1. George, A.; Johnson, M.; Blinkhorn, A.; Ellis, S.; Bhole, S.; Ajwani, S. Promoting oral health during pregnancy: current evidence and implications for Australian midwives. Journal of Clinical Nursing 2010, 19, 3324-3333, doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03426.x.
2. Castilho, A.R.F.d.; Mialhe, F.L.; Barbosa, T.d.S.; Puppin-Rontani, R.M. Influence of family environment on children's oral health: a systematic review. Jornal de Pediatria 2013, 89, 116-123, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jped.2013.03.014.
3. Dye, B.A.; Vargas, C.M.; Lee, J.J.; Magder, L.; Tinanoff, N. Assessing the Relationship Between Children's Oral Health Status and That of Their Mothers. The Journal of the American Dental Association 2011, 142, 173-183, doi:10.14219/jada.archive.2011.0061.
4. Daalderop, L.A.; Wieland, B.V.; Tomsin, K.; Reyes, L.; Kramer, B.W.; Vanterpool, S.F.; Been, J.V. Periodontal Disease and Pregnancy Outcomes: Overview of Systematic Reviews. JDR Clin Trans Res 2018, 3, 10-27, doi:10.1177/2380084417731097.
5. George, A.; Johnson, M.; Blinkhorn, A.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Yeo, A.; Ellis, S. The oral health status, practices and knowledge of pregnant women in south‐western Sydney. Australian dental journal 2013, 58, 26-33.
6. Kong, A.C.; Ramjan, L.; Sousa, M.S.; Gwynne, K.; Goulding, J.; Jones, N.; Srinivas, R.; Rambaldini, B.; Moir, R.; George, A. The oral health of Indigenous pregnant women: a mixed-methods systematic review. Women and Birth 2019, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2019.08.007.
7. Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet. Overview of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health status 2020. Available online: https://healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/learn/health-facts/overview-aboriginal-torres-strait-islander-health-status (accessed on 1 July 2021).
8. Durey, A.; Bessarab, D.; Slack-Smith, L. The mouth as a site of structural inequalities; the experience of Aboriginal Australians. Community Dent Health 2016, 33, 161-163.
9. Kong, A.; Dickson, M.; Ramjan, L.; Sousa, M.S.; Goulding, J.; Chao, J.; George, A. A Qualitative Study Exploring the Experiences and Perspectives of Australian Aboriginal Women on Oral Health during Pregnancy. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2021, 18, doi:10.3390/ijerph18158061.
10. Kong, A.C.; Sousa, M.S.; Ramjan, L.; Dickson, M.; Goulding, J.; Gwynne, K.; Talbot, F.; Jones, N.; Srinivas, R.; George, A. "Got to build that trust": the perspectives and experiences of Aboriginal health staff on maternal oral health. Int J Equity Health 2020, 19, 187, doi:10.1186/s12939-020-01301-5.
11. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Proof of Aboriginality. Available online: https://aiatsis.gov.au/family-history/you-start/proof-aboriginality (accessed on 30 July 2021).
12. Herring, S.; Spangaro, J.; Lauw, M.; McNamara, L. The intersection of trauma, racism, and cultural competence in effective work with Aboriginal people: waiting for trust. Australian Social Work 2013, 66, 104-117, doi:10.1080/0312407X.2012.697566.
13. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Understanding the challenges. Available online: https://aiatsis.gov.au/family-history/you-start/understanding-challenges (accessed on 30 July 2021).
14. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Indigenous names. Available online: https://aiatsis.gov.au/family-history/you-start/indigenous-names (accessed on 30 July 2021).
15. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. Thinking about place. Available online: https://aiatsis.gov.au/family-history/you-start/thinking-about-place (accessed on 30 July 2021).
16. Villarosa, A.C.; Villarosa, A.R.; Salamonson, Y.; Ramjan, L.M.; Sousa, M.S.; Srinivas, R.; Jones, N.; George, A. The role of indigenous health workers in promoting oral health during pregnancy: a scoping review. BMC Public Health 2018, 18, 381.
17. George, A.; Dahlen, H.G.; Blinkhorn, A.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Ellis, S.; Yeo, A.; Elcombe, E.; Johnson, M. Evaluation of a midwifery initiated oral health-dental service program to improve oral health and birth outcomes for pregnant women: a multi-centre randomised controlled trial. International Journal of Nursing Studies 2018, 82, 49-57, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnurstu.2018.03.006.
