1. Khan S, Zaheer S, Safdar NF. Determinants of stunting, underweight and wasting among children < 5 years of age: evidence from 2012-2013 Pakistan demographic and health survey. BMC Public Health [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 21];19:358. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30935382
2. Akombi B, Agho K, Hall J, Wali N, Renzaho A, Merom D. Stunting, Wasting and Underweight in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Systematic Review. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2019 Jun 21];14:863. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28788108
3. WHO. Severe acute malnutrition [Internet]. Geneva, Switzerland; 2019. Available from: https://www.who.int/nutrition/topics/severe_malnutrition/en/
4. UNICEF. Severe acute malnutrition [Internet]. Nutrition. 2015 [cited 2019 Jun 29]. p. 1. Available from: https://www.unicef.org/nutrition/index_sam.html
5. Bulti A, Briend A, Dale NM, De Wagt A, Chiwile F, Chitekwe S, et al. Improving estimates of the burden of severe acute malnutrition and predictions of caseload for programs treating severe acute malnutrition: experiences from Nigeria. Arch. Public Heal. [Internet]. BioMed Central; 2017 [cited 2019 Jun 29];75:66. Available from: http://archpublichealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13690-017-0234-4
6. Titaley CR, Ariawan I, Hapsari D, Muasyaroh A, Dibley MJ. Determinants of the Stunting of Children Under Two Years Old in Indonesia: A Multilevel Analysis of the 2013 Indonesia Basic Health Survey. Nutrients [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 21];11:1106. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31109058
7. Fantay GK, Mekonnen HW, Haftom TA, Oumer SA, Afework MB. Determinants of stunting among under-five children in Ethiopia: a multilevel mixed-effects analysis of 2016 Ethiopian demographic and health survey data. BMC Pediatr. [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 21];19:176. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31153381
8. Motedayen M, Dousti M, Sayehmiri F, Pourmahmoudi AA. An Investigation of the Prevalence and Causes of Malnutrition in Iran: a Review Article and Meta-analysis. Clin. Nutr. Res. [Internet]. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 21];8:101. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31089464
9. Binns P, Myatt M. Does treatment of short or stunted children aged 6-59 months for severe acute malnutrition using ready to use therapeutic food make them overweight? Data from Malawi. Arch. Public Health [Internet]. BioMed Central; 2018 [cited 2019 Jun 28];76:78. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30559964
10. Harimbola DR, Mizumoto K. Individual and Household Risk Factors for Severe Acute Malnutrition among Under-Five Children in the Analamanga Region, Madagascar. Int. J. MCH AIDS [Internet]. Global Health and Education Projects, Inc.; 2018 [cited 2019 Jun 28];7:217–25. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30631640
11. Kshatriya GK, Acharya SK. Gender Disparities in the Prevalence of Undernutrition and the Higher Risk among the Young Women of Indian Tribes. PLoS One [Internet]. Public Library of Science; 2016 [cited 2019 Jun 28];11:e0158308. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27379521
12. Alemayehu M, Tinsae F, Haileslassie K, Seid O, Gebregziabher G, Yebyo H. Undernutrition status and associated factors in under-5 children, in Tigray, Northern Ethiopia. Nutrition [Internet]. Elsevier; 2015 [cited 2019 Jun 28];31:964–70. Available from: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0899900715000817?via%3Dihub
13. Novignon J, Aboagye E, Agyemang OS, Aryeetey G. Socioeconomic-related inequalities in child malnutrition: evidence from the Ghana multiple indicator cluster survey. Health Econ. Rev. [Internet]. BioMed Central; 2015 [cited 2019 Jun 29];5:34. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26603158
14. Khan T, Khan R, Raza MA. Gender analysis of malnutrition: a case study of school-going children in Bahawalpur. Asian Dev. Policy Rev. [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2019 Jun 28];3:29–48. Available from: http://www.aessweb.com/journals/5008
