1) Collaborators GBDDD. Estimates of the global, regional, and national morbidity, mortality, and aetiologies of diarrhoea in 195 countries: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2016. Lancet Infect Dis. 2018;18:1211-28.
2) Rotavirus vaccines. WHO position paper - January 2013. Weekly Epidemiol Rec. 2013;5:88:49-64.
3) Ruiz-Palacios GM, Perez-Schael I, Velazquez FR, Abate H, Breuer T, Clemens SC, et al. Safety and efficacy of an attenuated vaccine against severe rotavirus gastroenteritis. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:11-22.
4) Vesikari T, Matson DO, Dennehy P, Van Damme P, Santosham M, Rodriguez Z, et al. Safety and efficacy of a pentavalent human-bovine (WC3) reassortant rotavirus vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:23-33.
5) Ibrahim F, Sharaf El-Din MK, El-Deen AK, Shimizu K. A New HPLC-DAD Method for the Concurrent Determination of Hydroquinone, Hydrocortisone Acetate and Tretinoin in Different Pharmaceuticals for Melasma Treatment. J Chromatogr Sci. 2019;57:495-501.
6) World Health Organization. Summary presentation of routine immunization key indicators; 2018. Available at <http://www.who.int/entity/immunization/monitoring_surveillance/SlidesGlobalImmunization.pptx?ua=1>.
7) Murphy TV, Gargiullo PM, Massoudi MS, Nelson DB, Jumaan AO, Okoro CA, et al. Intussusception among infants given an oral rotavirus vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2001;344:564-72.
8) Patel MM, Janssen AP, Tardif RR, Herring M, Parashar UD. A qualitative assessment of factors influencing acceptance of a new rotavirus vaccine among health care providers and consumers. BMC Pediatr. 2007;7:32.
9) MacDougall DM, Halperin BA, Langley JM, MacKinnon-Cameron D, Li L, Halperin SA, et al. Knowledge, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors of parents and healthcare providers before and after implementation of a universal rotavirus vaccination program. Vaccine. 2016;34:687-95.
10) Vassiliki P, Ioanna K, Artemis V, Eleni K, Aglaia Z, Attilakos A, et al. Determinants of vaccination coverage and adherence to the Greek national immunization program among infants aged 2-24 months at the beginning of the economic crisis (2009-2011). BMC Public Health. 2014;14:1192.
11) Araki K, Hara M, Shimanoe C, Nishida Y, Matsuo M, Tanaka K. Case-Control Study of Rotavirus Vaccine Effectiveness Compared to Test-Negative Controls or Hospital Controls. J Epidemiol. 2019; 29: 282-287.
12) Araki K, Hara M, Tsugawa T, Shimanoe C, Nishida Y, Matsuo M, et al. Effectiveness of monovalent and pentavalent rotavirus vaccines in Japanese children. Vaccine. 2018;36:5187-93.
13) Fujii Y, Noguchi A, Miura S, Ishii H, Nakagomi T, Nakagomi O, et al. Effectiveness of rotavirus vaccines against hospitalisations in Japan. BMC Pediatr. 2017;17:156.
14) Morioka I, Kamiyoshi N, Nishiyama M, Yamamura T, Minamikawa S, Iwatani S, et al. Changes in the numbers of patients with acute gastroenteritis after voluntary introduction of the rotavirus vaccine in a Japanese children's primary emergency medical center. Environ Health Prev Med. 2017;22:15.
15) Kobayashi M, Adachi N, Miyazaki M, Tatsumi M. Decline of rotavirus-coded hospitalizations in children under 5 years: A report from Japan where rotavirus vaccines are self-financed. Vaccine. 2018;36:2727-32.
16) Yoshikawa T, Matsuki T, Sato K, Mizuno M, Shibata M, Hasegawa S, et al. Impact of rotavirus vaccination on the burden of acute gastroenteritis in Nagoya city, Japan. Vaccine. 2018;36:527-34.
17) Shono A, Kondo M. Factors that affect voluntary vaccination of children in Japan. Vaccine. 2015;33:1406-11.
18) Hoshi SL, Kondo M, Okubo I. Economic evaluation of routine infant rotavirus immunisation program in Japan. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2017;13:1115-25.
19) Deen J, Lopez AL, Kanungo S, Wang XY, Anh DD, Tapia M, et al. Improving rotavirus vaccine coverage: Can newer-generation and locally produced vaccines help? Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2018;14:495-9.