18. George, A.; Lang, G.; Johnson, M.; Ridge, A.; de Silva, A.M.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Blinkhorn, A.; Dahlen, H.G.; Ellis, S.; et al. The evaluation of an oral health education program for midwives in Australia. Women and Birth 2016, 29, 208-213, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2015.10.004.
19. Dahlen, H.G.; Johnson, M.; Hoolsema, J.; Norrie, T.P.; Ajwani, S.; Blinkhorn, A.; Bhole, S.; Ellis, S.; Srinivas, R.; Yaacoub, A.; et al. Process evaluation of the midwifery initiated oral health-dental service program: Perceptions of midwives in Greater Western Sydney, Australia. Women and Birth 2019, 32, e159-e165, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wombi.2018.06.021.
20. George, A.; Villarosa, A.R.; Patterson Norrie, T.; Hoolsema, J.; Dahlen, H.G.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Blinkhorn, A.; Srinivas, R.; Yaacoub, A.; et al. Process evaluation of the midwifery initiated oral health-dental service program: perceptions of pregnant women. Australian Dental Journal 2019, 64, 55-65, doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/adj.12660.
21. Tannous, K.; George, A.; Ahmed, M.U.; Blinkhorn, A.; Dahlen, H.G.; Skinner, J.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Yaacoub, A.; Srinivas, R.; et al. Economic evaluation of the Midwifery-Initiated Oral Health Dental Service program in Australia. BMJ Open 2021, doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2020-047072.
22. World Health Organization. Publication Consultation on Implementation guidance: How to Integrate Non-communicable diseases with national HIV/AIDS, TB, Sexual and Reproductive Health programmes, and into the health system. Available online: https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/publication-consultation-on-implementation-guidance-how-to-integrate-non-communicable-diseases-with-national-hiv-aids-tb-sexual-and-reproductive-health-programmes-and-into-the-health-system (accessed on 27 July 2021).
23. Sivertsen, N.; Anikeeva, O.; Deverix, J.; Grant, J. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander family access to continuity of health care services in the first 1000 days of life: a systematic review of the literature. BMC Health Services Research 2020, 20, 829, doi:10.1186/s12913-020-05673-w.
24. Baum, F.; MacDougall, C.; Smith, D. Participatory action research. J Epidemiol Community Health 2006, 60, 854-857, doi:10.1136/jech.2004.028662.
25. Ozanne, J.L.; Saatcioglu, B. Participatory Action Research. Journal of Consumer Research 2008, 35, 423-439, doi:10.1086/586911.
26. Kovach, M. Indigenous methodologies: Characteristics, conversations, and contexts; University of Toronto Press: 2010.
27. George, A.; Dahlen, H.G.; Blinkhorn, A.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Ellis, S.; Yeo, A.; Elcombe, E.; Sadozai, A.; Johnson, M. Measuring oral health during pregnancy: sensitivity and specificity of a maternal oral screening (MOS) tool. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2016, 16, 347, doi:10.1186/s12884-016-1140-4.
28. Centre for Oral Health Strategy. Priority Oral Health Program (POHP) and waiting list management; NSW Health: NSW, 2017.
29. Silk, H.; Douglass, A.B.; Douglass, J.M.; Silk, L. Oral health during pregnancy. Am Fam Physician 2008, 77, 1139-1144.
30. Russell, S.L.; Mayberry, L.J. Pregnancy and Oral Health: A Review and Recommendations to Reduce Gaps in Practice and Research. MCN: The American Journal of Maternal/Child Nursing 2008, 33.
31. Centre for Oral Health Strategy. Eligibility of persons for public oral health care in NSW. Available online: https://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ActivePDSDocuments/PD2017_027.pdf (accessed on 26 June 2021).
32. Hsieh, H.-F.; Shannon, S.E. Three Approaches to Qualitative Content Analysis. Qualitative Health Research 2005, 15, 1277-1288, doi:10.1177/1049732305276687.
33. Slade, G.D.; Bailie, R.S.; Roberts-Thomson, K.; Leach, A.J.; Raye, I.; Endean, C.; Simmons, B.; Morris, P. Effect of health promotion and fluoride varnish on dental caries among Australian Aboriginal children: results from a community-randomized controlled trial. Community dentistry and oral epidemiology 2011, 39, 29-43, doi:10.1111/j.1600-0528.2010.00561.x.
