1. Fedrick J, Adelstein P. Influence of pregnancy spacing on outcome of pregnancy. Br Med J. 1973; 4:753-6.
2. Conde-Agudelo A, Rosas-Bermudez A, Castano F, Norton MH. Effects of birth spacing on maternal, perinatal, infant, and child health: a systematic review of causal mechanisms. Stud Fam Plann. 2012; 43:93-114.
3. Adam I, Ismail MH, Nasr AM, Prins MH, Smits LJM. Low birth weight, preterm birth and short interpregnancy interval in Sudan. J Matern Fetal Neonatal.2009; 22:1068-71.
4. Elhakham D, Wainstock T, Sheiner E, Sergienko R, Pariente G. Inter-pregnancy interval and long-term neurological morbidity of the offspring. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2021; 303:703-8.
5. Report of a WHO Technical Consultation on Birth Spacing Geneva, Switzerland 13-15 June 2005
6. Regan AK, Arnaout A, Marinovich L, Marston C, Patino I, Kaur R, Gebremedhin A, Pereira G. Interpregnancy interval and risk of perinatal death: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BJOG.2020; 127:1470-1479.
7. Koullali B, Kamphuis EI, Hof MHP, Robertson SA, Pajkrt E, Groot CJM, Mol BWJ, Ravelli ACJ. The Effect of Interpregnancy Interval on the Recurrence Rate of Spontaneous Preterm Birth: A Retrospective Cohort Study. Am J Perinatol.2017; 34:174-182.
8. Smith GC, Pell JP, Dobbie R. Interpregnancy interval and risk of preterm birth and neonatal death: retrospective cohort study. BMJ.2003; 327:313.
9. Onwuka CC, Ugwu EO, Obi SN, Onwuka CI, Dim CC, Eleje GU, Ezugwu EC, Agu PU, Nwagha UI, Ozumba BC. Effects of short inter-pregnancy interval on maternal and perinatal outcomes: A cohort study of pregnant women in a low-income country. Observational Study of Niger J Clin Pract.2020; 23:928-933.
10. Lei Y, Wen C, Jing Y, Ge P, Rong Z. Systematic review of the effects of birth spacing after cesarean delivery on maternal and perinatal outcomes. Int J Gynaecol Obstet.2019; 147:19-28.
11. Ronsmans C, Campbell O. Short birth intervals don't kill women: evidence from Matlab, Bangladesh. Stud Fam Plann.1998; 29:282-90.
12. McKinney D, House M, Chen A, Muglia L, DeFranco E. The influence of interpregnancy interval on infant mortality. Am J Obstet Gynecol.2017; 216:316.e1- 316.e9.
13. Shenghui L, Jin H, Haufa H, Yanling W, and Jun Z. Interpregnancy interval, maternal age, and offspring's BMI and blood pressure at 7 years of age. J Hum Hypertens. 2018; 32:349-358.
14. Cecatti JG, Correa-Silva EPB, Milanez H, Morais SS, Soiza JP. The associations between inter-pregnancy interval and maternal and neonatal outcomes in Brazil. Matern Child Health J.2008; 12:275-281.
15. Lifang Z, Songying S, Jianrong H, Fanfan C, Jinhua l, Weidong L, Ping W, Lam KBH, Mol BWJ, Yeung SLA. Effect of Interpregnancy Interval on Adverse Perinatal Outcomes in Southern China: A Retrospective Cohort Study, 2000-2015. Paediatr Perinat Epidemiology.2018; 32:131-140.
16. Conde-Agudelo A, Belizan JM. Maternal morbidity and mortality associated with interpregnancy interval: cross sectional study. BMJ.2000; 321:1255-1259.
17. Chunxiang Q, Chunmei M, Aibin X, Wei-Ti C, Chunxia C, Ying L, Yao l, Wenhui B, Siyuan T. A first look at the effects of long inter-pregnancy interval and advanced maternal age on perinatal outcomes: A retrospective cohort study. Birth. 2017; 44:230-237.
18. Zeng Y, Hesketh T. The effects of China's universal two-child policy. Lancet.2016; 388:1930-1938.
19. Wang E, Hesketh T. Exploring women's decisions about childbearing after the lifting of the one-child policy. Cul Health Sex.2018; 20:1230-1243.
20. Teng X, Shane MI, Pan S. The changing situation about maternal age, risk factors and pregnancy outcomes after the two-child policy: a retrospective cohort study. Ann Palliat Med.2020; 9:823-834.
21. Wen S, Shiliang L, Fang H, Lili D, Yanfang G, EI-Chaar D, Wen SW, Dunjin C. Impact of relaxation of the one-child policy on maternal mortality in Guangzhou, China. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2018; 141:378-383.
22. Jing L, Han L, Dan-Dan W, Hong-Tao H, Hui-Hui W, Cheng-Liang Z, Xin-Mei L, Xiao-Jun C, Jian-Zhong S, He-Feng H. Long interpregnancy interval and adverse perinatal outcomes: A retrospective cohort study. Sci China Life Sci. 2020; 63:898-904.
