Building a Better Model. NEJM Catal;1(1). https://catalyst.nejm.org/doi/abs/10.1056/CAT.19.1084. Accessed 20 Jan 2021.