1. Mills KT, Xu Y, Zhang W, et al. A systematic analysis of worldwide population-based data on the global burden of chronic kidney disease in 2010. Kidney Int. 2015;88(5):950-957.
2. Xie Y, Bowe B, Mokdad AH, et al. Analysis of the Global Burden of Disease study highlights the global, regional, and national trends of chronic kidney disease epidemiology from 1990 to 2016. Kidney Int. 2018;94(3):567-581.
3. Levey AS, de Jong PE, Coresh J, et al. The definition, classification, and prognosis of chronic kidney disease: a KDIGO Controversies Conference report. Kidney Int. 2011;80(1):17-28.
4. Bommer J. Prevalence and socio-economic aspects of chronic kidney disease. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2002;17 Suppl 11:8-12.
5. Kidney disease: Improving global outcomes (KDIGO) CKD work group. KDIGO 2012 clinical practice guideline for the evaluation and management of chronic kidney disease. Kidney International Supplements. 2013;3(1):1-150.
6. Morgan E. Grams SPM. In: Morgan E. Grams SPM, editor. Comprehensive clinical nephrology. 6 ed: ELSEVIER; 2018:903-912.
7. Haynes R, Staplin N, Emberson J, et al. Evaluating the contribution of the cause of kidney disease to prognosis in CKD: results from the Study of Heart and Renal Protection (SHARP). Am J Kidney Dis. 2014;64(1):40-48.
8. Langsford D, Tang M, Cheikh Hassan HI, Djurdjev O, Sood MM, Levin A. The Association between Biomarker Profiles, Etiology of Chronic Kidney Disease, and Mortality. Am J Nephrol. 2017;45(3):226-234.
9. de Chickera S, Akbari A, Levin A, et al. The Risk of Adverse Events in Patients With Polycystic Kidney Disease With Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease. Can J Kidney Health Dis. 2018;5:2054358118774537.
10. Pierce CB, Cox C, Saland JM, Furth SL, Munoz A. Methods for characterizing differences in longitudinal glomerular filtration rate changes between children with glomerular chronic kidney disease and those with nonglomerular chronic kidney disease. Am J Epidemiol. 2011;174(5):604-612.
11. Oh KH, Park SK, Park HC, et al. KNOW-CKD (KoreaN cohort study for Outcome in patients With Chronic Kidney Disease): design and methods. BMC Nephrol. 2014;15:80.
12. Belibi FA, Edelstein CL. Unified ultrasonographic diagnostic criteria for polycystic kidney disease. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20(1):6-8.
13. Stevens LA, Coresh J, Schmid CH, et al. Estimating GFR using serum cystatin C alone and in combination with serum creatinine: a pooled analysis of 3,418 individuals with CKD. Am J Kidney Dis. 2008;51(3):395-406.
14. Li F, Thomas LE, Li F. Addressing extreme propensity scores via the overlap weights. Am J Epidemiol. 2019;188(1):250-257.
15. Denker M, Boyle S, Anderson AH, et al. Chronic Renal Insufficiency Cohort Study (CRIC): Overview and Summary of Selected Findings. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2015;10(11):2073-2083.
16. Imai E, Matsuo S, Makino H, et al. Chronic Kidney Disease Japan Cohort (CKD-JAC) study: design and methods. Hypertens Res. 2008;31(6):1101-1107.
17. Nosadini R, Velussi M, Brocco E, et al. Course of renal function in type 2 diabetic patients with abnormalities of albumin excretion rate. Diabetes. 2000;49(3):476-484.
18. Wright JT, Jr., Bakris G, Greene T, et al. Effect of blood pressure lowering and antihypertensive drug class on progression of hypertensive kidney disease: results from the AASK trial. JAMA. 2002;288(19):2421-2431.
19. Thomas LE, Li F, Pencina MJ. Overlap Weighting: A Propensity Score Method That Mimics Attributes of a Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2020;323(23):2417–2418.
20. Mehta N, Kalra A, Nowacki AS, et al. Association of Use of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers With Testing Positive for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). JAMA Cardiol. Published online May 05, 2020.
21. Yu ASL, Shen C, Landsittel DP, et al. Long-term trajectory of kidney function in autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney disease. Kidney Int. 2019;95(5):1253-1261.
22. Klahr S, Breyer JA, Beck GJ, Dennis VW, Hartman JA, Roth D, et al. Dietary protein restriction, blood pressure control, and the progression of polycystic kidney disease. Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study Group. J Am Soc Nephrol. 1995;5(12):2037-2047.
23. Alencar de Pinho N, Levin A, Fukagawa M, et al. Considerable international variation exists in blood pressure control and antihypertensive prescription patterns in chronic kidney disease. Kidney Int. 2019;96(4):983-994.
24. Ryu, H., Kim, J., Kang, E. et al. Incidence of cardiovascular events and mortality in Korean patients with chronic kidney disease. Sci Rep. 2021;11:1131