(1) World Health Organization. Global action plan on the public health response to dementia 2017-2025. 2017.
(2) Kenigsberg PA, Aquino JP, Bremond F, Charras K, Dening T, Droes RM, et al. Assistive technologies to address capabilities of people with dementia: from research to practice. Dementia 2017;18(4):1568-1595.
(3) Farmer C, Fenu E, O'Flynn N, Guthrie B. Clinical assessment and management of multimorbidity: summary of NICE guidelines. BMJ 2016 21 September 2016;354:i4843.
(4) Hansen A, Hauge S, Helleso R, Bergland A. Purchasers' deliberations on psychosocial needs within the process of allocating healthcare services for older home-dwelling persons with dementia: a qualitative study. BMC Health Services Research 2018;18:746-756.
(5) Amjad H, Roth DL, Samus QM, Yasar S, Wolff JL. Potentially Unsafe Activities and Living Conditions of Older Adults with Dementia. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2016;64(6):1223-1232.
(6) Newton L, Dickinson C, Gibson G, Brittain K, Robinson L. Exploring the views of GPs, people with dementia and their carers on assistive technology: a qualitative study. BMJ Open 2016;6:1-7.
(7) Woolham J, Gibson G, Clarke P. Assistive Technology: Telecare and dementia: some implications of current policies and guidance. Research Policy and Planning 2006;24(3):149-164.
(8) Luppa M, Luck T, Brahler E, Konig H, Riedel-Heller S. Prediction of Institutionalisation in Dementia: A Systematic Review. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders 2008;26:65-78.
(9) Phillips KA, Morrison KR, Andersen R, Aday LA. Understanding the context of healthcare utilization: Assessing environmental and provider-related variables in the behavioral model of utilization. Health Services Research 1998;33(3):571-596.
(10) Toseland RW, McCallion P, Gerber T, Banks S. Predictors of health and human services use by persons with dementia and their family caregivers. Soc Sci Med 2002 October;55(7):1255-1266.
(11) Fleming R, Sum S. Empirical studies on the effectiveness of assistive technology in the care of people with dementia: A systematic review. Journal of Assistive Technologies 2014;8(1):14-34.
(12) Greenhalgh T, Shaw S, Wherton J, Hughes G, Lynch J, A'Court C, et al. SCALS: a fourth-generation study of assisted living technologies in their organisational, social, political and policy context. BMJ Open 2016;6:e010208.
(13) Raivio MM, Laakkonen ML, Pitkala KH. Alzheimer's patients' spouses critiques of the support services. ISRN Nurs 2011;2011:943059.
(14) Rothera I, Jones R, Harwood R, Avery A, Waite J. Health status and assessed need for a cohort of older people admitted to nursing and residential homes. Age Ageing 2003 May;32(3):303-309.
(15) Andersen RM. Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter? Journal of Health and Social Behavior 1995;36(1):1-10.
(16) de Klerk MMY, Huijsman R, McDonnell J. The use of technical aids by elderly persons in the Netherlands: An application of the Andersen and Newman model. The Gerontologist 1997;37(3):365-373.
(17) Brims L, Oliver K. Effectiveness of assistive technology in improving the safety of people with dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Aging & Ment Health 2018;23(8).
(18) Douglas A, Letts L, Richardson J. A systematic review of accidental injury from fire, wandering and medication self-administration errors for older adults with and without dementia. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics 2011;52:e1-e10.
(19) Collins ME. Occupational Therapists' experience with assistive technology in provision of service to clients with Alzheimer's disease and related dementias. Physical and Occupational Therapy in Geriatrics 2018;36(2-3):179-188.
(20) Jarvis F, Clemson LM, Mackenzie L. Technology for dementia: attitudes and practices of occupational therapists in providing assistive technology for way finding. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology 2017;12(4):373-377.
(21) Curnow E, Rush R, Maciver D, Gorska S, Forsyth K. Exploring the needs of people with dementia living at home reported by people with dementia and informal caregivers: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Aging Ment Health 2019;0(0):1-11.