23. Thoma ME, Rossen LM, Silva DA, Warner M, Simon AE, Moskosky S, Ahrens KA. Beyond birth outcomes: Interpregnancy interval and injury-related infant mortality. Paediatr Perinat Epdemiol. 2019; 33:360-370.
24. Timofeev J, Reddy UM, Chun-Chih H, Driggers RW, Landy HJ, Laughon SK. Obstetric complications, neonatal morbidity, and indications for cesarean delivery by maternal age. Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 122:1184-95.
25. Londero AP, Rssetti E, Pittini C, Cagnacci A, Driul L. Maternal age and the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2019; 19:261.
26. Berger BO, Wolfson C, Reid LD, Strobino DM. Risk Adverse Birth Outcomes Among Women of Advanced Maternal Age With and Without Health Conditions in Maryland. Womens Health Issues. 2021; 31:40-48.
27. Nieto MC, Barrabes EM, Martinez SG, Prat MG, Zantop BS. Impact of aging on obstetric outcomes: defining advanced maternal age in Barcelona. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2019; 19:342.
28. Jue L, Li S, Jie Q, Wenzhan J, Liang W, Yue D, Geng Q, Min L. Reducing maternal mortality in China in the era of the two-child policy. BMJ Glob Health. 2020; 5:e002157.
29. Yuanzhong Z, Chengliang X, Jinwen X, Xuejun S, Guohui L, Meimei Z, Pin Y. A blind area of family planning services in China: unintended pregnancy among unmarried graduate students. BMC Public Health. 2013; 13:198.
30. Hutcheon JA, Moskosky S, Ananth CV, Basso O, Briss PA, Ferré CD, Frederiksen BN, Harpe S, Hernández-Díaz S, Hira AH, Kirby RS, Klebanoff MA, Lindberg L, Mumford SL, Nelson HD, Plat RW, Rossen LM, Stuebe AM, Thoma ME, Vladutiu CJ, Ahrens KA. Good practices for the design, analysis, and interpretation of observational studies on birth spacing and perinatal health outcomes.Paediatr Perinat Epidemio. 2019;33:O15-O24.
31. Swaminathan A, Fell DB, Regan A, Walker M, Corsi DJ. Association between interpregnancy interval and subsequent stillbirth in 58 low-income and middle-income countries: a retrospective analysis using Demographic and Health Surveys. Lancet Global health. 2020; 8:e113-e122.
32. Razzaque A, Vanzo JD, Rahman M, et al. The effects of pregnancy spacing on infant and child mortality in Matlab, Bangladesh: how they vary by the type of pregnancy outcome that began the interval. Popul Stud (Camb). 2008; 62:131-54.
33. Class QA, Rickert ME, Oberg AS, Sujan AC, Almqvist C, Larsson H, Lichtenstein P, D'Onofrio BM. Within-Family Analysis of Interpregnancy Interval and Adverse Birth Outcomes. Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 130:1304-11.
34. Schummers L, Hutcheon JA, Hernandez-Diaz S, Williams P, Hacker MR, VanderWeele TJ, Norman WV. Association of Short Interpregnancy Interval With Pregnancy Outcomes According to Maternal Age. JAMA intern Med.2018; 178(:1661-70.
35. Zhu BP, Haines KM, Le T, McGrath-Miller K, Boulton ML. Effect of the interval between pregnancies on perinatal outcomes among white and black women. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2001; 185:1403-10.
36. Harrison MS, White C, Sheeder J, Bol K, Albanese BA. Adolescent Interpregnancy Interval in Colorado Among Women With a Last Live Birth Between 2004 and 2013. J Adolesc Health. 2019; 65:289-294.
37. Wong LF, Schliep KC, Silver RM, Munford SL, Perkins NJ, Ye A, Galai N, Wactawski-Wende J, Lynch AM, Yownsend JM. The effect of a very short interpregnancy interval and pregnancy outcomes following a previous pregnancy loss. Am J Obste Gynecol. 2015; 212:375.e1-e11.
38. Ball SJ, Pereira G, Jacoby P, Klerk N, Stanley FJ. Re-evaluation of link between interpregnancy interval and adverse birth outcomes: retrospective cohort study matching two intervals per mother. BMJ.2014; 349: g4333.
39. Kozuki N, Walker N. Exploring the association between short/long preceding birth intervals and child mortality: using reference birth interval children of the same mother as comparison. BMC Public Health 2013; 13 Suppl 3:S6.
40. Gebrehiwot SW, Abera G, Tesfay K, Tilahun W. Short birth interval and associated factors among women of child bearing age in northern Ethiopia, 2016. BMC Womens Health. 2019; 19:85.
41. Regan AK, Gissler M, Magnus MC, Haberg SE, Ball S, Malacova E, NassarN, Lwonard H, Pereira G. Association between interpregnancy interval and adverse birth outcomes in women with a previous stillbirth: an international cohort study. Lancet. 2019; 393:1527-35.
42. Tessema GA, Pereira G. Challenging the assumption that interpregnancy interval causes stillbirth in low-income and middle-income countries. Lancet Glob Health. 2020; 8:e16-e7.
43. Skjaerven R, Wilcox AJ, Lie RT, Irgens LM. Selective fertility and the distortion of perinatal mortality. Am J Epidemiol. 1988; 128:1352-63.