1. John CC, Black MM, Nelson CA. Neurodevelopment: The impact of nutrition and inflammation during early to middle childhood in low-resource settings. Pediatrics. 2017;139(April 2017):S59–71.
2. Lozoff B. Iron deficiency and child development. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 2007;28(4 SUPPL.):560–71.
3. Black MM. Effects of vitamin B12 and folate deficiency on brain development in children. Food and nutrition bulletin. 2008 Jun;29(2 Suppl):S126-31.
4. Winje BA, Kvestad I, Krishnamachari S, Manji K, Taneja S, Bellinger DC, et al. Does early Vitamin B12 supplementation improve neurodevelopment and cognitive function in childhood and into school age: A study protocol for extended follow-ups from randomised controlled trials in India and Tanzania. BMJ Open. 2018;8(2).
5. Gao Y, Sheng C, Xie RH, Sun W, Asztalos E, Moddemann D, et al. New perspective on impact of folic acid supplementation during pregnancy on neurodevelopment/autism in the offspring children - A systematic review. PLoS ONE. 2016;11(11):1–16.
6. Anjum I, Jaffery SS, Fayyaz M, Samoo Z, Anjum S. The Role of Vitamin D in Brain Health: A Mini Literature Review. Cureus. 2018;10(7).
7. Larson LM, Phiri KS, Pasricha SR. Iron and Cognitive Development: What Is the Evidence? Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2017;71(3):25–38.
8. Kvestad I, Taneja S, Kumar T, Hysing M, Refsum H, Yajnik CS, et al. Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid Improve Gross Motor and Problem-Solving Skills in Young North Indian Children: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. PloS one. 2015;10(6):e0129915.
9. International Institute for Sciences. National Family Health Survey - 4: 2015-16, India Fact sheet. In: National Family Health Survey - 4: 2015-16. Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India; 2016. p. 1–6.
10. Aparna P, Muthathal S, Nongkynrih B, Gupta SK. Vitamin D deficiency in India. Journal of family medicine and primary care. 2018;7(2):324–30.
11. Suchdev PS, Ruth LJ, Woodruff BA, Mbakaya C, Mandava U, Flores-Ayala R, et al. Selling Sprinkles micronutrient powder reduces anemia, iron deficiency, and vitamin A deficiency in young children in Western Kenya: a cluster-randomized controlled trial. The American journal of clinical nutrition. 2012 May;95(5):1223–30.
12. Fouelifack FY, Sama JD, Sone CE. Assessment of adherence to iron supplementation among pregnant women in the Yaounde gynaeco-obstetric and paediatric hospital. The Pan African medical journal. 2019;34:211.
13. Galloway R, McGuire J. Determinants of compliance with iron supplementation: supplies, side effects, or psychology? Social science & medicine (1982). 1994 Aug;39(3):381–90.
14. Mahalhal A, Williams JM, Johnson S, Ellaby N, Duckworth CA, Burkitt MD, et al. Oral iron exacerbates colitis and influences the intestinal microbiome. PLoS ONE. 2018;13(10):1–18.
15. Stoffel NU, Cercamondi CI, Brittenham G, Zeder C, Geurts-Moespot AJ, Swinkels DW, et al. Iron absorption from oral iron supplements given on consecutive versus alternate days and as single morning doses versus twice-daily split dosing in iron-depleted women: two open-label, randomised controlled trials. The Lancet Haematology. 2017 Nov;4(11):e524–33.
16. Jijie R, Barras A, Boukherroub R, Szunerits S. Nanomaterials for transdermal drug delivery: Beyond the state of the art of liposomal structures. Journal of Materials Chemistry B. 2017;5(44):8653–75.
17. Prow TW, Grice JE, Lin LL, Faye R, Butler M, Becker W, et al. Nanoparticles and microparticles for skin drug delivery. Advanced drug delivery reviews. 2011 May;63(6):470–91.
18. Banerjee R. Overcoming the stratum corneum barrier: a nano approach. Drug Delivery and Translational Research. 2013 Jun;3(3):205–8.
19. Maghbool M, Khosravi T, Vojdani S, Chaijan MR, Esmaeili F, Amani A, et al. The effects of eugenol nanoemulsion on pain caused by arteriovenous fistula cannulation in hemodialysis patients: A randomized double-blinded controlled cross-over trial. Complementary therapies in medicine. 2020 Aug;52:102440.
20. Xu W, Li Y, Ju M, Lai W, Lu X, Shi H, et al. A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of Compound Glycyrrhizin Capsules Combined with a Topical Corticosteroid in Adults with Chronic Eczema. Capasso R, editor. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2020;2020:6127327.
21. Rinti Banerjee (Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering II of T. Nanoparticle-based cosmetic composition. India: Indian Patent office; 2695/MUM/2011. Available from: https://ipindiaservices.gov.in/PublicSearch/PublicationSearch/PatentDetails [accessed 27 May 2021]
22. Rinti Banerjee (Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering II of T. Nanoparticle-based cosmetic composition. United States Patent Office; US 9,375,388 B2. Available from: https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/88/3f/d3/b86fe03a89223b/US9375388.pdf accessed 27 May 2021.
