1. Lunny, C., et al., Bibliometric study of ‘overviews of systematic reviews’: evaluation of prevalence, citation and impact factor. 2021, Research Square.
2. Ioannidis, J.P., The Mass Production of Redundant, Misleading, and Conflicted Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses. Milbank Q, 2016. 94(3): p. 485-514.
3. Siontis, K.C. and J.P.A. Ioannidis, Replication, Duplication, and Waste in a Quarter Million Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses. Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes, 2018. 11(12): p. e005212.
4. Moher, D., The problem of duplicate systematic reviews. BMJ : British Medical Journal, 2013. 347: p. f5040.
5. Ioannidis, J.P.A., The Mass Production of Redundant, Misleading, and Conflicted Systematic Reviews and Meta-analyses. The Milbank quarterly, 2016. 94(3): p. 485-514.
6. Zhang, W., et al., OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, part I: critical appraisal of existing treatment guidelines and systematic review of current research evidence. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 2007. 15(9): p. 981-1000.
7. NHMRC, The Australian government's natural therapies review 2019-20 and the role of the national health and medical research council's natural therapies working committee. Australian Journal of Herbal and Naturopathic Medicine, 2019. 31(4): p. 140-141.
8. Caird, J., et al., Mediating policy-relevant evidence at speed: are systematic reviews of systematic reviews a useful approach? Evidence & Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate and Practice, 2015. 11(1): p. 81-97.
9. Chalmers, P.N., et al., Do arthroscopic and open stabilization techniques restore equivalent stability to the shoulder in the setting of anterior glenohumeral instability? a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Arthroscopy, 2015. 31(2): p. 355-63.
10. Fountoulakis, K.N., R.S. McIntyre, and A.F. Carvalho, From Randomized Controlled Trials of Antidepressant Drugs to the Meta-Analytic Synthesis of Evidence: Methodological Aspects Lead to Discrepant Findings. Curr Neuropharmacol, 2015. 13(5): p. 605-15.
11. Lucenteforte, E., et al., Discordances originated by multiple meta-analyses on interventions for myocardial infarction: a systematic review. J Clin Epidemiol, 2015. 68(3): p. 246-56.
12. Osnabrugge, R.L., et al., A systematic review and critical assessment of 11 discordant meta-analyses on reduced-function CYP2C19 genotype and risk of adverse clinical outcomes in clopidogrel users. Genetics in Medicine, 2015. 17(1): p. 3-11.
13. Pantoja T, O.N., Ciaponni A, Herrera C, Lewin S, Oxman A, Paulsen E, Rada G, Wiysonge C Strategies for improving health systems in low-income countries: lessons learnt from four overviews of systematic reviews of health systems interventions. in Cochrane Colloquium. 2015. Vienna.
14. Pollock A, F.S., Brady M, Langhorne P, Mead G, Mehrholz J, van Wijck F Completing the first Cochrane overview of stroke reviews: experiences of the Cochrane Stroke Group in Cochrane Colloquium. 2015. Vienna.
15. Useem, J., et al., Systematic Differences between Cochrane and Non-Cochrane Meta-Analyses on the Same Topic: A Matched Pair Analysis. PLoS One, 2015. 10(12): p. e0144980.
16. Zhao, J.G., J. Wang, and L. Long, Surgical Versus Conservative Treatments for Displaced Midshaft Clavicular Fractures: A Systematic Review of Overlapping Meta-Analyses. Medicine (Baltimore), 2015. 94(26): p. e1057.
17. Zhao, J.G., et al., Intramedullary nail versus plate fixation for humeral shaft fractures: a systematic review of overlapping meta-analyses. Medicine (Baltimore), 2015. 94(11): p. e599.
18. Siontis, K.C., T. Hernandez-Boussard, and J.P.A. Ioannidis, Overlapping meta-analyses on the same topic: survey of published studies. BMJ : British Medical Journal, 2013. 347: p. f4501.
19. Gurevitch, J., et al., Meta-analysis and the science of research synthesis. Nature, 2018. 555(7695): p. 175-182.
20. Ding, D., et al., Duplicate and salami publication: a prevalence study of journal policies. International journal of epidemiology, 2020. 49(1): p. 281-288.
21. Lunny, C., et al., Bibliometric study of ‘overviews of systematic reviews’: evaluation of prevalence, citation and impact factor (preprint). 2021: Researchsquare.com.
22. Ioannidis, J.P., et al., Meta-research: evaluation and improvement of research methods and practices. PLoS biology, 2015. 13(10): p. e1002264.
23. Higgins, J.P.T., Thomas, J., Chandler, J., Cumpston, M., Li, T., Page, M.J., Welch, V.A. (editors). , Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.0. . 2019, Cochrane. Available from www.training.cochrane.org/handbook: London, United Kingdom.
24. Lunny, C., J.E. McKenzie, and S. McDonald, Retrieval of overviews of systematic reviews in MEDLINE was improved by the development of an objectively derived and validated search strategy. J Clin Epidemiol, 2016. 74: p. 107-18.
25. Lunny, C., et al., Overviews of reviews incompletely report methods for handling overlapping, discordant, and problematic data. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2020. 118: p. 69-85.
26. Ernst, E. and P. Posadzki, Complementary and alternative medicine for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis: an overview of systematic reviews. Current pain and headache reports, 2011. 15(6): p. 431-437.
