1. Sukan A, Reyhan M, Aydin M, Yapar AF, Sert Y, Canpolat T, et al. Preoperative evaluation of hyperparathyroidism: the role of dual-phase parathyroid scintigraphy and ultrasound imaging. Annals of Nuclear Medicine. 2008;22:123-31.
2. Erratum: kidney disease: improving global outcomes (KDIGO) CKD-MBD update work group. KDIGO 2017 clinical practice guideline update for the diagnosis, evaluation, prevention, and treatment of chronic kidney disease-mineral and bone disorder (CKD-MBD). Kidney Int Suppl. 2017;7:1-59. Kidney Int Suppl (2011). 2017;7:e1.
3. Palestro CJ, Tomas MB, Tronco GG. Radionuclide imaging of the parathyroid glands. Semin Nucl Med. 2005;35:266-76.
4. José SCA JP, Lillian AR, Monique NO, Marcello R, Murilo CN, Rodrigo OS. Localization of ectopic and supernumerary parathyroid glands in patients with secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism: surgical description and correlation with preoperative ultrasonography and Tc99m-Sestamibi scintigraphy. Braz J Otorhinolaryngol. 2014;80:29-34.
5. Qin X, Wang B, Li B, Lin C, Liu X, Xie X. Value of contrast-enhanced ultrasonography in radiofrequency ablation of secondary hyperparathyroidism. Ren Fail. 2021;43:445-51.
6. Zeng M, Liu W, Zha X, Tang S, Liu J, Yang G, et al. (99m)Tc-MIBI SPECT/CT imaging had high sensitivity in accurate localization of parathyroids before parathyroidectomy for patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism. Ren Fail. 2019;41:885-92.
7. Hiramitsu T, Tomosugi T, Okada M, Futamura K, Tsujita M, Goto N, et al. Pre-operative localisation of the parathyroid glands in secondary hyperparathyroidism: a retrospective cohort study. Sci Rep. 2019;9:14634.
8. Li P, Liu Q, Tang D, Zhu Y, Xu L, Sun X, et al. Lesion based diagnostic performance of dual phase (99m)Tc-MIBI SPECT/CT imaging and ultrasonography in patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism. BMC Med Imaging. 2017;17:60.
9. Cayir D, Araz M, Yalcindag A, Cakal E. The relationship between semiquantitative parameters derived from technetium-99m metoxyisobutylisonitrile dual-phase parathyroid single-photon emission computed tomography images and disease severity in primary hyperparathyroidism. Nucl Med Commun. 2018;39:304-11.
10. Michaud L, Balogova S, Burgess A, Ohnona J, Huchet V, Kerrou K, et al. A pilot comparison of 18F-fluorocholine PET/CT, ultrasonography and 123I/99mTc-sestaMIBI dual-phase dual-Isotope scintigraphy in the preoperative localization of hyperfunctioning parathyroid glands in primary or secondary hyperparathyroidism. Medicine. 2015;94:e1701.
11. Jovanovska A, Stoilovska B, Mileva M, Miladinova D, Majstorov V, Ugrinska A. Absent (99m)Tc-MIBI uptake in the thyroid gland during early Phase of parathyroid scintigraphy in patients with primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism. Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2018;6:808-13.
12. Araz M, Cayir D, Erdogan M, Ucan B, Cakal E. Factors affecting the sensitivity of Tc-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile dual-phase parathyroid single photon emission computed tomography in primary hyperparathyroidism. Nucl Med Commun. 2017;38:117-23.
13. Spence RAJ, Patterson TJ, Currie P, Convie L, Tong L, Brown T, et al. Renal failure parathyroidectomy – Is pre-operative imaging worthwhile? The Surgeon. 2019;17:201-6.
14. Koberstein W, Fung C, Romaniuk K, Abele JT. Accuracy of dual phase single-photon emission computed tomography/computed tomography in primary hyperparathyroidism: correlation with serum parathyroid hormone levels. Can Assoc Radiol J. 2016;67:115-21.
