1. Øien RA, Vivanti G, Robins DL. Editorial SI: Early Identification in Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Present and Future, and Advances in Early Identification. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. 2021;51(3):763-8.
2. Vivanti G, Dissanayake C. Outcome for children receiving the Early Start Denver Model before and after 48 months. Journal of autism and developmental disorders. 2016;46(7):2441-9.
3. Sacrey LA, Zwaigenbaum L, Bryson S, Brian J, Smith IM, Roberts W, et al. Can parents' concerns predict autism spectrum disorder? A prospective study of high-risk siblings from 6 to 36 months of age. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015;54(6):470-8.
4. Zwaigenbaum L, Bauman ML, Choueiri R, Kasari C, Carter A, Granpeesheh D, et al. Early intervention for children with autism spectrum disorder under 3 years of age: recommendations for practice and research. Pediatrics. 2015;136(Supplement 1):S60-S81.
5. Constantino JN, Abbacchi AM, Saulnier C, Klaiman C, Mandell DS, Zhang Y, et al. Timing of the diagnosis of autism in African American children. Pediatrics. 2020;146(3).
6. Jacobson JW, Mulick JA, Green G. Cost–benefit estimates for early intensive behavioral intervention for young children with autism—general model and single state case. Behavioral Interventions: Theory & Practice in Residential & Community‐Based Clinical Programs. 1998;13(4):201-26.
7. Griffith SF, Maynard D-MB, Bagner DM. Barbadian teachers’ identification of social-emotional, behavioral, and learning challenges in young children. International Journal of School & Educational Psychology. 2020:1-17.
8. Drusch SJ. The Early Identification of Autism Spectrum Disorder in Preschool Settings [Master of social work ]: Catherine University 2015.
9. Jonsdottir SL, Saemundsen E, Gudmundsdottir S, Haraldsdottir GS, Palsdottir AH, Rafnsson V. Implementing an early detection program for autism in primary healthcare: Screening, education of healthcare professionals, referrals for diagnostic evaluation, and early intervention. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. 2020;77:101616.
10. Baio J, Wiggins L, Christensen DL, Maenner MJ, Daniels J, Warren Z, et al. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorder among children aged 8 years—autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, 11 sites, United States, 2014. MMWR Surveillance Summaries. 2018;67(6):1.
11. Brett D, Warnell F, McConachie H, Parr JR. Factors affecting age at ASD diagnosis in UK: no evidence that diagnosis age has decreased between 2004 and 2014. Journal of autism and developmental disorders. 2016;46(6):1974-84.
12. Taresh SM, Ahmad NA, Roslan S, Ma’rof AM, editors. Knowledge in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) among Pre-School Teachers in Yemen. 3rd International Conference on Special Education (ICSE 2019); 2019: Atlantis Press.
13. Desta M, Deyessa N, Fish I, Maxwell B, Zerihun T, Levine S, et al. Empowering Preschool Teachers to Identify Mental Health Problems: A Task‐Sharing Intervention in Ethiopia. Mind, Brain, and Education. 2017;11(1):32-42.
14. Elliott SN, Huai N, Roach AT. Universal and early screening for educational difficulties: Current and future approaches. Journal of School Psychology. 2007;45(2):137-61.
15. Greenberg MT, Domitrovich C, Bumbarger B. The prevention of mental disorders in school-aged children: Current state of the field. Prevention & treatment. 2001;4(1):1a.
16. Luk S-L, Leung PW-L, Bacon-Shone J, Lieh-Mak F. The structure and prevalence of behavioral problems in Hong Kong preschool children. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology. 1991;19(2):219-32.
17. Rones M, Hoagwood K. School-based mental health services: A research review. Clinical child and family psychology review. 2000;3(4):223-41.
18. Leblanc L, Richardson W, Burns KA. Autism Spectrum Disorder and the Inclusive Classroom:Effective Training to Enhance Knowledge of ASD and Evidence-Based Practices. Teacher Education and Special Education. 2009;32(2):166-79.
19. Neely-Barnes SL, Hall HR, Roberts RJ, Graff JC. Parenting a Child With an Autism Spectrum Disorder: Public Perceptions and Parental Conceptualizations. Journal of Family Social Work. 2011;14(3):208-25.
