1. Nwogoh B, Aigberadion U, Nwannadi AI. Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice of Voluntary
Blood Donation among Healthcare Workers at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital,
Benin City, Nigeria. Journal of Blood Transfusion. 2013.
2. WHO AFRO: Blood safety. 2013. Available from:
3. Uma S, Arun R, Arumugam P. The Knowledge, Attitude and Practice Towards Blood Donation
Among Voluntary Blood Donors in Chennai, India. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic
Research. 2013 7(6): 1043 - 6.
4. Abderrahman BH, Saleh MY. Investigating Knowledge and Attitudes of blood donors and
Barriers concerning blood donation in Jordan. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences.
2014; 116: 2146 – 54.
5. Osaro E, Charles AT. The challenges of meeting the blood transfusion requirements
in Sub-Saharan Africa: the need for the development of alternatives to allogenic blood.
Journal of blood Medicine. 2011; 2: 7 - 21. DOI: 10.2147/JBM.S17194
6. WHO. Blood safety and availability. 2019. Available from: https://
7. Central Statistical Agency (Ethiopia), ICF International. Ethiopia Demographic and
Health Survey. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Calverton, Maryland, USA: Central Statistical
Agency and ICF International; 2012.
8. Tapko JB, Mainuka P, Diarra-Nama AJ. Status of blood safety in the WHO African region:
Report of the 2006 servey; 2009.
9. Bates I, Chapotera GK, McKew S, van den Broeka N. Maternal mortality in sub-Saharan
Africa: the contribution of ineffective blood transfusion services. BJOG. 2008; 115:
10. Devi HS, Laishram J, Shantibala K, Elangbam V. Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP)
of Blood Safety and Donation. Indian Medical Gazette. 2012.
11. Abdel Messih IY, Ismail MA, Saad AA, and Azer MR. The degree of safety of family replacement
donors versus voluntary non-remunerated donors in an Egyptian population: a comparative
study. Blood Transfus. 2014; 12: 159-65.
12. Melku M, Terefe B, Asrie F, Enawgaw B, Melak T, Tsegay YG, et al. Knowledge, attitude,
and practice of adult population towards blood donation in Gondar Town, Northwest
Ethiopia: a community based cross-sectional study. Journal of blood transfusion. 2016;
13. Kabinda JM, Miyanga SA, Ramazani SY, Dramaix M-W. Assessment of Knowledge, Attitude
and Practice of the General Population of Bukavu in the Democratic Republic of Congo
on Blood Donation and Blood Transfusion. TransfusionMedicine & Healthcare. 2014; 6(18):