20) Japan medicl association. Vaccination price in Japan [Available from: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/file/05-Shingikai-10601000-Daijinkanboukouseikagakuka-Kouseikagakuka/0000029884_1_1_2_2.pdf (in Japanese)
21) Emerson E. Relative child poverty, income inequality, wealth, and health. JAMA. 2009;301:425-6.
22) The Comprehensive Survey of Living Conditions, the Ministry, Labour, and Welfare in Japan, 2018.
23) Hungerford D, Macpherson P, Farmer S, Ghebrehewet S, Seddon D, Vivancos R, et al. Effect of socioeconomic deprivation on uptake of measles, mumps and rubella vaccination in Liverpool, UK over 16 years: a longitudinal ecological study. Epidemiol Infect. 2016;144:1201-11.
24) Hungerford D, Vivancos R, Read JM, Iturriza-Gomicronmara M, French N, Cunliffe NA. Rotavirus vaccine impact and socioeconomic deprivation: an interrupted time-series analysis of gastrointestinal disease outcomes across primary and secondary care in the UK. BMC Med. 2018;16:10.
25) Akashi H, Ishioka M, Hagiwara A, Akashi R, Osanai Y. Core factors promoting a continuum of care for maternal, newborn, and child health in Japan. Biosci Trends. 2018;12:1-6.
26) Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. The Ministry's standard forms for the MCH Handbook (revised January 15, 2002). Tokyo (Japan): Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; 2002 [Available from: https://www.mhlw.go.jp/shingi/2002/01/s0115-2a.html.
27) Annual reports of health and welfare services for children in Kanazawa city, 2018 [Available from: https://www4.city.kanazawa.lg.jp/data/open/cnt/3/25778/1/2-1.child30.pdf.
28) MacDonald SE, Russell ML, Liu XC, Simmonds KA, Lorenzetti DL, Sharpe H, et al. Are we speaking the same language? an argument for the consistent use of terminology and definitions for childhood vaccination indicators. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2019;15:740-7.
29) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Global routine vaccination coverage, 2018. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report. 2019;68:938-42.
30) Parker RN, Fenwick R. The pareto curve and its utility for open-ended income distribution in survey research. Sorcial Forces. 1938;61:872-85.
31) OECD Income Distribution Database (IDD): Gini, poverty, income, Methods and Concepts. WHAT ARE EQUIVALENCE SCALES? [Available from: http://www.oecd.org/els/soc/OECD-Note-EquivalenceScales.pdf.
32) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Growing unequal?: income distribution and poverty in OECD countries. Paris: OECD Publications; 2008. .
33) Gimenez Sanchez F, Nogueira EJ, Sanchez Forte M, Ibanez Alcalde M, Cobo E, Angulo R, et al. Impact of vaccination uptake on hospitalizations due to rotavirus acute gastroenteritis in 2 different socioeconomic areas of Spain. Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016;12:1035-9.
34) Orrico-Sanchez A, Lopez-Lacort M, Perez-Vilar S, Diez-Domingo J. Long-term impact of self-financed rotavirus vaccines on rotavirus-associated hospitalizations and costs in the Valencia Region, Spain. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:267.
35) Ganczak M, Dmytrzyk-Danilow G, Karakiewicz B, Korzen M, Szych Z. Determinants influencing self-paid vaccination coverage, in 0-5 years old Polish children. Vaccine. 2013;31:5687-92.
36) MacDonald SE, Bell CA, Simmonds KA. Coverage and Determinants of Uptake for Privately Funded Rotavirus Vaccine in a Canadian Birth Cohort, 2008-2013. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2016;35:e177-9.
37) Dube E, Bettinger JA, Halperin B, Bradet R, Lavoie F, Sauvageau C, et al. Determinants of parents' decision to vaccinate their children against rotavirus: results of a longitudinal study. Health Educ Res. 2012;27:1069-80.
38) Doherty E, Walsh B, O'Neill C. Decomposing socioeconomic inequality in child vaccination: results from Ireland. Vaccine. 2014;32:3438-44.
39) Veldwijk J, Lambooij MS, Bruijning-Verhagen PC, Smit HA, de Wit GA. Parental preferences for rotavirus vaccination in young children: a discrete choice experiment. Vaccine. 2014;32:6277-83.
40) Carlin JB, Macartney KK, Lee KJ, Quinn HE, Buttery J, Lopert R, et al. Intussusception risk and disease prevention associated with rotavirus vaccines in Australia's National Immunization Program. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;57:1427-34.
41) Bedford H, Attwell K, Danchin M, Marshall H, Corben P, Leask J. Vaccine hesitancy, refusal and access barriers: The need for clarity in terminology. Vaccine. 2018;36:6556-8.