20. Stone WL, Rosenbaum JL. A comparison of teacher and parent views of autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental disorders. 1988;18(3):403-14.
21. Barrie D. Factors that influence parents toward early diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder [Master of Arts]. Ontario, canada Faculty of Nursing, University of Windsor 2010.
22. Dereu M, Raymaekers R, Warreyn P, Schietecatte I, Meirsschaut M, Roeyers H. Can child care workers contribute to the early detection of autism spectrum disorders? A comparison between screening instruments with child care workers versus parents as informants. Journal of autism and developmental disorders. 2012;42(5):781-96.
23. Johnson P, Porter K, McPherson I. Autism knowledge among pre-service teachers specialized in children birth through age five: Implications for health education. American Journal of Health Education. 2012;43(5):279-87.
24. Peters S, Miske SJ, Johnstone C, Harris DP, Wolbers KA, Trotman A, et al. Achieving Inclusion: Transforming the education system of Trinidad and Tobago. Final Report. Minnesota, USA: Miske Witt and Associates; 2008.
25. Biasotti N. he Impact of Professional Development Training in Autism and Experience on Teachers' Self Efficacy. Walden Dissertations and Doctoral Studies Collection at ScholarWorks: Walden University; 2013.
26. Rothì DM, Leavey G, Best R. On the front-line: Teachers as active observers of pupils’ mental health. Teaching and Teacher Education. 2008;24(5):1217-31.
27. Able H. Preschool Teachers’ Perceptions of Factors Influencing their Referral Decisions for Young Children with Severe behavior Problems DISSERTATION. The University of North Carolina: Chapel Hill, NC, USA. 2012.
28. Ensimau NK, editor Teacher’s Ability in Identifying Pupils With Disability in Classroom, Kapit, Sarawak. 3rd International Conference on Special Education (ICSE 2019); 2019: Atlantis Press.
29. Bradshaw CP, Buckley JA, Ialongo NSJSPQ. School-based service utilization among urban children with early onset educational and mental health problems: The squeaky wheel phenomenon. 2008;23(2):169.
30. Splett JW, Garzona M, Gibson N, Wojtalewicz D, Raborn A, Reinke WM. Teacher Recognition, Concern, and Referral of Children’s Internalizing and Externalizing Behavior Problems. School Mental Health. 2018;11(2):228-39.
31. Alexander JL, Ayres KM, Smith KA. Training Teachers in Evidence-Based Practice for Individuals With Autism Spectrum Disorder:A Review of the Literature. Teacher Education and Special Education. 2015;38(1):13-27.
32. Dunlap G, Strain PS, Fox L, Carta JJ, Conroy M, Smith BJ, et al. Prevention and intervention with young children's challenging behavior: Perspectives regarding current knowledge. Behavioral Disorders. 2006;32(1):29-45.
33. Fantuzzo J, Stoltzfus J, Lutz MN, Hamlet H, Balraj V, Turner C, et al. An evaluation of the special needs referral process for low-income preschool children with emotional and behavioral problems. Early Childhood Research Quarterly. 1999;14(4):465-82.
34. Fox L, Smith BJ. Promoting Social, Emotional and Behavioral Outcomes of Young Children Served under IDEA. Issue Brief. Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children. 2007.
35. Lee J-y. Predictors of teachers’ intention to refer students with ADHD to mental health professionals: Comparison of US and South Korea. School Psychology Quarterly. 2014;29(4):385.
36. Hinchliffe KJ, Campbell MA. Tipping Points: Teachers’ Reported Reasons for Referring Primary School Children for Excessive Anxiety. Journal of Psychologists and Counsellors in Schools. 2015;26(1):84-99.
37. Bell ML, McKenzie JE. Designing psycho‐oncology randomised trials and cluster randomised trials: variance components and intra‐cluster correlation of commonly used psychosocial measures. Psycho‐oncology. 2013;22(8):1738-47.
38. Splett JW, Garzona M, Gibson N, Wojtalewicz D, Raborn A, Reinke WM. Teacher recognition, concern, and referral of children’s internalizing and externalizing behavior problems. School mental health. 2019;11(2):228-39.