23. Kapoor MS, D’Souza A, Aibani N, Nair SS, Sandbhor P, Kumari D, et al. Stable Liposome in Cosmetic Platforms for Transdermal Folic acid delivery for fortification and treatment of micronutrient deficiencies. Scientific reports. 2018 Oct;8(1):16122.
24. Apte A, Lubree H, Kapoor M, Juvekar S, Banerjee R BA. Development and implementation of liposomal encapsulated micronutrient fortified body oil intervention for infant massage: an innovative concept to prevent micronutrient deficiencies in children. Frontiers in public health. 2020;8:1095. doi: 10.3389/fpubh.2020.567689.
25. Sanity Lifesciences Pvt Ltd. Observational Study of safety evaluation of 5 cosmetic formulations on 26 healthy human subjects. 2018.
26. Li X, Zhong Q, Tang L. A Meta-Analysis of the Efficacy and Safety of Using Oil Massage to Promote Infant Growth. Journal of pediatric nursing. 2016;31(5):e313-22.
27. Patil R, Roy S, Ingole V, Bhattacharjee T, Chaudhary B, Lele P, et al. Profile: Vadu Health and Demographic Surveillance System Pune, India. Journal of global health. 2019 Jun;9(1):10202.
28. Orsavova J, Misurcova L, Vavra Ambrozova J, Vicha R, Mlcek J. Fatty acids composition of vegetable oils and its contribution to dietary energy intake and dependence of cardiovascular mortality on dietary intake of fatty acids. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 2015;16(6):12871–90.
29. Khadilkar A, Khadilkar V, Chinnappa J, Rathi N, Khadgawat R, Balasubramanian S, et al. Prevention and treatment of vitamin D and calcium deficiency in children and adolescents: Indian Academy of Pediatrics (IAP) guidelines. Indian Pediatrics. 2017;54(7):567–73.
30. National Institute of Nutrition. Nutrient Requirements and Recommended Dietary Allowances for Indians a. Report of the Expert Group of the Indian Council of Medical Research . 2009;1–334. Available from: http://ninindia.org/DietaryGuidelinesforNINwebsite.pdf [accessed 27 May 2021]
31. Phatak P, Dhapre M, Pandit AN, Kulkarni S. A study of Baroda Development Screening Test for infants. Vol. 28, Indian pediatrics. 1991. p. 843–9.
32. Brett D. An evaluation of a variety of skin care formulations on children 0 to 36 months of age with normal skin. Journal of Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing. 2011;38:S77–S77.
33. Carpenter CE, Ward RE. Iron Determination by Ferrozine Method. In: Food Analysis Laboratory Manual. Cham: Springer International Publishing; 2017. p. 157–9.
34. Hutchinson K, Healy M, Crowley V, Louw M, Rochev Y. Verification of Abbott 25-OH-vitamin D assay on the architect system. Practical laboratory medicine. 2017 Apr;7:27–35.
35. Wallace DF. The Regulation of Iron Absorption and Homeostasis. Clin Biochem Rev. 2016;37(2):51–62.
36. Sawarkar S, Ashtekar A. Transdermal vitamin D supplementation-A potential vitamin D deficiency treatment. Journal of cosmetic dermatology. 2020 Jan;19(1):28–32.
37. Sadat-Ali M, Bubshait DA, Al-Turki HA, Al-Dakheel DA, Al-Olayani WS. Topical delivery of vitamin d3: a randomized controlled pilot study. International journal of biomedical science : IJBS. 2014 Mar;10(1):21–4.
38. Black MM. Micronutrient deficiencies and cognitive functioning. The Journal of nutrition. 2003 Nov;133(11 Suppl 2):3927S-3931S.
39. Wicklow B, Gallo S, Majnemer A, Vanstone C, Comeau K, Jones G, et al. Impact of Vitamin D Supplementation on Gross Motor Development of Healthy Term Infants: A Randomized Dose-Response Trial. Physical & occupational therapy in pediatrics. 2016 Aug;36(3):330–42.
40. Lozoff B, Corapci F, Burden MJ, Kaciroti N, Angulo-Barroso R, Sazawal S, et al. Preschool-Aged Children with Iron Deficiency Anemia Show Altered Affect and Behavior. The Journal of Nutrition 2007;137(3):683–9.
41. Su J, Cui N, Zhou G, Ai Y, Sun G, Zhao SR, et al. Hemoglobin Status and Externalizing Behavioral Problems in Children. International journal of environmental research and public health. 2016 Jul;13(8).
42. Simonyté Sjödin K, Domellöf M, Lagerqvist C, Hernell O, Lönnerdal B, Szymlek-Gay EA, et al. Administration of ferrous sulfate drops has significant effects on the gut microbiota of iron-sufficient infants: a randomised controlled study. Gut [Internet]. 2019 Nov 1;68(11):2095 LP – 2097.
43. Domellof M. Iron requirements in infancy. Annals of nutrition & metabolism. 2011;59(1):59–63.