15. Ishii S, Sugawara S, Yaginuma Y, Kobiyama H, Hiruta M, Watanabe H, et al. Causes of false negatives in technetium-99 m methoxyisobutylisonitrile scintigraphy for hyperparathyroidism: influence of size and cysts in parathyroid lesions. Ann Nucl Med. 2020;34:892-8.
16. Listewnik MH, Piwowarska-Bilska H, Kurantowicz M, Ostrowski M, Borowiecki A, Safranow K, et al. Semi-quantitative method for the assessment of focal lesions in parathyroid scintigraphy with relation to histopathology: a prospective study. Nucl Med Rev Cent East Eur. 2017;20:18-24.
17. Rubinstein M, Hu AC, Chung PS, Kim JH, Osann KE, Schalch P, et al. Intraoperative use of optical coherence tomography to differentiate normal and diseased thyroid and parathyroid tissues from lymph node and fat. Lasers Med Sci. 2021;36:269-78.
18. Rodriguez-Ortiz ME, Rodriguez M. Recent advances in understanding and managing secondary hyperparathyroidism in chronic kidney disease. F1000Res. 2020;9.
19. Xue J, Liu Y, Ji T, Zhao A, Liang Y, Deng H, et al. Comparison between technetium-99m methoxyisobutylisonitrile scintigraphy and ultrasound in the diagnosis of parathyroid adenoma and parathyroid hyperplasia. Nuclear Medicine Communications. 2018;39:1129-37.
20. Piga M, Bolasco P, Satta L, Altieri P, Loi G, Nicolosi A, et al. Double phase parathyroid technetium-99m-MIBI scintigraphy to identify functional autonomy in secondary hyperparathyroidism. J Nucl Med. 1996;37:565-9.
21. Sun Y, Cai H, Bai J, Zhao H, Miao Y. Endoscopic total parathyroidectomy and partial parathyroid tissue autotransplantation for patients with secondary hyperparathyroidism: a new surgical approach. World Journal of Surgery. 2009;33:1674-9.
22. Coakley AJ, Kettle AG, Wells CP, O'Doherty MJ, Collins RE. 99Tcm sestamibi--a new agent for parathyroid imaging. Nucl Med Commun. 1989;10:791-4.
23. Qiu ZL, Wu B, Shen CT, Zhu RS, Luo QY. Dual-phase (99m)Tc-MIBI scintigraphy with delayed neck and thorax SPECT/CT and bone scintigraphy in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism: correlation with clinical or pathological variables. Ann Nucl Med. 2014;28:725-35.
24. Elgazzar AH, Anim JT, Dannoon SF, Farghaly MM. Ultrastructure of hyperfunctioning parathyroid glands: does it explain various patterns of (99m)Tc-sestamibi uptake. World J Nucl Med. 2017;16:145-9.
25. Ozderya A, Temizkan S, Gul AE, Ozugur S, Cetin K, Aydin K. Biochemical and pathologic factors affecting technetium-99m-methoxyisobutylisonitrile imaging results in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. Ann Nucl Med. 2018;32:250-5.
26. Torregrosa J-V, Fernández-Cruz L, Canalejo A, Vidal S, Astudillo E, Almaden Y, et al. 99mTc-sestamibi scintigraphy and cell cycle in parathyroid glands of secondary hyperparathyroidism. World Journal of Surgery. 2014;24:1386-90.
27. Lewiecki EM, Miller PD. Skeletal effects of primary hyperparathyroidism: bone mineral density and fracture risk. J Clin Densitom. 2013;16:28-32.
28. Alkhalili E, Tasci Y, Aksoy E, Aliyev S, Soundararajan S, Taskin E, et al. The utility of neck ultrasound and sestamibi scans in patients with secondary and tertiary hyperparathyroidism. World J Surg. 2015;39:701-5.