1. Cefalu WT, Berg EG, Petersen MP, Darsow T. American Diabetes Association’s Standards of Care: A paradigm shift in the dissemination of information. Am Diabetes Assoc; 2018.
2. Haas L, Maryniuk M, Beck J, Cox CE, Duker P, Edwards L, et al. National standards for diabetes self-management education and support. The Diabetes Educator. 2012;38(5):619-29.
3. Association AD. Standards of medical care in diabetes—2009. Diabetes care. 2009;32(Suppl 1):S13.
4. Mariam TG, Alemayehu A, Tesfaye E, Mequannt W, Temesgen K, Yetwale F, et al. Prevalence of diabetic foot ulcer and associated factors among adult diabetic patients who attend the diabetic follow-up clinic at the University of Gondar Referral Hospital, North West Ethiopia, 2016: Institutional-Based Cross-Sectional Study. Journal of diabetes research. 2017;2017.
5. Gowri M, Harikrishnan V. Clinical study on the efficacy of nanocrystalline-silver in diabetic foot. International Journal of Health and Clinical Research. 2021;4(6):73-7.
6. Al Kafrawy NAEF, Mustafa EAAE-A, Abd El-Salam AE-D, Ebaid OM, Zidane OMA. Study of risk factors of diabetic foot ulcers. Menoufia Medical Journal. 2014;27(1):28.
7. Driver VR, Fabbi M, Lavery LA, Gibbons G. The costs of diabetic foot: the economic case for the limb salvage team. Journal of vascular surgery. 2010;52(3):17S-22S.
8. Al-Maskari F, El-Sadig M. Prevalence of risk factors for diabetic foot complications. BMC family practice. 2007;8(1):1-9.
9. Boulton AJ, Vileikyte L, Ragnarson-Tennvall G, Apelqvist J. The global burden of diabetic foot disease. The Lancet. 2005;366(9498):1719-24.
10. Mamo T, Yifter H, Lemessa T. Risk factors assessment of diabetic foot ulcer using the sixty seconds screening tool: a hospital based cross-sectional study at Tikur Anbessa specialized Hospital. Ethiop Med J. 2015;2:45-9.
11. Amogne W, Reja A, Amare A. Diabetic foot disease in Ethiopian patients: a hospital based study. Ethiopian Journal of Health Development. 2011;25(1):17-21.
12. Khanolkar M, Bain S, Stephens J. The diabetic foot. QJM: An International Journal of Medicine. 2008;101(9):685-95.
13. Nongmaithem M, Bawa APS, Pithwa AK, Bhatia SK, Singh G, Gooptu S. A study of risk factors and foot care behavior among diabetics. Journal of family medicine and primary care. 2016;5(2):399.
14. Nickerson DS, Rader AJ. Low long-term risk of foot ulcer recurrence after nerve decompression in a diabetes neuropathy cohort. Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association. 2013;103(5):380-6.
15. Van Netten JJ, Woodburn J, Bus SA. The future for diabetic foot ulcer prevention: a paradigm shift from stratified healthcare towards personalized medicine. Diabetes/metabolism research and reviews. 2020;36:e3234.
16. Bekele H, Asefa A, Getachew B, Belete AM. Barriers and Strategies to Lifestyle and Dietary Pattern Interventions for Prevention and Management of TYPE-2 Diabetes in Africa, Systematic Review. Journal of Diabetes Research. 2020;2020.
17. AJ SJ, Gomes L. Effects of an educational program focused on self-care and concurrent physical training on glycemia and drug treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus. Diabetes. 2019;5:1-7.
18. Hicks CW, Canner JK, Mathioudakis N, Sherman RL, Hines K, Lippincott C, et al. Neighborhood socioeconomic disadvantage is not associated with wound healing in diabetic foot ulcer patients treated in a multidisciplinary setting. Journal of Surgical Research. 2018;224:102-11.
19. Amin N, Doupis J. Diabetic foot disease: from the evaluation of the “foot at risk” to the novel diabetic ulcer treatment modalities. World journal of diabetes. 2016;7(7):153.
20. Thomas MC. Anemia in diabetes: marker or mediator of microvascular disease? Nature clinical practice Nephrology. 2007;3(1):20-30.
21. Wang D, Ouyang J, Zhou P, Yan J, Shu L, Xu X. A Novel Low-Cost Wireless Footwear System for Monitoring Diabetic Foot Patients. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems. 2020.
22. Vinik AI, Nevoret M-L, Casellini C, Parson H. Diabetic neuropathy. Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics. 2013;42(4):747-87.
23. Alavi A, Sibbald RG, Mayer D, Goodman L, Botros M, Armstrong DG, et al. Diabetic foot ulcers: Part I. Pathophysiology and prevention. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2014;70(1):1. e-. e18.
24. Said G. Diabetic neuropathy—a review. Nature clinical practice Neurology. 2007;3(6):331-40.
25. James WD, Elston D, Berger T. Andrew's diseases of the skin E-book: clinical dermatology: Elsevier Health Sciences; 2011.
26. Murray HJ, Young MJ, Hollis S, Boulton AJ. The association between callus formation, high pressures and neuropathy in diabetic foot ulceration. Diabetic Medicine. 1996;13(11):979-82.
27. Brown WR, Thore CR. Cerebral microvascular pathology in ageing and neurodegeneration. Neuropathology and applied neurobiology. 2011;37(1):56-74.
28. Cade WT. Diabetes-related microvascular and macrovascular diseases in the physical therapy setting. Physical therapy. 2008;88(11):1322-35.
29. Beckman JA, Creager MA, Libby P. Diabetes and atherosclerosis: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and management. Jama. 2002;287(19):2570-81.
30. Edwards R, Harding KG. Bacteria and wound healing. Current opinion in infectious diseases. 2004;17(2):91-6.
31. Mayfield JA, Reiber GE, Sanders LJ, Janisse D, Pogach LM. Preventive foot care in people with diabetes. Diabetes care. 1998;21(12):2161-77.
32. Jeffcoate WJ, Harding KG. Diabetic foot ulcers. The lancet. 2003;361(9368):1545-51.
33. Dorresteijn JA, Kriegsman DM, Assendelft WJ, Valk GD. Patient education for preventing diabetic foot ulceration. Cochrane database of systematic reviews. 2012(10).
34. Al-Rubeaan K, Al Derwish M, Ouizi S, Youssef AM, Subhani SN, Ibrahim HM, et al. Diabetic foot complications and their risk factors from a large retrospective cohort study. PloS one. 2015;10(5):e0124446.