1. Bodenheimer T, Dickinson WP, Kong M. Quality Improvement Models in Residency Programs. J Grad Med Educ. 2019;11(1):15-7.
2. Co JP. Educating for quality: quality improvement as an activity of daily learning to improve educational and patient outcomes. Acad Pediatr. 2014;14(1):1-3.
3. Craig MS, Garfunkel LC, Baldwin CD, Mann KJ, Moses JM, Co JP, et al. Pediatric resident education in quality improvement (QI): a national survey. Acad Pediatr. 2014;14(1):54-61.
4. Goldman JP, Kuper AMDD, Baker GRP, Bulmer BM, Coffey MMD, Jeffs LRNPF, et al. Beyond Experiential Learning in Project-Based Quality Improvement Education: Questioning Assumptions and Identifying Future Directions. Academic Medicine. 2020;95(11):1745-54.
5. Johnson Faherty L, Mate KS, Moses JM. Leveraging Trainees to Improve Quality and Safety at the Point of Care: Three Models for Engagement. Acad Med. 2016;91(4):503-9.
6. Tess A, Vidyarthi A, Yang J, Myers JS. Bridging the Gap: A Framework and Strategies for Integrating the Quality and Safety Mission of Teaching Hospitals and Graduate Medical Education. Acad Med. 2015;90(9):1251-7.
7. Weiss KB, Co JPT, Bagian JP. Challenges and Opportunities in the 6 Focus Areas: CLER National Report of Findings 2018. J Grad Med Educ. 2018;10(4 Suppl):25-48.
8. Butler JM, Anderson KA, Supiano MA, Weir CR. "It Feels Like a Lot of Extra Work": Resident Attitudes About Quality Improvement and Implications for an Effective Learning Health Care System. Acad Med. 2017;92(7):984-90.
9. Clarke MJ, Steffens FL, Mallory GW, Starr SR, Porter BL, Krauss WE, et al. Incorporating Quality Improvement into Resident Education: Structured Curriculum, Evaluation, and Quality Improvement Projects. World Neurosurg. 2019;126:e1112-e20.
10. Fok MC, Wong RY. Impact of a competency based curriculum on quality improvement among internal medicine residents. BMC Med Educ. 2014;14:252.
11. Johl KMD, Grigsby RKDSW. Engaging Learners in Health System Quality Improvement Efforts. Academic Medicine. 2017;92(5):593-7.
12. Ogrinc G, Ercolano E, Cohen ES, Harwood B, Baum K, van Aalst R, et al. Educational system factors that engage resident physicians in an integrated quality improvement curriculum at a VA hospital: a realist evaluation. Acad Med. 2014;89(10):1380-5.
13. Philibert I, Gonzalez Del Rey JA, Lannon C, Lieh-Lai M, Weiss KB. Quality improvement skills for pediatric residents: from lecture to implementation and sustainability. Acad Pediatr. 2014;14(1):40-6.
14. Eraut M. Transfer of knowledge between education and workplace settings. In: H D, H L, J P, editors. Knowledge, Values and Education Policy: A Critical Perspective. London: Routledge; 2009.
15. Jamal N, Bowe SN, Brenner MJ, Balakrishnan K, Bent JP. Impact of a Formal Patient Safety and Quality Improvement Curriculum: A Prospective, Controlled Trial. Laryngoscope. 2019;129(5):1100-6.
16. Moore S, Alemi F, Headrick L, Hekelman F, Neuhauser D, Novotny J, et al. Using learning cycles to build an interdisciplinary curriculum in continuous improvement for health professions students in Cleveland. Joint Commission Journal on Quality Improvement. 1996;22:165-71.
17. Vidyarthi ARMD, Green ALMD, Rosenbluth GMD, Baron RBMDMS. Engaging Residents and Fellows to Improve Institution-Wide Quality: The First Six Years of a Novel Financial Incentive Program. Academic Medicine. 2014;89(3):460-8.
18. Johnson KM, Fiordellisi W, Kuperman E, Wickersham A, Kuehn C, Kamath A, et al. X + Y = Time for QI: Meaningful Engagement of Residents in Quality Improvement During the Ambulatory Block. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2018;10(3):316-24.
19. Leddy R, Lewis M, Ackerman S, Hill J, Thacker P, Matheus M, et al. Practical Implications for an Effective Radiology Residency Quality Improvement Program for Milestone Assessment. Acad Radiol. 2017;24(1):95-104.
20. Courtlandt C, Noonan L, Koricke MW, Zeskind PS, Mabus S, Feld L. Pediatrics Residents' Confidence and Performance Following a Longitudinal Quality Improvement Curriculum. J Grad Med Educ. 2016;8(1):74-9.
21. Zafar MAMD, Diers TMD, Schauer DPMDM, Warm EJMD. Connecting Resident Education to Patient Outcomes: The Evolution of a Quality Improvement Curriculum in an Internal Medicine Residency. Academic Medicine. 2014;89(10):1341-7.