39. Reinke WM, Stormont M, Herman KC, Puri R, Goel N. Supporting children's mental health in schools: Teacher perceptions of needs, roles, and barriers. School Psychology Quarterly. 2011;26(1):1-13.
40. Rosenbaum M, Gabrielsen TP. Decision factors for community providers when referring very young children for autism evaluation. Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders. 2019;57:87-96.
41. Alyahri A, Goodman R. The prevalence of DSM-IV psychiatric disorders among 7-10 year old Yemeni schoolchildren. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2008;43(3):224-30.
42. Taresh SM, Ahmad NA, Roslan S, Ma’rof AM. Preschool Teachers’ Beliefs towards Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Yemen. Children. 2020;7(10):170.
43. Lwanga SK, Lemeshow S, Organization WH. Sample size determination in health studies: a practical manual: World Health Organization; 1991.
44. Ary D, Jacobs LC, Irvine CKS, Walker D. Introduction to research in education. Business & Economics › Education ed. 10, editor: Cengage Learning; 2018. 720 pages p.
45. Perels F, Merget-Kullmann M, Wende M, Schmitz B, Buchbinder C. Improving self-regulated learning of preschool children: evaluation of training for kindergarten teachers. Br J Educ Psychol. 2009;79(Pt 2):311-27.
46. Campbell DT, Stanley JC. Experimental and quasi-experimental designs for research: Ravenio Books; 2015.
47. Picker RNG.
48. Walter Dick LC, James O. Carey. The Systematic The Systematic Design of Instruction Design of Instruction. 8 ed: New York: Allyn & Bacon; 2014.
49. Chambers NJ, Wetherby AM, Stronach ST, Njongwe N, Kauchali S, Grinker RR. Early detection of autism spectrum disorder in young isiZulu-speaking children in South Africa. Autism. 2017;21(5):518-26.
50. Harrison AJ, Bradshaw LP, Naqvi NC, Paff ML, Campbell JM. Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the Autism Stigma and Knowledge Questionnaire (ASK-Q). J Autism Dev Disord. 2017;47(10):3281-95.
51. Zwaigenbaum L, Bryson S, Lord C, Rogers S, Carter A, Carver L, et al. Clinical assessment and management of toddlers with suspected autism spectrum disorder: insights from studies of high-risk infants. Pediatrics. 2009;123(5):1383-91.
52. Rivard M, Morin M, Mercier C, Terroux A, Mello C, Lépine A. Social Validity of a Training and Coaching Program for Parents of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder on a Waiting List for Early Behavioral Intervention. Journal of Child and Family Studies. 2016;26(3):877-87.
53. Ben-Sasson A, Atun-Einy O, Yahav-Jonas G, Lev-On S, Gev T. Training Physical Therapists in Early ASD Screening. J Autism Dev Disord. 2018;48(11):3926-38.
54. Harrison AJ, Slane MM, Hoang L, Campbell JM. An international review of autism knowledge assessment measures. Autism. 2017;21(3):262-75.
55. Al-Sharbati MM, Al-Farsi YM, Ouhtit A, Waly MI, Al-Shafaee M, Al-Farsi O, et al. Awareness about autism among school teachers in Oman: a cross-sectional study. Autism. 2015;19(1):6-13.
56. Gilligan P. The Challenge of Cultural Explanations and Religious Requirements for Children with Autistic Spectrum Conditions: South Asian Muslim Parents in Bradford, England. Journal of Religion, Disability & Health. 2013;17(4):393-408.
57. Sallows GO, Graupner TD. Intensive behavioral treatment for children with autism: Four-year outcome and predictors. American journal on mental retardation. 2005;110(6):417-38.
58. Harris SL, Handleman JS. Age and IQ at intake as predictors of placement for young children with autism: A four-to six-year follow-up. Journal of autism and developmental disorders. 2000;30(2):137-42.
59. Saggu RK. Parental perceptions of the diagnostic process for autism spectrum disorder in British Columbia 2015.
60. Gustafson KL, Branch RM. What is instructional design. Trends and issues in instructional design and technology. 2002;2:10-6.