27. Moe, R.H., et al., Effectiveness of nonpharmacological and nonsurgical interventions for hip osteoarthritis: an umbrella review of high-quality systematic reviews. Physical therapy, 2007. 87(12): p. 1716-1727.
28. Mac-Namara, M. and G. Rada, Is rituximab effective for induction of remission in lupus nephritis? Medwave, 2014. 14(7): p. e6010-e6010.
29. Chen, Y., et al., Treatment for lupus nephritis: an overview of systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Rheumatology international, 2017. 37(7): p. 1089-1099.
30. De Niet, G.J., et al., Review of systematic reviews about the efficacy of non‐pharmacological interventions to improve sleep quality in insomnia. International Journal of Evidence‐Based Healthcare, 2009. 7(4): p. 233-242.
31. Ernst, E., M.S. Lee, and T.-Y. Choi, Acupuncture for insomnia? An overview of systematic reviews. The European journal of general practice, 2011. 17(2): p. 116-123.
32. Botero, J., C. Rodríguez, and A. Agudelo‐Suarez, Periodontal treatment and glycaemic control in patients with diabetes and periodontitis: an umbrella review. Australian Dental Journal, 2016. 61(2): p. 134-148.
33. Hasuike, A., et al., Systematic review and assessment of systematic reviews examining the effect of periodontal treatment on glycemic control in patients with diabetes. Medicina oral, patologia oral y cirugia bucal, 2017. 22(2): p. e167.
34. Lopez, N.J., S. Uribe, and B. Martinez, Effect of periodontal treatment on preterm birth rate: a systematic review of meta‐analyses. Periodontology 2000, 2015. 67(1): p. 87-130.
35. Vivares-Builes, A.M., et al., Gaps in knowledge about the association between maternal periodontitis and adverse obstetric outcomes: an umbrella review. Journal of Evidence Based Dental Practice, 2018. 18(1): p. 1-27.
36. Ezzo, J., K. Streitberger, and A. Schneider, Cochrane systematic reviews examine P6 acupuncture-point stimulation for nausea and vomiting. Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine, 2006. 12(5): p. 489-495.
37. Towler, P., A. Molassiotis, and S. Brearley, What is the evidence for the use of acupuncture as an intervention for symptom management in cancer supportive and palliative care: an integrative overview of reviews. Supportive care in cancer, 2013. 21(10): p. 2913-2923.
38. Wu, X., et al., Effectiveness of acupuncture and related therapies for palliative care of cancer: overview of systematic reviews. Scientific reports, 2015. 5(1): p. 1-15.
39. Posadzki, P., Is spinal manipulation effective for pain? An overview of systematic reviews. Pain Medicine, 2012. 13(6): p. 754-761.
40. Posadzki, P. and E. Ernst, Spinal manipulation: an update of a systematic review of systematic reviews. NZ Med J, 2011. 124(1340): p. 55-71.
41. Popper, K., The logic of scientific discovery. 2005: Routledge.
42. Karunananthan, S., et al., When and how to replicate systematic reviews. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2020(2).
43. Moher, D., The problem of duplicate systematic reviews. 2013, British Medical Journal Publishing Group.
44. Lucenteforte, E., et al., Discordances originated by multiple meta-analyses on interventions for myocardial infarction: a systematic review. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2015. 68(3): p. 246-256.
45. Augustin, G., et al., Discordant outcomes of laparoscopic versus open appendectomy for suspected appendicitis during pregnancy in published meta-analyses: an overview of systematic reviews. Surgical Endoscopy, 2020. 34(10): p. 4245-4256.
46. Dettori, J.R. and D.C. Norvell, Discordant Systematic Reviews: Which to Believe? Global Spine Journal, 2020. 10(2): p. 237-239.
47. Trinquart, L., D.M. Johns, and S. Galea, Why do we think we know what we know? A metaknowledge analysis of the salt controversy. International Journal of Epidemiology, 2016. 45(1): p. 251-260.
48. Pieper, D., et al., Systematic review finds overlapping reviews were not mentioned in every other overview. Journal of clinical epidemiology, 2014. 67(4): p. 368-375.
49. Pollock, M., Fernandes, R.M., Becker, L.A., Pieper, D., Hartling, L.C, Chapter V: Overviews of Reviews. , in Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.1 (updated September 2020). Available from www.training.cochrane.org/handbook, T.J. In: Higgins JPT, Chandler J, Cumpston M, Li T, Page MJ, Welch VA (editors). , Editor. 2020, Cochrane: UK.
50. Lunny, C., et al., Evidence map of studies evaluating methods for conducting, interpreting and reporting overviews of systematic reviews of interventions: rationale and design. Syst Rev, 2016. 5: p. 4.
51. Lunny, C., et al., Toward a comprehensive evidence map of overview of systematic review methods: paper 1-purpose, eligibility, search and data extraction. Syst Rev, 2017. 6(1): p. 231.
52. Lunny, C., et al., Toward a comprehensive evidence map of overview of systematic review methods: paper 2-risk of bias assessment; synthesis, presentation and summary of the findings; and assessment of the certainty of the evidence. Syst Rev, 2018. 7(1): p. 159.
53. Lunny, C., et al., Overviews of reviews incompletely report methods for handling overlapping, discordant, and problematic data. J Clin Epidemiol, 2020. 118: p. 69-85.