34. Blinkhorn, F.; Brown, N.; Freeman, R.; Humphris, G.; Martin, A.; Blinkhorn, A. A phase II clinical trial of a dental health education program delivered by aboriginal health workers to prevent early childhood caries. BMC Public Health 2012, 12, 681, doi:10.1186/1471-2458-12-681.
35. Pacza, T.; Steele, L.; Tennant, M. Development of oral health training for rural and remote Aboriginal health workers. Australian Journal of Rural Health 2001, 9, 105-110, doi:https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1440-1584.2001.00294.x.
36. First Nations Health Authority. Healthy smiles for life. Available online: https://www.fnha.ca/WellnessSite/WellnessDocuments/FNHA_HealthySmilesforLife_OralHealthStrategy2014.pdf (accessed on July 23 2021).
37. Gonik, B.; Wilson, E.; Mayberry, M.; Joarder, B.Y. Pregnant Patient Knowledge and Behavior Regarding Perinatal Oral Health. Am J Perinatol 2017, 34, 663-667.
38. Detman, L.A.; Cottrell, B.H.; Denis-Luque, M.F. Exploring Dental Care Misconceptions and Barriers in Pregnancy. Birth 2010, 37, 318-324, doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1523-536X.2010.00427.x.
39. Saddki, N.; Yusoff, A.; Hwang, Y.L. Factors associated with dental visit and barriers to utilisation of oral health care services in a sample of antenatal mothers in Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia. BMC Public Health 2010, 10, 75, doi:10.1186/1471-2458-10-75.
40. Rocha, J.S.; Arima, L.Y.; Werneck, R.I.; Moysés, S.J.; Baldani, M.H. Determinants of Dental Care Attendance during Pregnancy: A Systematic Review. Caries Research 2018, 52, 139-152, doi:10.1159/000481407.
41. Smith, L.; Blinkhorn, F.; Moir, R.; Brown, N.; Blinkhorn, A. User assessment of an early childhood oral health education training course for Aboriginal Health Workers. International Journal of Health Promotion and Education 2016, 54, 172-183, doi:10.1080/14635240.2016.1154479.
42. Lim, M.; Riggs, E.; Shankumar, R.; Marwaha, P.; Kilpatrick, N. Midwives’ and women's views on accessing dental care during pregnancy: an Australian qualitative study. Australian Dental Journal 2018, 63, 320-328, doi:https://doi.org/10.1111/adj.12611.
43. George, A.; Johnson, M.; Duff, M.; Blinkhorn, A.; Ajwani, S.; Bhole, S.; Ellis, S. Maintaining oral health during pregnancy: Perceptions of midwives in Southwest Sydney. Collegian 2011, 18, 71-79, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colegn.2010.10.003.
44. Jamieson, L.M.; Parker, E.J.; Richards, L. Using qualitative methodology to inform an Indigenous-owned oral health promotion initiative in Australia. Health Promotion International 2008, 23, 52-59, doi:10.1093/heapro/dam042.
45. Curtis, E.; Jones, R.; Tipene-Leach, D.; Walker, C.; Loring, B.; Paine, S.-J.; Reid, P. Why cultural safety rather than cultural competency is required to achieve health equity: a literature review and recommended definition. International Journal for Equity in Health 2019, 18, 174, doi:10.1186/s12939-019-1082-3.
46. Services Australia. Health care card: who can get a card. Available online: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/health-care-card (accessed on 26 June 2021).
47. Services Australia. Pensioner concession card: who can get a card. Available online: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/pensioner-concession-card/who-can-get-card (accessed on 26 June 2021).
48. Best, E. Closing the gap through innovative maternity care (The Aboriginal Maternal and Infant Health Service). Women and Birth 2011, 24, S16, doi:10.1016/j.wombi.2011.07.064.
49. McDonald, M.; Moore, T.G.; Goldfeld, S. Sustained home visiting for vulnerable families and children: A literature review of effective programs; Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth: Parkville, Victoria, 2012.
50. Deroy, S.; Schütze, H. Factors supporting retention of Aboriginal health and wellbeing staff in Aboriginal health services: a comprehensive review of the literature. International Journal for Equity in Health 2019, 18, 70, doi:10.1186/s12939-019-0968-4.