1. Saeedi P, Petersohn I, Salpea P, Malanda B, Karuranga S, Unwin N, Colagiuri S, Guariguata L, Motala AA, Ogurtsova K et al: Global and regional diabetes prevalence estimates for 2019 and projections for 2030 and 2045: Results from the International Diabetes Federation Diabetes Atlas, 9(th) edition. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2019, 157:107843.
2. Diabetes. Cat. No. CVD 82. [https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/diabetes/diabetes/contents/hospital-care-for-diabetes/type-2-diabetes]
3. Harrison C, Henderson J, Miller G, Britt H: The prevalence of diagnosed chronic conditions and multimorbidity in Australia: A method for estimating population prevalence from general practice patient encounter data. PLoS One 2017, 12(3):e0172935.
4. Shaw J, Tanamas S: Diabetes: the silent pandemic and its impact on Australia. . Melbourne: Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute.; 2012.
5. Britt H, Miller GC, Bayram C, Henderson J, Valenti L, Harrison C, Pan Y, Charles J, Pollack AJ, Chambers T et al: A decade of Australian general practice activity 2006–07 to 2015–16. General practice series no. 41. In. Sydney: Sydney University Press; 2016.
6. RACGP: Management of type 2 diabetes: A handbook for general practice. East Melbourne, Vic.: The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners; 2020.
7. Huang Y, Cai X, Mai W, Li M, Hu Y: Association between prediabetes and risk of cardiovascular disease and all cause mortality: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2016, 355:i5953.
8. Richter B, Hemmingsen B, Metzendorf MI, Takwoingi Y: Development of type 2 diabetes mellitus in people with intermediate hyperglycaemia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2018, 10(10):Cd012661.
9. Glechner A, Keuchel L, Affengruber L, Titscher V, Sommer I, Matyas N, Wagner G, Kien C, Klerings I, Gartlehner G: Effects of lifestyle changes on adults with prediabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Prim Care Diabetes 2018, 12(5):393-408.
10. Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes-2021. Diabetes Care 2021, 44(Suppl 1).
11. Twigg SM, Kamp MC, Davis TM, Neylon EK, Flack JR: Prediabetes: a position statement from the Australian Diabetes Society and Australian Diabetes Educators Association. Med J Aust 2007, 186(9):461-465.
12. Bell K, Shaw JE, Maple-Brown L, Ferris W, Gray S, Murfet G, Flavel R, Maynard B, Ryrie H, Pritchard B et al: A position statement on screening and management of prediabetes in adults in primary care in Australia. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 2020, 164:108188.
13. Johnson JL, Duick DS, Chui MA, Aldasouqi SA: Identifying prediabetes using fasting insulin levels. Endocr Pract 2010, 16(1):47-52.
14. Switzer WB, Stewart F, Paauwe-Weust J: Fasting Insulin vs Hemoglobin A1c: Are We Getting It Right? . Clinical Advisor 2018, September 01.
15. Nolan CJ, Prentki M: Insulin resistance and insulin hypersecretion in the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes: Time for a conceptual framework shift. Diab Vasc Dis Res 2019, 16(2):118-127.
16. Tijs L, Hunter J, Molodysky E: Annual trends in diabetes screening in Australia: a secondary analysis of MBS data. Accepted January 14, 2021. AJGP-11-20-5718. The Australian Journal of General Practice 2021.
17. Britt H: A new coding tool for computerised clinical systems in primary care--ICPC plus. Aust Fam Physician 1997, 26 Suppl 2:S79-82.
18. ICPC-2 : international classification of primary care / prepared by the Classification Committee of the World Organization of National Colleges, Academies, and Academic Associations of General Practitioners/Family Physicians (WONCA), known more briefly as the World Organization of Family Doctors, 2nd ed. edn. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press; 1998.
19. Austin PC, Hux JE: A brief note on overlapping confidence intervals. J Vasc Surg 2002, 36(1):194-195.
20. Colagiuri S, Davies D, Girgis S, Colagiuri R: National evidence based guideline for case detection and diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. Canberra: Diabetes Australia and National Health and Medical Research Council; 2009.
21. Medicare benefits schedule book. Canberra, ACT: Australian Government Department of Health; 2021.
22. Alexander PE, Li SA, Tonelli M, Guyatt G: Canadian Primary Care Physicians' Attitudes Toward Understanding Clinical Practice Guidelines for Diabetes Screening. Can J Diabetes 2016, 40(6):580-585.
23. Barth JH, Misra S, Aakre KM, Langlois MR, Watine J, Twomey PJ, Oosterhuis WP: Why are clinical practice guidelines not followed? Clin Chem Lab Med 2016, 54(7):1133-1139.
24. Gabbay J, le May A: Mindlines: making sense of evidence in practice. Br J Gen Pract 2016, 66(649):402-403.
25. Hafez D, Nelson DB, Martin EG, Cohen AJ, Northway R, Kullgren JT: Understanding type 2 diabetes mellitus screening practices among primary care physicians: a qualitative chart-stimulated recall study. BMC Fam Pract 2017, 18(1):50.
26. Lugtenberg M, Burgers JS, Besters CF, Han D, Westert GP: Perceived barriers to guideline adherence: a survey among general practitioners. BMC Fam Pract 2011, 12:98.