22. Chacko KM, Halvorsen AJ, Swenson SL, Wahi-Gururaj S, Steinmann AF, Call S, et al. US Internal Medicine Program Director Perceptions of Alignment of Graduate Medical Education and Institutional Resources for Engaging Residents in Quality and Safety. Am J Med Qual. 2018;33(4):405-12.
23. Jaffe R, Diemer G, Caruso J, Metzinger M. Creating Provider-Level Quality Reports for Residents to Improve the Clinical Learning Environment. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2017;9(3):381-2.
24. Wong BM, Goldman J, Goguen JM, Base C, Rotteau L, Van Melle E, et al. Faculty-Resident "Co-learning": A Longitudinal Exploration of an Innovative Model for Faculty Development in Quality Improvement. Acad Med. 2017;92(8):1151-9.
25. Casey B, Co JP, Weiss KB, Committee CPatCE. CLER National Report of Findings 2019: The Clinical Learning Environments of Smaller Sponsoring Institutions. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2019;11(4):488-90.
26. Mariotti JL, Shalaby M, Fitzgibbons JP. The 4∶1 schedule: a novel template for internal medicine residencies. J Grad Med Educ. 2010;2(4):541-7.
27. Shalaby M, Yaich S, Donnelly J, Chippendale R, DeOliveira MC, Noronha C. X + Y Scheduling Models for Internal Medicine Residency Programs-A Look Back and a Look Forward. J Grad Med Educ. 2014;6(4):639-42.
28. Singh MK, Lawrence R, LA H. Expanding Educators' Medical Curriculum Tool Chest: Minute Papers as an Underutilized Option for Obtaining Immediate Feedback. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2011;3(2):239-42.
29. Ogrinc G, Headrick L, Barton A, Dolansky M, Madigosky W, Miltner R. Fundamentals of health care improvement : a guide to improving your patient's care 3rd ed. Oak Brook Terrace, Ill: Joint Commission; 2018.
30. Kesari K, Ali S, Smith S. Integrating residents with institutional quality improvement teams. Medical Education. 2017;51(11):1173-.
31. Duello K, Louh I, Greig H, Dawson N. Residents' knowledge of quality improvement: the impact of using a group project curriculum. Postgrad Med J. 2015;91(1078):431-5.
32. Tentler A, Feurdean M, Keller S, Kothari N. Integrating a Resident-Driven Longitudinal Quality Improvement Curriculum Within an Ambulatory Block Schedule. J Grad Med Educ. 2016;8(3):405-9.
33. Kiger ME, Bertagnoli T. A Project-Based, Resident-Led Quality Improvement Curriculum Within a Pediatric Continuity Clinic. MedEdPORTAL. 2018;14:10738.
34. Bonnes SL, Ratelle JT, Halvorsen AJ, Carter KJ, Hafdahl LT, Wang AT, et al. Flipping the Quality Improvement Classroom in Residency Education. Acad Med. 2017;92(1):101-7.
35. Ramar K, Hale CW, Dankbar EC. Innovative model of delivering quality improvement education for trainees--a pilot project. Med Educ Online. 2015;20:28764.
36. Winchester DE, Burkart TA, Choi CY, McKillop MS, Beyth RJ, Dahm P. Postgraduate Education in Quality Improvement Methods: Initial Results of the Fellows' Applied Quality Training (FAQT) Curriculum. Crit Pathw Cardiol. 2016;15(2):36-9.
37. Lichkus J, Fang B, Peterson LE. Family Medicine Residency Graduates' Preparation for Quality Improvement Leadership. J Grad Med Educ. 2019;11(5):558-64.
38. Jolin J, van Aalst R, Volpp B, Taylor T, Cohen E. Using an Inpatient Quality Improvement Curriculum for Internal Medicine Residents to Improve Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Administration Rates. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2018;44(6):328-33.
39. Reardon CL, Creado S, Hafer R, Howell-Little E, Langheim FJ, Lee ER, et al. A Curriculum for Residents to Develop Successful Quality Improvement Projects. Wmj. 2018;117(2):79-82.
40. Rinke ML, Mock CK, Persing NM, Sawyer M, Haut ER, Neufeld NJ, et al. The Armstrong Institute Resident/Fellow Scholars: A Multispecialty Curriculum to Train Future Leaders in Patient Safety and Quality Improvement. Am J Med Qual. 2016;31(3):224-32.
41. Simasek M, Ballard SL, Phelps P, Pingul-Ravano R, Kolb NR, Finkelstein A, et al. Meeting Resident Scholarly Activity Requirements Through a Longitudinal Quality Improvement Curriculum. J Grad Med Educ. 2015;7(1):86-90.
42. Prince LK, Little DJ, Schexneider KI, Yuan CM. Integrating Quality Improvement Education into the Nephrology Curricular Milestones Framework and the Clinical Learning Environment Review. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;12(2):349-56.
43. Runnacles J, Moult B, Lachman P. Developing future clinical leaders for quality improvement: experience from a London children's hospital. BMJ Qual Saf. 2013;22(11):956-63.