1. Biondi B. Thyroid and obesity: an intriguing relationship. The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolism. 2010; 95:3614-3617.
2. Nannipieri M, Cecchetti F, Anselmino M, Camastra S, Niccolini P, Lamacchia M, Rossi M, Iervasi G, Ferrannini E. Expression of thyrotropin and thyroid hormone receptors in adipose tissue of patients with morbid obesity and/or type 2 diabetes: effects of weight loss. International journal of obesity. 2009; 33:1001-1006.
3. Haslam DW, James WP. Obesity. Lancet. 2005; 366:1197-1209.
4. James WP. The epidemiology of obesity: the size of the problem. Journal of internal medicine. 2008; 263:336-352.
5. Hermanns-Le T, Scheen A, Pierard GE. Acanthosis nigricans associated with insulin resistance : pathophysiology and management. American journal of clinical dermatology. 2004; 5:199-203.
6. Patidar PP, Ramachandra P, Philip R, Saran S, Agarwal P, Gutch M, Gupta KK. Correlation of acanthosis nigricans with insulin resistance, anthropometric, and other metabolic parameters in diabetic Indians. Indian journal of endocrinology and metabolism. 2012; 16:S436-437.
7. Stumvoll M, Mitrakou A, Pimenta W, Jenssen T, Yki-Jarvinen H, Van Haeften T, Renn W, Gerich J. Use of the oral glucose tolerance test to assess insulin release and insulin sensitivity. Diabetes care. 2000; 23:295-301.
8. Eston RG, Rowlands AV, Charlesworth S, Davies A, Hoppitt T. Prediction of DXA-determined whole body fat from skinfolds: importance of including skinfolds from the thigh and calf in young, healthy men and women. European journal of clinical nutrition. 2005; 59:695-702.
9. Burke JP, Hale DE, Hazuda HP, Stern MP. A quantitative scale of acanthosis nigricans. Diabetes care. 1999; 22:1655-1659.
10. Danforth E, Jr., Horton ES, O'Connell M, Sims EA, Burger AG, Ingbar SH, Braverman L, Vagenakis AG. Dietary-induced alterations in thyroid hormone metabolism during overnutrition. The Journal of clinical investigation. 1979; 64:1336-1347.
11. Longhi S, Radetti G. Thyroid function and obesity. Journal of clinical research in pediatric endocrinology. 2013; 5 Suppl 1:40-44.
12. Rosenbaum M, Hirsch J, Murphy E, Leibel RL. Effects of changes in body weight on carbohydrate metabolism, catecholamine excretion, and thyroid function. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2000; 71:1421-1432.
13. Le TN, Celi FS, Wickham EP, 3rd. Thyrotropin Levels Are Associated with Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Euthyroid Adolescents. Thyroid : official journal of the American Thyroid Association. 2016; 26:1441-1449.
14. Souza LL, Guedes EP, Teixeira PF, Moreira RO, Godoy-Matos AF, Vaisman M. Serum TSH levels are associated with cardiovascular risk factors in overweight and obese adolescents. Jornal de pediatria. 2016; 92:532-538.
15. Vasan SK, Karpe F. Adipose tissue: Fat, yet fit. Nature reviews Endocrinology. 2016; 12:375-376.
16. Lee MJ, Wu Y, Fried SK. Adipose tissue heterogeneity: implication of depot differences in adipose tissue for obesity complications. Molecular aspects of medicine. 2013; 34:1-11.
17. Chang SH, Beason TS, Hunleth JM, Colditz GA. A systematic review of body fat distribution and mortality in older people. Maturitas. 2012; 72:175-191.
18. Chomard P, Vernhes G, Autissier N, Debry G. Serum concentrations of total T4, T3, reverse T3 and free T4, T3 in moderately obese patients. Human nutrition Clinical nutrition. 1985; 39:371-378.
19. Aras S, Ustunsoy S, Armutcu F. Indices of Central and Peripheral Obesity; Anthropometric Measurements and Laboratory Parameters of Metabolic Syndrome and Thyroid Function. Balkan medical journal. 2015; 32:414-420.
20. Kim JH, Cho JJ, Park YS. Relationship between sarcopenic obesity and cardiovascular disease risk as estimated by the Framingham risk score. Journal of Korean medical science. 2015; 30:264-271.
21. Baselga Torres E, Torres-Pradilla M. Cutaneous manifestations in children with diabetes mellitus and obesity. Actas dermo-sifiliograficas. 2014; 105:546-557.
22. Saraiya A, Al-Shoha A, Brodell RT. Hyperinsulinemia associated with acanthosis nigricans, finger pebbles, acrochordons, and the sign of Leser-Trelat. Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. 2013; 19:522-525.
23. Aguayo A, Vela A, Aniel-Quiroga A, Blarduni E, Fernandez C, Grau G, Nunez J, Martul P, Castano L, Rica I. Absence of diabetes mellitus type 2 in obese children and adolescents in the north of Spain. Journal of pediatric endocrinology & metabolism : JPEM. 2013; 26:25-29.