15. Jawaregowda KS, Angadi M. Gender differences in nutritional status among under five children in rural areas of Bijapur district, Karnataka, India. Int. J. Community Med. Public Heal. [Internet]. 2015 [cited 2019 Jun 28];2:506–9. Available from: http://www.ijcmph.com
16. Eshete H, Abebe Y, Loha E, Gebru T, Tesheme T. Nutritional status and effect of maternal employment among children aged 6–59 months in Wolayta Sodo Town, Southern Ethiopia: a cross-sectional study. Ethiop. J. Health Sci. [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2019 Jun 28];27:155. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28579711
17. Nhampossa T, Sigaúque B, Machevo S, Macete E, Alonso P, Bassat Q, et al. Severe malnutrition among children under the age of 5 years admitted to a rural district hospital in southern Mozambique. Public Health Nutr. [Internet]. 2013 [cited 2019 Jun 28];16:1565–74. Available from: https://www.cambridge.org/core/product/identifier/S1368980013001080/type/journal_article
18. Croft TN, Marshall AMJ, Allen CK. Guide to DHS Statistics [Internet]. 2018. Available from: https://dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/DHSG1/Guide_to_DHS_Statistics_DHS-7.pdf
19. ICF International. Demographic and Health Survey: Sampling and Household Listing Manual [Internet]. Calverton; 2012. Available from: https://www.dhsprogram.com/pubs/pdf/DHSM4/DHS6_Sampling_Manual_Sept2012_DHSM4.pdf
20. ICF International Inc. Uganda Demographic and Health Survey 2011. Kampala, Uganda: UBOS and Calverton, Maryland:; 2012.
21. National Bureau of Statistics Tanzania and ICF - Macro. Tanzania Demographic and Health Survey 2010. Natl. Bur. Stat. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania ICF Macro Calverton, Maryland, USA. 2011.
22. National Population Commission (Nigeria) and ICF International. Nigeria Demographic and Health Survey 2013. Abuja, Nigeria; 2014.
23. WHO. WHO AnthroPlus for personal computers Manual: Software for assessing growth of the world’s children and adolescents [Internet]. Geneva, Switzerland; 2009. Available from: http://www.who.int/growthref/tools/en/
24. Roser M, Ortiz-Ospina E. Global Rise of Education [Internet]. Ourworldindata.org. 2019 [cited 2019 Jun 29]. p. 1. Available from: https://ourworldindata.org/global-rise-of-education
25. Vyass S, Kumaranayake L. Constructing Socioeconomic Status Indexes: How to Use Principal Component Analysis. Health Policy Plan. 2006;21:459–68.
26. Oaxaca R. Male-female wage differentials in urban labor markets. Intl Econ. Rev. 1973;14:693–709.
27. Blinder AS. Wage discrimination: Reduced form and structural estimates. J Hum Resour. 1973;8:436–55.
28. Mawa R, Lawoko S. Malnutrition Among Children Under Five Years in Uganda. Am. J. Heal. Res. 2018;6:56–66.
29. Man SL., Guo Y. Research on the social determinants of malnutrition among children under the age of 5 in China. Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao. [Internet]. 2016;48:418–23. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27318901
30. Abdulahi A, Shab-Bidar S, Rezaei S, Djafarian K. Nutritional status of under five children in Ethiopia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Ethiop. J. Health Sci. [Internet]. 2017 [cited 2019 Jun 21];27:175. Available from: https://www.ajol.info/index.php/ejhs/article/view/153152
31. Meshram II, Arlappa N, Balakrishna N, Mallikharjuna Rao K, Laxmaiah A, Brahmam GNV. Trends in the prevalence of undernutrition, nutrient and food intake and predictors of undernutrition among under five year tribal children in India. Asia Pac. J. Clin. Nutr. [Internet]. 2012 [cited 2019 Jun 21];21:568–76. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23017315
32. Uthman OA, Sambala EZ, Adamu AA, Ndwandwe D, Wiyeh AB, Olukade T, et al. Does it really matter where you live? A multilevel analysis of factors associated with missed opportunities for vaccination in sub-Saharan Africa. Hum. Vaccin. Immunother. [Internet]. Taylor & Francis; 2018 [cited 2019 Jun 22];14:2397–404. Available from: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21645515.2018.1504524
33. Fagbamigbe AF, Bamgboye EA, Yusuf BO, Akinyemi JO, Issa BK, Ngige E, et al. The Nigeria wealth distribution and health seeking behaviour : evidence from the 2012 national HIV / AIDS and reproductive health survey. Health Econ. Rev. 2015;5:e1–10.