(22) Gitlin LN, Maslow K, Khillan R. National research summit on care, services and supports for Persons with Dementia and their Caregivers. Report to the National Advisory Council on Alzheimer's Research, Care and Services. 2018 27 April 2018, updated 16 May 2018.
(23) Folstein MF, Folstein SE, McHugh PR. "Mini Mental State" A Practical Method for Grading the Cognitive State of Patients for the Clinician. Journal of Psychiatric Research 1975;12(3):189-198.
(24) Leroi I, Woolham J, Gathercole R, Howard R, Dunk B, Fox C, et al. Does Telecare Prolong Community Living in Dementia? A Study Protocol for a Pragmatic Randomised Controlled Trial. Trials 2013;14:349.
(25) Perneczky R, Wagenpfeil S, Komossa K, Grimmer T, Diehl J, Kurz A. Regular Research Articles: Mapping Scores Onto Stages: Mini-Mental State Examination and Clinical Dementia Rating. The American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry 2006;14:139-144.
(26) Forsyth K, Henderson C, Davis L, Singh Roy A, Dunk B, Curnow E, et al. Assessment of need and practice for assistive technology and telecare for people with dementia - the ATTILA (Assistive Technology and Telecare to maintain Independent Living at Home for people with dementia) Trial. Alzheimer's & Dementia: Translational Research and Clinical Interventions 2019;5:420-430.
(27) Everitt BS, Landau S, Leese M. Cluster Analysis. London: Arnold; 2001.
(28) Gao X, Yang M. Understanding and enhancement of internal clustering validation indexes for categorical data. Algorithms 2018;11(177).
(29) Hofstetter H, Dusseldorp E, van Empelen P, Paulussen TWGM. A primer on the use of cluster analysis or factor analysis to assess co-occurrence of risk behaviors. Preventative Medicine 2014;67:141-146.
(30) Clatworthy J, Buick D, Hankins M, Weinman J, Horne R. The user and reporting of cluster analysis in health psychology: A review. British Journal of Health Psychology 2005;10:329-358.
(31) Kaufman L, Rousseeuw PJ. Finding Groups in Data: An Introduction in Cluster Analysis. New York.: John Wiley & Sons; 1990.
(32) Martin DP. Clustering mixed data types in R. 2016; Available at: www.r-bloggers.com/clustering-mixed-data-types-in-r/;
(33) Filaire T. Clustering on mixed data type. 2018; Available at: ttps://towardsdatascience.com/clustering-on-mixed-type-data-8bbd0a2569c3?gi=cad2f6350c29;, 30/04/2019.
(34) Richardson JTE. The analysis of 2 x 2 contingency tables - Yet again. Statistics in Medicine 2011;30:890.
(35) Viechtbauer W. Conducting Meta-analyses in R with the Metafor Package. Journal of Statistical Software ;36(3):1-48.
(36) R Core Team. R: A language and environment for statistical computing. 2017; Available at: https://www.R-project.org/.
(37) Maechler M, Rousseeuw P, Struyf A, Hubert M, Hornik K, Studer M, et al. Package 'Cluster': Methods for Cluster Analysis. 2019.
(38) Department of Statistics University of California Berkeley. Cluster Analysis. 2011; Available at: h//www.stat.berkeley.edu/~s133/Cluster2a.html.
(39) Bantry White E, Montgomery P, McShane R. Electronic tracking for people with dementia who get lost outside the home: a study of the experience of familial carers. British Journal of Occupational Therapy 2010 April;73(4):152-159.
(40) Gagnon-Roy M, Bourget A, Stocco S, Courchesne AL, Kuhne N, Provencher V. Assistive technology addressing safety issues in dementia: A scoping review. The American Journal Of Occupational Therapy: Official Publication Of The American Occupational Therapy Association 2017;71(5):1-10.
