1. Stereotactic radiosurgery alone for multiple brain metastases? A review of clinical and technical issues | Neuro-Oncology | Oxford Academic [Internet]. [cited 2020 Nov 5]. Available from: https://academic.oup.com/neuro-oncology/article/19/suppl_2/ii2/3097609
2. Andrews DW, Scott CB, Sperduto PW, Flanders AE, Gaspar LE, Schell MC, et al. Whole brain radiation therapy with or without stereotactic radiosurgery boost for patients with one to three brain metastases: phase III results of the RTOG 9508 randomised trial. Lancet. 2004;363:1665–72.
3. Auchter RM, Lamond JP, Alexander E, Buatti JM, Chappell R, Friedman WA, et al. A multiinstitutional outcome and prognostic factor analysis of radiosurgery for resectable single brain metastasis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1996;35:27–35.
4. Kondziolka D, Patel A, Lunsford LD, Kassam A, Flickinger JC. Stereotactic radiosurgery plus whole brain radiotherapy versus radiotherapy alone for patients with multiple brain metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1999;45:427–34.
5. Sanghavi SN, Miranpuri SS, Chappell R, Buatti JM, Sneed PK, Suh JH, et al. Radiosurgery for patients with brain metastases: a multi-institutional analysis, stratified by the RTOG recursive partitioning analysis method. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001;51:426–34.
6. Park HS, Wang EH, Rutter CE, Corso CD, Chiang VL, Yu JB. Changing practice patterns of Gamma Knife versus linear accelerator-based stereotactic radiosurgery for brain metastases in the US. Journal of Neurosurgery. American Association of Neurological Surgeons; 2016;124:1018–24.
7. Chung H-T, Park W-Y, Kim TH, Kim YK, Chun KJ. Assessment of the accuracy and stability of frameless gamma knife radiosurgery. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. 2018;19:148–54.
8. Vulpe H, Save AV, Xu Y, Elliston CD, Garrett MD, Wu C-C, et al. Frameless Stereotactic Radiosurgery on the Gamma Knife Icon: Early Experience From 100 Patients. Neurosurgery. Oxford Academic; 2020;86:509–16.
9. Goetsch SJ. Linear Accelerator and Gamma Knife–Based Stereotactic Cranial Radiosurgery: Challenges and Successes of Existing Quality Assurance Guidelines and Paradigms. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics. 2008;71:S118–21.
10. Goodman M. Gamma Knife Radiosurgery: Current Status and Review. Southern Medical Journal. 1990;83:551–4.
11. Kowalski ES, Remick JS, Sun K, Alexander GS, Khairnar R, Morse E, et al. Immune checkpoint inhibition in patients treated with stereotactic radiation for brain metastases. Radiat Oncol [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Nov 5];15. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7590444/
12. Sebastian NT, Glenn C, Hughes R, Raval R, Chu J, DiCostanzo D, et al. Linear accelerator-based radiosurgery is associated with lower incidence of radionecrosis compared with gamma knife for treatment of multiple brain metastases. Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2020;147:136–43.
13. Scorsetti M, Navarria P, Ascolese A, Clerici E, Mancosu P, Picozzi P, et al. OS03.4 Gammaknife versus Linac based (EDGE) radiosurgery (SRS) for patients with limited brain metastases (BMS) from different solid tumor: a phase III randomized trial. Neuro Oncol. Oxford Academic; 2017;19:iii5–6.
14. Navarria P, Clerici E, Carta G, Attuati L, Picozzi P, Franzese C, et al. Randomized Phase III Trial Comparing Gamma Knife and Linac Based (EDGE) Approaches for Brain Metastases Radiosurgery: Results from the Gadget Trial. International Journal of Radiation Oncology*Biology*Physics. 2018;102:S143–4.
15. Paddick I, Hopewell JW, Klinge T, Graffeo CS, Pollock BE, Sneed PK. Letter: Treatment Outcomes and Dose Rate Effects Following Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Vestibular Schwannomas. Neurosurgery. Oxford Academic; 2020;86:E407–9.
16. Smith DR, Saadatmand HJ, Wu C-C, Black PJ, Wuu Y-R, Lesser J, et al. Treatment Outcomes and Dose Rate Effects Following Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Vestibular Schwannomas. Neurosurgery. 2019;85:E1084–94.
17. Vellayappan B, Tan CL, Yong C, Khor LK, Koh WY, Yeo TT, et al. Diagnosis and Management of Radiation Necrosis in Patients With Brain Metastases. Front Oncol [Internet]. 2018 [cited 2020 Nov 5];8. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6172328/
18. Buboltz JB, Tadi P. Hyperbaric Treatment Of Brain Radiation Necrosis. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 [cited 2020 Nov 5]. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK431083/
19. Ricci PE, Karis JP, Heiserman JE, Fram EK, Bice AN, Drayer BP. Differentiating recurrent tumor from radiation necrosis: time for re-evaluation of positron emission tomography? American Journal of Neuroradiology. American Journal of Neuroradiology; 1998;19:407–13.
20. Garcia MA, Anwar M, Yu Y, Duriseti S, Merritt B, Nakamura J, et al. Brain metastasis growth on preradiosurgical magnetic resonance imaging. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2018;8:e369–76.
21. Lee JYK, Sandhu S, Miller D, Solberg T, Dorsey JF, Alonso-Basanta M. Higher dose rate Gamma Knife radiosurgery may provide earlier and longer-lasting pain relief for patients with trigeminal neuralgia. J Neurosurg. 2015;123:961–8.