(41) Spring HJ, Rowe MA, Kelly A. Improving Caregivers' Well-being by using Technology to Manage Nighttime Activity in Persons with Dementia. Research in Gerontological Nursing 2009;2(1):39-48.
(42) Wood E, Ward G, Woolham J. The development of safer walking technology: a review. Journal of Assistive Technologies 2015;9(2):100-115.
(43) O'Keeffe J. The use of assistive technology to reduce caregiver burden. Issue Brief. Research Summit on Dementia Care: Building Evidence for Service and Supports. 2017.
(44) Gibson G, Dickinson C, Brittain K, Robinson L. Personalisation, customisation and bricolage: how people with dementia and their families make assistive technology work for them. Ageing and Society 2018:1-18.
(45) Dunk B, Longman B, Newton L. GPS technologies in managing the risks associated with safer walking in people with dementia - a practical perspective. Journal of Assistive Technologies 2010;4(3):4-8.
(46) Dickins M, Goeman D, O'Keefe F, Iliffe S, Pond D. Understanding the conceptualisation of risk in the context of community dementia care. Social Science and Medicine 2018;208:72-79.
(47) Lehmann SW, Black BS, Shore A, Kasper J, Rabins PV. Living alone with dementia: lack of awareness adds to functional and cognitive vulnerabilities. International Psychogeriatrics 2010;22(5):778-784.
(48) van Ooteghem K, Musselman KE, Mansfield A, Gold D, Marcil ME, Keren R, et al. Key factors for the assessment of mobility in advanced dementia: A consensus approach. Alzheimer's & Dementia: Translational Research and Clinical Interventions 2019;5:409-419.
(49) Miranda-Castillo C, Woods B, Orrell M. The needs of people with dementia living at home from user, caregiver and professional perspectives: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Health Serv Res 2013 02/04;13:43-43.
(50) Raiha I, Isoaho R, Ojanlatva A, Viramo P, Sulkava R, Kivela S. Poor performance in the Mini-Mental State Examination due to causes other than dementia. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care 2001;19:34-38.
(51) Tierney MC, Charles J, Naglie G, Jaglal S, Kiss A, Fisher RH. Risk factors for harm in cognitively impaired seniors who live alone: A prospective study. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2004 September;52(9):1435-1441.
(52) Tudor Car L, El-Khatib M, Perneczky R, Papachristou N, Atun R, Rudan I, et al. Prioritizing problems in and solutions to homecare safety of people with dementia: supporting carers, streamlining care. BMC Geriatrics 2017;17(26):1-8.
(53) Neubauer NA, Lapierre N, Rios-Rincon A, Miguel-Cruz A, Rousseau J, Liu L. What do we know about technologies for dementia-related wandering? A scoping review, Canadian Journal of Occupational Therapy 2018;85(3):196-208.
(54) Sugarhood P, Wherton J, Procter R, Hinder S, Greenhalgh T. Technology as system innovation: A key informant interview study of the application of the diffusion of innovation model to telecare. Disability and Rehabilitation: Assistive Technology 2014;9(1):79-87.
(55) Handley M, Bunn F, Goodman C. Dementia friendly interventions to improve the care of people living with dementia admitted to hospitals: a realist review. BMJ OPen 2017;7:e015257
(56) Lipworth W, Mason PH, Kerridge I, Ioannidis JPA. Ethics and epistemology in big data research. Bioethical Inquiry 2017;14:489-500.
(57) Clark-Carter D. Quantitative Psychological Research: The Complete Student's Companion. 4th ed. Oxon: Routledge; 2019.
(58) Brock G, Pihur V, Datta S, Datta S. clValid, an R package for cluster validation. 2011 October 17, 2011:1-32.
(59) Schmid R, Eschen A, Rüegger-Frey B, Martin M. Instruments for comprehensive needs assessment in individuals with cognitive complaints, mild cognitive impairment or dementia: a systematic review. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2012 April;27(4):329-341.